Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

KRFT 1.1 update, iPad version

Comments

• @w3epy said:
    @db909 - we have these experimental recorder cells which do just that. You hit record on them then play some stuff on the surface - tap to stop and loop. Works pretty neat actually - just needs a bit of testing and tidying.

thank you. would love this, can't wait for it's implementation!

• @Halftone said:

@w3epy said:
    @db909 - we have these experimental recorder cells which do just that. You hit record on them then play some stuff on the surface - tap to stop and loop. Works pretty neat actually - just needs a bit of testing and tidying.

Sounds wonderful! Can't wait

+1

• Experimental recording cells? Hell yeah

• This app seems like it could have a similar development to Blocs Waves - which I'd consider one of the standout apps of the last year. Hoping they keep sending out regular updates with a new feature here and there. This could grow to be super amazing in 6 or 8 months. (And it's already quite amazing)

• Agree!
    Don't forget the good reviews everyone :)

This app is as simple as you want it to be but also as deep! Love it!!

@Halftone said:
    This app seems like it could have a similar development to Blocs Waves - which I'd consider one of the standout apps of the last year. Hoping they keep sending out regular updates with a new feature here and there. This could grow to be super amazing in 6 or 8 months. (And it's already quite amazing)

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Agree!
    Don't forget the good reviews everyone :)

This app is as simple as you want it to be but also as deep! Love it!!

Thanks for the nudge, will get to it now...

• Darn it!!!! Missed my metro stop was so into KRFT that I missed my stop by three stops gonna be really late for dinner now! :s :'(

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Darn it!!!! Missed my metro stop was so into KRFT that I missed my stop by three stops gonna be really late for dinner now! :s :'(

A sign of a good app. I think Shoom was the last one to do this to me. Or was it Borderlands?

My train commute is an hour each way and I treasure it for musical discovery. I just have to make sure I get the stopping service in the event of such overruns. ;)

The upcoming Recorder cell thing sounds great btw.

• edited February 2017

I really wanna learn this soooo much!!!
    I think the blocks, colors, flashes, everything just clicks with my mind I just have to be patient and put in the time to learn it.

I do wish though @w3epy that there was a way to reset the settings to default when editing the synth by double tapping. Even better too an undo. Please add it to the list but not high priority. :) :D o:)

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Darn it!!!! Missed my metro stop was so into KRFT that I missed my stop by three stops gonna be really late for dinner now! :s :'(

Talking of reviews.... :)

• Anybody else think KRFTs wonderful live keyboard surface with the chord mode, etc would be the perfect live surface, both graphically and functionally, for another somewhat closed sequencing app that does not currently have live recording? Hmm I wonder if that stuff can be licensed out.

• @db909 said:
    Anybody else think KRFTs wonderful live keyboard surface with the chord mode, etc would be the perfect live surface, both graphically and functionally, for another somewhat closed sequencing app that does not currently have live recording? Hmm I wonder if that stuff can be licensed out.

It's one of my hopes that you can have a keyboard button for live play.

• what is "a keyboard button for live play." ?

• @w3eepy I think it's referring to simply the tab you press to record notes live from the touchscreen. Nothing to worry about

• @w3epy said:
    what is "a keyboard button for live play." ?

At the moment to jam over the track you have to edit one of the music parts to get the keyboard up, be nice to just have a tab/button.

• I look forward to something like that someday too but an expandable type keyboard like the one in Infinite Looper!

• Is there some way to use the fx eg. the delay only on selected parts of something? If not some kind of "send to" would be nice. Maybe with a "tap" button...

Eg. I have a drumloop and I only need some delay on the claps but not the whole loop. Is there a way to "mute" selected parts and put the fx on the non muted ones?

• Would love that option!!!

@WTK said:
    Is there some way to use the fx eg. the delay only on selected parts of something? If not some kind of "send to" would be nice. Maybe with a "tap" button...

Eg. I have a drumloop and I only need some delay on the claps but not the whole loop. Is there a way to "mute" selected parts and put the fx on the non muted ones?

• @WTK said:

You could break the loop into two different loop diamonds using separate instruments (they can be the same instrument but they'll show up separately under the mixer button). If you want to trigger the two loops together either stack the diamonds so you hit both at once or put them in a group. You also gain the advantage of being able to do anything else to the separate sounds (EQ, pan, mute, etc.).

• @bigcatrik said:

@WTK said:

You could break the loop into two different loop diamonds using separate instruments (they can be the same instrument but they'll show up separately under the mixer button). If you want to trigger the two loops together either stack the diamonds so you hit both at once or put them in a group. You also gain the advantage of being able to do anything else to the separate sounds (EQ, pan, mute, etc.).

Nice one. I will check that out. :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@srcer said:
    My basic litmus for an app like this is Link. You've promised Link, so I've pre-bought in support. Fingers crossed

I'm not convinced there are any apps like this. It's some kind of one and one finally makes three thing I think...glad to hear that the 'export x perfect bars' is somewhere on the whiteboard...

Excuse me, didn't mean to impinge on KRFT's uniqueness. Apps that can be used to jam was the general category in mind. Such apps are especially deserving of being able to join the shared tempo party :)

• @db909 said:
    Anybody else think KRFTs wonderful live keyboard surface with the chord mode, etc would be the perfect live surface, both graphically and functionally, for another somewhat closed sequencing app that does not currently have live recording? Hmm I wonder if that stuff can be licensed out.

does the chord mode allow custom chords?

• @srcer said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@srcer said:
    My basic litmus for an app like this is Link. You've promised Link, so I've pre-bought in support. Fingers crossed

I'm not convinced there are any apps like this. It's some kind of one and one finally makes three thing I think...glad to hear that the 'export x perfect bars' is somewhere on the whiteboard...

Excuse me, didn't mean to impinge on KRFT's uniqueness. Apps that can be used to jam was the general category in mind. Such apps are especially deserving of being able to join the shared tempo party :)

definitely, if the devs follow through with these impending features this KrFT and Playground will make a great combo...... after Playground gets sample import that is.

• There's a fill loop I broke out from the other main loop and it still shows up as one track in the mixer page.

@bigcatrik said:

@WTK said:

• @kobamoto no custom chords per se, though there are multiple chord settings like triads, 7ths, 3rd, 5th, sus2,4, etc. All I can say is I've been happy with the voice leading I've gotten from it.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    There's a fill loop I broke out from the other main loop and it still shows up as one track in the mixer page.

Looks like the only way to do it is to make a new loop and use the "+Instrument" button. I don't think a cloned loop can be reassigned to a new instrument. I also don't think there's a way to copy sequencer data.

• @db909 said:
    @kobamoto no custom chords per se, though there are multiple chord settings like triads, 7ths, 3rd, 5th, sus2,4, etc. All I can say is I've been happy with the voice leading I've gotten from it.

I think it's great if the app has a nice selection of provided choices, but personally if it's going to live up to it's namesake and purpose they will need to release the reigns a bit across the board. The difference in this app and their prior apps was control hence the KRFT name. I hope along with the midi out and sample import, that they will allow custom scales, custom chords, etc... so that people can really get into their own crafting. I'm willing to pay.

• edited February 2017

Today I got the hang of grouping by messing with one of the demos. I couldn't figure out how to prevent the drum loops from stopping when activating a group until I realized I could add that loop to the group and not to others as well thus creating interesting breaks! So awesome!!!

This is going to make it soooo much easier to create backing tracks cause you can have different groups playing different chords or arps then trigger them at will. Hopefully in the future we can select when the next group goes active as an option.

• if you can't choose when a group goes active right now, then what is it like?