Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

KRFT 1.1 update, iPad version

Comments

• @Alex fox said:

@Redo1 said:

@Alex fox said:

@Redo1 said:
    Landscape mode is great. Is there any way to get it to rotate into portrait? (On my mini2)

Sorry, not supported at the moment!

hopefully this can be added at some point?

Potentially, what's the use case? Aren't pretty much all music apps landscape on iPad?

I think that the only reason to ask for portrait orientation is because in the week it was available, we made some vertical surfaces and now they look a little weird horizontal! Keep it landscape!

• edited February 2017

@Alex fox said:

@Redo1 said:

@Alex fox said:

@Redo1 said:
    Landscape mode is great. Is there any way to get it to rotate into portrait? (On my mini2)

Potentially, what's the use case? Aren't pretty much all music apps landscape on iPad?

Yeah some layouts work better with the iPad in portrait. I'm able to hold my iPad easier in portrait and play at same time as well.
    Assuming it's an easy enough to add rotation that is.

• More than anything right now I'd love background audio. This app is hard to put down once you got a great beat going

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Alex fox said:

@Redo1 said:

@Alex fox said:

@Redo1 said:

I think that the only reason to ask for portrait orientation is because in the week it was available, we made some vertical surfaces and now they look a little weird horizontal! Keep it landscape!

And you can design them to be used portrait, nothing stopping you turning the iPad...

• @Redo1 said:
    Yeah some layouts work better with the iPad in portrait. I'm able to hold my iPad easier in portrait and play at same time as well.
    Assuming it's an easy enough to add rotation that is.

Yes we had to convert your old layouts, sorry! Apart from technical difficulties one reason is because we want to make the Surfaces cross compatible on iPad and iPhone. The idea is that the iPhone will be able to scroll left/right. For this to work the Surfaces must have the same number of rows. See diagram:

• BTW I put up another tutorial video last week that you guys might find interesting:

Also, our 40% launch discount ends on Monday if any of you are still on the edge ;)

• @Alex fox said:
    BTW I put up another tutorial video last week that you guys might find interesting:

Also, our 40% launch discount ends on Monday if any of you are still on the edge ;)

Really pleased you put this together, thanks very much...

• Should add that once I bothered to actually watch the tute I quickly learned to love the included sounds far more because of the amount of control/fx/eq you can bring to the thing....and simply so. I'm by no means a pop song writer, but I can half-imagine writing one with this baby...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Should add that once I bothered to actually watch the tute I quickly learned to love the included sounds far more because of the amount of control/fx/eq you can bring to the thing....and simply so. I'm by no means a pop song writer, but I can half-imagine writing one with this baby...

awesome, great to hear !

• edited February 2017

Yeah me too! Nice amount of tweaking! Love it!

Alex would there be a way to lower the input latency in the edit of pads or like when adding notes in realtime for the bass track? It's not a lot but still a bit hard to play in time.

• @Alex fox An AU host version of KRFT so you wouldn't be limited by the instruments available in KRFT yet you'd be able to leverage its controls and GUI is my wish.

KRFT could send the following to the AU apps: Notes, CC messages, preset changes. Being able to sequence all of these is desirable.

You'd open up the AU app, set controls up and then close it so it's just played via the KRFT surface controls. XY pads where you select which parameters and/or their inverse for each axis would be essential to maximize the potential. A third axis for pressure sensitivity on devices (recent phones) which support this would round things off.

AU effect apps could also be used to alter the built in sounds of KRFT too.

On the phone, the AU host app version of KRFT could really give people an opportunity to create more involved setups that can be easily played.

I think IAA apps are too inconsistent in how they're implemented to create a reliable user experience when hosted in KRFT versus hosting AU apps.

Being able to set different controls to receive MIDI input to control the KRFT instrument or AU host app would allow for even more options. The AUM MIDI routing matrix could be a starting point. MIDI in/out would be really great especially if you could assign the output from individual controls to different MIDI destinations.

It would be especially nice with Link to get everything in sync.

• edited February 2017

@MusicMan4Christ said:

Alex would there be a way to lower the input latency in the edit of pads? It's not a lot but still a bit hard to play in time.

