Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

KRFT 1.1 update, iPad version

Comments

• edited February 2017

I haven't tried groups yet, but had another fun couple of hours with the app last night.

It's passed the 'will I still be using it in a week's time?' test.

• BTW -- we got on the front page of Product Hunt ... https://www.producthunt.com/posts/krft

• Actually I'm able to select which group goes active which is really cool! Sort of like creating your custom variations and selecting them as needed to build up your song. See the screen shot . So as you can see on my iPhone SE things get a bit tight but works. The right bottom surfaces active a separate group of surfaces and you can mix it up to create any mix as you desire!

I just wanna have the option of selecting how soon the next group goes active after tapping on the group selecting surfaces.

@kobamoto said:

if you can't choose when a group goes active right now, then what is it like?

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    I just wanna have the option of selecting how soon the next group goes active after tapping on the group selecting surfaces.

good feature idea

• Groups: you just tell them what cells to play. When you click the group, those cells play.

• Groups are cool beans man!!!! I wanna create a really nice template with various Beat variations with fills and instruments with each variation to create song parts like intro verse chorus etc!!

• @MusicMan4Christ said:

The two options are to tap the Group button once, which starts in 8 beats (or less, it always starts on an even bar), or double-tap the Group button which starts it in 4 (the top of the next bar).

You can't start it on anything but the even bar, though.

• ive got some ideas for crazy surfaces. Will be testing them this evening. Stay tuned

• good choices, as is starting them when you want, it's only natural. (I wouldn't call starting when you want a feature, that's stretching it a bit but this looks like a wonderful app shaping up.

• @kobamoto said:
    good choices, as is starting them when you want, it's only natural. (I wouldn't call starting when you want a feature, that's stretching it a bit but this looks like a wonderful app shaping up.
    @w3epy said:
    @bigcatrik you got it :)

I'm liking/enoying the app a lot as is - but after 3 days playing around, I'm finding most of the bass sounds not to my liking - and also that there are several bass presets which sound very close to 4 or 5 other presets (too many distorted/bit crushed/dubstep type bass sounds for my taste). Wondering @w3epy if there will be any new presets added in future updates? Of course, with midi out and/or sample import this would be a moot point in many ways. But just curious if more presets are in the cards? Still in all, great little app so far.

• @kobamoto said:
    good choices, as is starting them when you want, it's only natural. (I wouldn't call starting when you want a feature, that's stretching it a bit but this looks like a wonderful app shaping up.

It's ease of use and versatile sounds are what make it so addictive for me. I've ignored all my other apps since getting this one.

• @MonzoPro said:

@kobamoto said:

It's ease of use and versatile sounds are what make it so addictive for me. I've ignored all my other apps since getting this one.

for me it looks to be definitely on the brink, they just gotta take the cuffs off

• you know, if you love something let it go free and it'll create returns and all that

• There's no way to share surfaces, right?

• I realize it needs a new type of object: single note trigger and/or customizable playing surface for live melodies while on the surface. Scale lock needed of course. I thought I could create my own by putting a fuck ton of "hold only" triggers on there with a single note each, but they only trigger after a slight delay (the hold). You can't just tap them.

• edited February 2017

@kobamoto said:

@MonzoPro said:

@kobamoto said:

for me it looks to be definitely on the brink, they just gotta take the cuffs off

I think they will, and so I'm putting in a bit of time learning how to use it, and getting some projects under my belt for when it's updated.

It's really fun already though, and you can export clips to Audioshare, for chopping up in Blocs, and then triggering in Launchpad.

You can do amazing things now by using a combination of apps, but yeah, looking forward to the updates.

• @MonzoPro said:

@kobamoto said:

@MonzoPro said:

@kobamoto said:

I think they will, and so I'm putting in a bit of time learning how to use it, and getting some projects under my belt for when it's updated.

It's really fun already though, and you can export clips to Audioshare, for chopping up in Blocs, and then triggering in Launchpad.

You can do amazing things now by using a combination of apps, but yeah, looking forward to the updates.

good to know, it's getting lonely on our village fence without you hahaha

• Would really like the option someday to create a new instrument and copy the notes from another to be able to improvise on it and gave the flexibility to use different effect levels to that new instrument.

@w3epy said:

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    There's no way to share surfaces, right?

That would be pretty.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Would really like the option someday to create a new instrument and copy the notes from another to be able to improvise on it and gave the flexibility to use different effect levels to that new instrument.

@w3epy said:

nice request! +5000

• Me too man!! I was feeling a bit guilty :D

@kobamoto did you miss the special intro price?

Still worth every penny on this amazing app!

@MonzoPro said:

• got the syrup, jus waiting on the pancakes

• Who's bringing the bacon?

• @kobamoto said:

@MonzoPro said:

@kobamoto said:

@MonzoPro said:

@kobamoto said:

good to know, it's getting lonely on our village fence without you hahaha

:) This was an easy one for me - particularly as it was such a good price. I'll be doing plenty of fence sitting this year though, UK store prices are looking pretty scary these days...

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Who's bringing the bacon?

hopefully krft :)

• Hey guys, looking for a few users to beta test the new Audio Import feature. Please DM me your email if you're interested!

• @db909 said:
    I realize it needs a new type of object: single note trigger and/or customizable playing surface for live melodies while on the surface. Scale lock needed of course. I thought I could create my own by putting a fuck ton of "hold only" triggers on there with a single note each, but they only trigger after a slight delay (the hold). You can't just tap them.

That's on the way dude. I did the same as you. It really helps if you set quantize for the cell (not keyboard) to 1/16, but last week i asked them for no quantize for full on wonkiness. A dev replied with a yes, easy to implement and will do so.

• This was worth it.