Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Live video link jam - gadget, patterning, model 15, op-1

Trying to convince my analog purist cork sniffer friend about how great link is. Quick jam with 2 ipads, the iphone and the op-1 ( synced with midi link sync). Too much going on for me concentrate properly on one or 2 instruments, live i would cut this down to 2 things to handle at the most.

Only using the computer to record the stereo out. Using a passive splitter "mixer" so mixed with each instruments volume.

Comments

• This is fantastic! But I'm going to need the mystery stripped away. That killer bassline is just Gadget on an iPhone? (Controlled by the NanoKontrol?) Amazing. And that piano loop I assume is the OP1? And the Model15 is doing what?

• @ExAsperis99 thanks :) 2 bass lines, moog with it's internal sequencer. Starts off alone, then in gadget i have chicago with the 303 sound, montreal rhodes, lex pad, and bilbao drums in individual tracks. I just set up scenes with different combinations of these to launch, as if i was muting instruments as a group. Patterning is just for minimal percussion, will probably just use 2 ios devices. The op-1 is the new voltage synth, using the new arpegiator, i had set up more fx trickery movements but completely forgot.

• I like it. nice hack using a headphone splitter as a mixer. I guess that works. I would be worried about the signal going the wrong way and frying all my headphone jacks. ...mostly because I don't know anything about audio routing, lol.

• @Hmtx said:
    I like it. nice hack using a headphone splitter as a mixer. I guess that works. I would be worried about the signal going the wrong way and frying all my headphone jacks. ...mostly because I don't know anything about audio routing, lol.

Thanks. I got the idea watching the dude that made the volcas, his live rig was using this. No danger.