Good point. Would also really like to be able to select the different voices from a list as well as using arrows. Take a look at how Figure added this. Very rudimentary, but really helps....on a -perhaps- bigger issue I would of course love the 'sampler' to be able to import samples :)

Finally (for now) the ability (see Blocs etc) to choose a fixed number of bars to 'perfectly' export to the clipboard would also be a nice extra little toffee etc.

Remember, it's only the ones that are loved the most that are asked for the most :)

• Good one General! :D

• edited February 2017

@MusicMan4Christ said:

Alex would there be a way to lower the input latency in the edit of pads or like when adding notes in realtime for the bass track? It's not a lot but still a bit hard to play in time.

+1. Glad someone mentioned this, I was quite surprised by the amount of latency with the pads - I couldn't play in time at all and had to re-input the notes by hand. Weird, don't have this problem with other apps, even hefty resource hogs so probably just needs a tweak somewhere.

• @MonzoPro said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

+1. Glad someone mentioned this, I was quite surprised by the amount of latency with the pads - I couldn't play in time at all and had to re-input the notes by hand. Weird, don't have this problem with other apps, even hefty resource hogs so probably just needs a tweak somewhere.

Did you try turning off input quantize? That might well help for the feel of live playing, I think.

• @Vecoto said:

@MonzoPro said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

Did you try turning off input quantize? That might well help for the feel of live playing, I think.

Ah - good point! I'll check that out.

• Another new jam, Chilled Berlin style.

• @KlaatuNinja Such an interesting experience/difference watching something with an app one now understands. No longer is one simply listening/judging/marveling, but instead the sekrit agent looks for clues and notions to usurp, aural espionage :) Please fill in another of my endless holes (nurse): why is this 'Berlin'? I have meetings there in a few months and can't get much past Sally Bowles and Mister Bowie way back then for my musical touch points...

• awesome, @KlaatuNinja

inspiring to load it right back up. had some fun with it last night. on my iphone4s though and it started chugging. To the iPad!

• edited February 2017

Are the m4a files made by KRFT's recorder lossless?

EDIT: Okay, found this in the update section: "Increased the quality of recordings to 256kbps AAC."

So, not lossless, but really good. Can there be a lossless option (WAV or FLAC, etc.)?

Also, ability to import one-shots in the sampler, please.

And probably a ridiculous request, but I'll throw it out there -- a group sequencer.

Great app so far, though. It's like playing music on a spaceship's control panel.

• @bigcatrik said:
    Are the m4a files made by KRFT's recorder lossless?

EDIT: Okay, found this in the update section: "Increased the quality of recordings to 256kbps AAC."

So, not lossless, but really good. Can there be a lossless option (WAV or FLAC, etc.)?

Also, ability to import one-shots in the sampler, please.

And probably a ridiculous request, but I'll throw it out there -- a group sequencer.

Great app so far, though. It's like playing music on a spaceship's control panel.

What is a "a group sequencer" ? By the way feature requests are best added to our forum, so we don't miss any thing! => http://studioamplify.chat/c/krft/krft-feature-requests

• couldn't resist. bought it. five star rating on Japanese App Store to support dev.

• I'll be back to purchase this one after Link support.

• Hours of fun - very addictive app.

• I did hesitate buying this at first but finally gave it a try. Best buy this week. Tons of fun so far and very funky concept. Works great on my oldschool iPad2.

Thx to the guy who did the KRFT House Track. Pretty impressive and one reason why I bought this one. :smile:

• I did another MiniJam! Hope you enjoy it =>

We're currently working on adding Link & sample import, both of which are coming along pretty well so should be here soon! Also, today is the last day to get the 40% launch discount!

Happy KRFTing !

• @Alex fox said:
    I did another MiniJam! Hope you enjoy it =>

We're currently working on adding Link & sample import, both of which are coming along pretty well so should be here soon! Also, today is the last day to get the 40% launch discount!

Happy KRFTing !

Working on Link and sample import? I'll buy now to help fund the effort.

• edited February 2017

I had dismissed this as "not for me" and just another canned dj app. But eventually succumbed. This is really a fun and useful app. Much more potential than I'd originally thought. I wish I could load it as an IAA or in AB, but as it stands it's a ton of fun. Great buy, and glad I bit! :)

Also cool that the interface is totally useable even on a smallish iPhone 5 display.