Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

KRFT 1.1 update, iPad version

Comments

• Landscape mode is great. Is there any way to get it to rotate into portrait? (On my mini2)

• @Redo1 said:
    Landscape mode is great. Is there any way to get it to rotate into portrait? (On my mini2)

Sorry, not supported at the moment!

• Is there a way to enable background Audio? Would love to play over a beat with the Sensual Saxophone App.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Is there a way to enable background Audio? Would love to play over a beat with the Sensual Saxophone App.

The option will be coming in an update :)

• @Alex fox said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Is there a way to enable background Audio? Would love to play over a beat with the Sensual Saxophone App.

I bought this mostly because of your interaction here and appreciate the update for the iPad, makes a big difference. Keep up the good work.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Alex fox said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

I bought this mostly because of your interaction here and appreciate the update for the iPad, makes a big difference. Keep up the good work.

Same here.
    I love this app. Hoping for a more diverse soundset!

• edited February 2017

Awesome!!!
    Reason IAA is important is because it allows many DAWs or host apps to control start/stop of KRFT and AudioBus is awesome for that too as well as State saving. And if you get AudioBus remote to work with this app, oh man, this would definitely put it up there.

You know AudioBus 3 is around the corner would be awesome if you contacted @Sebastian to get your app in there!
    Many professional IOS recording musicians shy away from apps with no AB compatibility but because of your awesome interface and willingness to make this app even more awesome I know many fellow colleagues will support it as I do.

For the price this is a no brainer!
    Insta-buy!!!

I highly recommend everyone to jump in especially if you have hit that no inspiration wall, this app will surely jumpstart it again!

• On iPhone can't find my recordings tab.

Any ideas?

@paradiddle said:
    like this

• Solved. Had to exit surface first :D

This app is a blast!!!

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Solved. Had to exit surface first :D

This app is a blast!!!

haha, awesome! Glad you're enjoying it :)

• @Alex fox said:
    Hey guys - dev here!

RE: Sample Import, We're currently looking at how best to implement it. What methods do you use to do this in other apps? I've seen Audio Copy, General Pasteboard, DropBox, Google Drive.. which method is the most most useful/straight forward in your opinion.

Thanks,
    Alex

Hi Alex you gave me almost the same response back in 2014 regarding sample import, we've been discussing this since jungulator, amplify, noize, and now KRFT.... respectfully I'd like to know what is it about sample import that is so vexing being that it's a very well established feature/concept for this type of instrument and I'm certain I don't really need to tell you that. All of those importing options would be greatly appreciated and of course audioshare import is the leading desired option by far but the rest of them as well, I just don't understand why you keep giving the same response, last time you said you would research what the users wanted etc.... I just don't understand and would like some clarification.

in addition I'd also like to know if midi in and out has been implemented in Kfrt which is something else we've been discussing since September of 2014 that you said was on the roadmap?

• Maybe this time around if there's enough financial support from customers maybe the incentive needed to get all these requests done.

I'm really enjoying this app so much that I'm going to leave a good review on the App Store.

Matter of fact, I can honestly say I nominate this app as a contender for the most beautiful, innovative and inspiring music app of the year! IMHO.

• edited February 2017

Lots of fun, and very easy to use. I'd like more sound options, but there's a fair amount of tweakability to keep me going for a while.

Sample import (that can be used as instruments and sequenced) would be fab, and hope it turns up at some point.

I was able to export a recording to AudioShare, convert it there, and then import it into Reslice for silliness. IAA and AB support would make things easier though.

There's a massive potential for this app to be a proper thing, as the UI is superb. I've got my fingers crossed it gets the features it deserves, rather than just ending up as an IAP soundpack cash-cow. If it does I'll love it, if not I'll still have had a nice enough time for my dosh.

Worth three quid of anyone's money.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Maybe this time around if there's enough financial support from customers maybe the incentive needed to get all these requests done.

I'm really enjoying this app so much that I'm going to leave a good review on the App Store.

Matter of fact, I can honestly say I nominate this app as a contender for the most beautiful, innovative and inspiring music app of the year! IMHO.

Careful man, I mused about a "KRFT Revolution?" a week ago and got slammed. But I'm with you. The potential is really amazing here.

• edited February 2017

if somebody like retronyms said that they needed 3 years to research from the community on how to implement a sample import feature all the while changing from 3 to 4 apps and still not implementing sample import but giving the same canned response to the inquiry they would already be tarred and feathered...... in contrast I'm asking for considerably less than an retronyms crucifixion and only asking for an explanation/clafification.

• @kobamoto said:

Hi Alex you gave me almost the same response back in 2014 regarding sample import, we've been discussing this since jungulator, amplify, noize, and now KRFT.... respectfully I'd like to know what is it about sample import that is so vexing being that it's a very well established feature/concept for this type of instrument and I'm certain I don't really need to tell you that. All of those importing options would be greatly appreciated and of course audioshare import is the leading desired option by far but the rest of them as well, I just don't understand why you keep giving the same response, last time you said you would research what the users wanted etc.... I just don't understand and would like some clarification.

in addition I'd also like to know if midi in and out has been implemented in Kfrt which is something else we've been discussing since September of 2014 that you said was on the roadmap?

Fair question. In 2014 we only had a prototype so I guess we were quite far away from having a product then we've been busy working on some other projects.

Excuses out the way, the main reason we haven't implemented it so far is because it didn't quite fit in with our vision. We wanted to create something that would allow the user to morph and change music on the fly. Using a score, "midi style", wired up to a synth engine gave us the flexibility to have dials and morphs on the Surface that could change the attack, release, pitch, wave pitch, etc (e.g. ). This allowed for some really expressive music making that wouldn't be possible with a solidified audio loop.

