Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Trying to fit in.

13»

Comments

• edited February 2017

@RedSkyLullaby said:
    If you want any semblance of joy, fit what you make to what you want to hear.

That's a really good point. Some of the iOS noise I do, is done because it's the sort of racket I want to listen to, but difficult to find elsewhere. And so fast live takes, give me a batch of noise to listen to while I'm working.

On the other hand the 'fitting in' stuff I'll hardly listen to again. I spent a few hours yesterday trying to nail the bassline for a band track. Sounds alright, but given the choice I'd rather listen to a load of detuned iVCS3's.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Some interesting views here.....I think what I take from this is just carry on doing what I'm doing and don't think about it :)
    And that if I did want to consciously try and make money from music then make music specifically for that purpose and largely forget about the art.

I'll hand it to cat's who can write "custom to order" music, jingles and music written specifically for a market in mind.

My experience has been anytime I tried to fashion a song just so or hell, TRIED to write a song period, they've always been awful.

I've never sat & said "time to write a song!" It's more of the vessel metaphor with sitting playing guitar, piano, bass, etc jamming, practicing...and then "Oooo, that's cool" a chord progression or a bit starts to emerge and if it sounds good it's on to refining and eventually writing the bit down or recording a quick run through.

I like the old adage of "if you can't remember it the next day then it's not very good", it sounds all artistically badass, but the reality is I like to record a quick compositional demo on my phone & back in the '90's a micro cassette, etc. It gives a different perspective to sit & listen, not playing or singing, just listening to the form of the bit.

• "Pound it in make it fit"

Aware?

• @telecharge said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@telecharge said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    The thing you've got to like about vanity is how it's stayed consistent over all these years.

I dunno, seems to have gotten worse in America.

Vanity compelled me to post this opinion.

That's what I'm getting at actually. We (read: me) are pretty certain that Helen Handbasket's riding the downhill train now more than ever she has but then you go back and read The Ecc and realize human beings had been in the business of their own fear and fullness for a fair few years before we showed up smoking our heroin tablets on the internet etc.

You're right -- off to flog myself with a selfie stick.

great exchange

• This is a great thread. Very fun to read through.

I made an entire acoustic Rock/worship album years ago, with the style of music I enjoyed playing at the time, it fit in coffee shops and small venues. It was a mixture of acoustic guitar, electric with some mild distortion, 80's vibe/influence to the tunes, and combined me singing clear vocals with a bit of raspy-ness to them at times. People would come and support me playing live, quite a lot. No one really bought my album when I released it.

I think,, because it was such a mutt style of music. hodge-podge mixture. I really like the songs I wrote, and love to play them. But, I write and record, I don't know? More mainstream music now?

Which I like anyway. Straight up metal, mostly thrash. Rock, punkish stuff, straight ahead acoustic music. Techno/trance/edm....Contemporary or straight up Worship music. I think the little that I have done recently, seems to get more of a response than my other style.

But, it's me performing and recording, so I always say/know I tend to really "Jaysonize" things quite a bit. So it's not really too mainstream once I get through with it. :)