Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Out of the blue... "Activation Required" on ipadAir... WTF?!

So for no reason at all my ipad is saying 'Activation Required' and has locked me out. Am I going to lose all my stuff since the last backup?

Comments

• Yeah, game over man.. It's a paper-weight now..

• @JangoMango said:
    Yeah, game over man.. It's a paper-weight now..

This I doubt, but thanks for playing.

• I would try connect it to iTunes on a desktop computer. Should give you the requred options to reactivate it. Don't remember the specifics though, but it worked for me, once with a frinds iPad, which was locked in the same way.

• edited February 2017

I had a similar problem a long time ago when I mistakenly decided to do an iOS update while traveling, via wifi in a hotel. Rendered my device useless until I got home... seems like a couple tries via cable-hooked up to iTunes on the laptop did the trick, but I vaguely recall losing a handful of stored projects.

• I called Apple and they assured me if I log on everything will be OK. The 'It may take several minutes to set up your ipad' message on that screen freaked me out.

I just punched in the password and boom, in just fine, like a normal passcode deal. Weird. Apple did'nt say much but it sounded like a semi-routine security thing.

• @AudioGus said:
    I called Apple and they assured me if I log on everything will be OK. The 'It may take several minutes to set up your ipad' message on that screen freaked me out.

I just punched in the password and boom, in just fine, like a normal passcode deal. Weird. Apple did'nt say much but it sounded like a semi-routine security thing.

Something about Apple did'nt say much but it sounded like a semi-routine security thing. makes me picture...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:
    I called Apple and they assured me if I log on everything will be OK. The 'It may take several minutes to set up your ipad' message on that screen freaked me out.

Something about Apple did'nt say much but it sounded like a semi-routine security thing. makes me picture...

Mmm, felt like that too.

• If it makes you feel any better my phone did this the other day out of the blue. Freaked me out too but everything seems to be okay!

• @AudioGus said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

Mmm, felt like that too.

I would say: Maybe a semi-security routine thing.

• @Looping_Loddar said:

@AudioGus said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

Mmm, felt like that too.

Hehe yah, I did not feel secure.

• @AudioGus said:

@Looping_Loddar said:

@AudioGus said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

Mmm, felt like that too.

So is it fixed?

What pre-empted this?

Were you on any shady sites?

Weird financial activity?

• @RustiK said:

@AudioGus said:

@Looping_Loddar said:

@AudioGus said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

Mmm, felt like that too.

So is it fixed?

What pre-empted this?

It is just the security system of Apple for iOS devices i think. Maybe somebody in China tried to use his Apple ID. There are lots of weird reasons we will never understand. It is part of the security policy of Apple not to talk about the reasons they have. Sometimes it is just a mistake, happening after an OTA iOS update. Should be very, very seldom.

• @RustiK said:

@AudioGus said:

@Looping_Loddar said:

@AudioGus said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

Mmm, felt like that too.

So is it fixed?

What pre-empted this?

yes it was fixed. I called Apple, they reassured me to just type in my password and that despite the message saying something like 'It may take several minutes to set up your iPad', that all my data and everying will be fine. I typed it in and I was back in like nothing happened. No shady sites or weird financial activity that I can tell.

• @Looping_Loddar said:

@RustiK said:

@AudioGus said:

@Looping_Loddar said:

@AudioGus said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

Mmm, felt like that too.

So is it fixed?

What pre-empted this?

It is just the security system of Apple for iOS devices i think. Maybe somebody in China tried to use his Apple ID. There are lots of weird reasons we will never understand. It is part of the security policy of Apple not to talk about the reasons they have. Sometimes it is just a mistake, happening after an OTA iOS update. Should be very, very seldom.

OH actually yah, when I logged into icloud on PC (which i never did before) my time zone and language were set to something... Asian, heh. No idea if this was related but I changed my apple password anyway. Who knows, maybe i was hacked and they caught it in time before my toaster killed me in my sleep.

• It is never a good idea to let your toaster kill you! :D

I suppose that you dont use "2-factor"-authentification for your Apple ID, and if this is the case, then maybe some Asian Bro (or his machine/program which will do this) have tried out your account and guessing your password. Just for the fun. Or, in case he can catch your account, to generate in-app-purchases for some really funny chinese stuff.

Things like this happens.