Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stroke Machine would you buy it again?

seems like an iOS kind of Electribe. would you buy it again? do you still use it!
tia

Comments

• edited February 2017

Deleted it yesterday, due to having not opened it in some time. Just wasn't for me. Fiddly, and everything I made sounded like acid house music. Clever ideas in there, though.

• edited February 2017

It's one of my all time favorites, I love the synth sounds, drum synth especially (2 osc synth for drums is very rare on iOS especially with possibility of user imported sample as one layer) I'd buy anything Franke makes, (including the new Biotek synth for the Traktion people)

Lately I use it to make loops to load into other apps like Rotor, FLSM.

• @aaronpc said:
    Deleted it yesterday, due to having not opened it in some time. Just wasn't for me. Fiddly, and everything I made sounded like acid house music. Clever ideas in there, though.

would you mind elaborating on fiddly?

• do you use the melody parts at all?

• @dermichl said:

@aaronpc said:

would you mind elaborating on fiddly?

Nothing unusual or buggy— it's just that there a lot of controls for one screen, so I each has a small space to work in. That, combined with the bright colors and all those roundy boxes just put me off. It's the kind of app you have to spend some time in, but it wore me out just looking at it. Probably looks great in a dark room/club.

If the dev gave me the ability to adjust the colors to taste (don't care for the b/w mode) and/or turn off the box outlines, then I would give it another try. I want to like it. It really is well laid out, considering the one screen design, and is powerful, so don't let me put you off.

The acid house comment isn't really fair— I just never spent enough time in there to bend it to my will.

• I bought Stroke M when it came out. In spite of promises from the dev, I've never gotten it to sync to anything. Perhaps it's worth the purchase for those looking for a limited standalone or a stem creator but without sync it's useless to me. Ableton Link support would be a major step ahead.

• I never could understand the patterning of the sequencer and how it correlated to the things I was doing.

With apps like this style and era, I like me some Zillidrone.

Both apps are small at least, not like modern monstrosities.

• @RustiK said:

With apps like this style and era, I like me some Zillidrone.

Yesterday I was going through my list of purchased apps, and almost downloaded zillidrone again, it sounds good, but hasn't had an update for too long and the UI is impossible to work with. Maybe I'll give Stroke Machine another go.

• Zillidrone is very cool

• I never use it, ui puts me off. Sounds good though. Deleted it about 6months ago

• Ive barely used it, but i keep it around. Its one of those "one of these days" apps for me.

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    Ive barely used it, but i keep it around. Its one of those "one of these days" apps for me.

I can never decide if we're lucky or unlucky to have so few of those types of days...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Gaia.Tree said:
    Ive barely used it, but i keep it around. Its one of those "one of these days" apps for me.

I can never decide if we're lucky or unlucky to have so few of those types of days...

Haha id have more of them if i could somehow permanently disable the non-music making functions of this here ipad!

• Yes, if it had link!

• @Daath7 said:
    Yes, if it had link!

It's had 3 updates since Link has become an essential feature, and it still is missing. Maybe now the Tracktion Biotek is out, Wolfram will have time to update Stroke Machine

• I really like it, but it's not the easiest app to get into.
    It's deep too and has the midi learn that Attack lacks. Hope it gets an AU extension.

I never really bothered to use the built in sequencer and use it as a drum module via a Link based sequencer.

• If Link is what you want, just ask: write Mr Franke, (his contact link is in-app) he'll write right back. At least he has with me. He seems pretty cool.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    If Link is what you want, just ask: write Mr Franke, (his contact link is in-app) he'll write right back. At least he has with me. He seems pretty cool.

Done that.
    Can anyone tell why I'm unable to change from the multicoloured display to the subdued setting ? In the global prefs, when the setting is changed, the display doesn't change as expected.

• Mail sent to Wolfram Franke:
    Hi Wolfram, regarding Stroke Machine, I wondered if you have any plans to implement Ableton Link ? Since its introduction, Link has become an essential function in my iOS workflow. Please consider adding Link to a future update of this awesome app.
    Thank you , hopefully,
    gsm909

Reply from Wolfram:
    Hi Graeme,
    will do but I am currently working on something entirely different. Sorry that you have to wait.
    Best wishes,
    Wolfram Franke

So, Link will be added sometime, maybe not soon, but it will be done.

• edited February 2017

@gsm909 said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    If Link is what you want, just ask: write Mr Franke, (his contact link is in-app) he'll write right back. At least he has with me. He seems pretty cool.

Done that.
    Can anyone tell why I'm unable to change from the multicoloured display to the subdued setting ? In the global prefs, when the setting is changed, the display doesn't change as expected.

It should be changed next time you open it...

@gsm909 said:
    Mail sent to Wolfram Franke:
    Hi Wolfram, regarding Stroke Machine, I wondered if you have any plans to implement Ableton Link ? Since its introduction, Link has become an essential function in my iOS workflow. Please consider adding Link to a future update of this awesome app.
    Thank you , hopefully,
    gsm909

Reply from Wolfram:
    Hi Graeme,
    will do but I am currently working on something entirely different. Sorry that you have to wait.
    Best wishes,
    Wolfram Franke

So, Link will be added sometime, maybe not soon, but it will be done.

That's cool. I wonder if he's doing something in iOS, or that other realm...