That said I can see the benefits of being able to combine what we've made with loops from external sources. Now we have a product out there and some great support from you guys we're eager to take KRFT to the next level with audio import/export. It just has to be done in the right way that is in line with our vision for the product.

RE: Midi In/Out. Again, it's something that we would like to add but it's probably a bit further away than audio import. Would you send the midi to other apps or to a full DAW?

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Maybe this time around if there's enough financial support from customers maybe the incentive needed to get all these requests done.

Thanks for the review, it really helps us!

• @Alex fox said:

@kobamoto said:

Fair question. In 2014 we only had a prototype so I guess we were quite far away from having a product then we've been busy working on some other projects.

Excuses out the way, the main reason we haven't implemented it so far is because it didn't quite fit in with our vision. We wanted to create something that would allow the user to morph and change music on the fly. Using a score, "midi style", wired up to a synth engine gave us the flexibility to have dials and morphs on the Surface that could change the attack, release, pitch, wave pitch, etc (e.g. ). This allowed for some really expressive music making that wouldn't be possible with a solidified audio loop.

That said I can see the benefits of being able to combine what we've made with loops from external sources. Now we have a product out there and some great support from you guys we're eager to take KRFT to the next level with audio import/export. It just has to be done in the right way that is in line with our vision for the product.

RE: Midi In/Out. Again, it's something that we would like to add but it's probably a bit further away than audio import. Would you send the midi to other apps or to a full DAW?

both other apps and daws/instrumentation outside of the iPad so virtual and core midi.

thank you for the clarification I appreciate it and will patiently look forward to how you address these issues in the future.

• edited February 2017

@Alex fox said:

@kobamoto said:

I'd vote for the other apps option as that's my workflow, though both are useful.

To be able to trigger and pitch/sequence sample one-shots would be top of my wish list.

You've done a great job so far anyway though, and I'll be adding a 5 star review.

• edited February 2017

@kobamoto said:
    if somebody like retronyms said that they needed 3 years to research from the community on how to implement a sample import feature all the while changing from 3 to 4 apps and still not implementing sample import but giving the same canned response to the inquiry they would already be tarred and feathered...... in contrast I'm asking for considerably less than an retronyms crucifixion and only asking for an explanation/clafification.

They were feathered because they released an app full of bugs which meant it couldn't be used as advertised, and took months to release a fix. Plus it cost four times more than this one.

I've bought KRFT for what it does now, and it works perfectly. Any improvements will be a bonus. Give it a spin, you'll love it ;)

• edited February 2017

@Alex fox said:

@kobamoto said:

I wasn't going to get this based on Kobamoto's queries... but this straight forward, to the point and honest reply has sold me. Looks like fun. :)

• Thanks for all the feedback guys!

Going forward please add any feature requests to our forum here => http://studioamplify.chat/c/krft/krft-feature-requests

It will help us keep track of what people want and provides a good way for us to discuss.

:)

• Review just left! I just had the chance to play it on the iPad and oh my, am I so happy I bought this app.

The demo surfaces got me going super fast and it's amazing how fast you can get a song going. I can only imagine what is in store for this app.

You know, I can definitely see younger musicians getting into this app as well, which is super awesome as some are completely drawn into social media. Apps like these can totally get younger musicians into this beautiful world we all enjoy, music creation!

I really hope Ableton Link gets on the list too. I think Ableton link is crucial as well as AudioBus.

Thanks Alex for creating this amazing app and for taking the time to stop by here and hear our requests and wishes. I know not everything will fit the vision you guys have for the app, but i can definitely see that the vision is to have something that will move you to create, inspire you to tweak, and to share those creations! I believe this app has done that to me already.

Wow, ok, I'm gettting too carried away now. :blush:

• Wow, beautiful, original, and it produce very nice sounds...I don't know if you think to sync step the knobs also, but I'd love to see that in action :)

• @MusicMan4Christ said:

You know, I can definitely see younger musicians getting into this app as well, which is super awesome as some are completely drawn into social media. Apps like these can totally get younger musicians into this beautiful world we all enjoy, music creation!

>

+1 - I'm going to introduce this one to Monzo Jnr tomorrow.

• Yeah, same here to the younger nephews that are starting out with their music making dreams!

Incredible! I showed it to my friends at work and they were completely blown away! They though this thing is like years ahead of it's time! I can imagine creating deep networks of surfaces, all connected in a modular way where one network say played the entire intro, then the other a chorus, or what ever, man, the sky is the limit on this thing!

I highly recommend it guys and gals!

• Love the app for sure. That said, sample import for drums is the bare minimum for me. I hope too the synth engine gets developed more and new types of synth engines get included over time. It's definitely has a great potentiel as I've been jamming keyboards with it and triggering crazy fills at the time. New landscape mode is great too!

• @Alex fox said:

@Redo1 said:
    Landscape mode is great. Is there any way to get it to rotate into portrait? (On my mini2)

hopefully this can be added at some point?

• @Redo1 said:

@Alex fox said:

@Redo1 said:

hopefully this can be added at some point?

Potentially, what's the use case? Aren't pretty much all music apps landscape on iPad?

• @Alex fox I got a much simpler idea that could improve the app: a regular preset instruments menu to scroll through. Right now if I want to return to a sound I like, I gotta keep pressing those arrows, not knowing which direction is the quickest, until I land on the one. It's the small things really.