Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

KRFT 1.1 update, iPad version

191011121315»

Comments

• @Blipsford_Baubie just tried to recreate that scenario. Were you working with a solo lead instrument? They are monophonic If you try overdubbing with them and especially with a full mix going on, you won't really hear the notes until you stop recording because of the way it handles note priority with the mono synths. I tried it with a cloned Pad (polyphonic) and it worked fine.

• @db909 I was able to recreate it with drums as well.

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:
    @db909 I was able to recreate it with drums as well.

I dunno it's working for me.

If you can make a video of the issue I can look into it.

• Here's a full start to finish jam, you can see my workflow on this. Someone thought I was the developer on YouTube an berated me for not explaining the app properly.....lol....

• @KlaatuNinja said:
    Here's a full start to finish jam, you can see my workflow on this. Someone thought I was the developer on YouTube an berated me for not explaining the app properly.....lol....

:neutral: there's a lot to learn that's for sure. You guys seem good at working it out though!

• @Alex fox said:

@Blipsford_Baubie said:

Thanks guys. False alarm. When overdubbing i assumed it would keep the same original length and that I'd be able to leave record on and it would loop. I forgot that when recording i still need to manually stop the recording.

@Alex fox said:

@Blipsford_Baubie said:

Thanks guys. False alarm. When overdubbing i assumed it would keep the same original length and that I'd be able to leave record on and it would loop. I forgot that when recording i still need to manually stop the recording.

We've all been there. :smiley:

• @KlaatuNinja said:
    Here's a full start to finish jam, you can see my workflow on this. Someone thought I was the developer on YouTube an berated me for not explaining the app properly.....lol....

This is awesome. The product is like a cross between Ravel's "Bolero" and "Hallogallo" by Neu. Which is about as high a conceptual compliment as I can pay.

The ONLY thing missing is a change of key, or even a chord. I so wish there was an easy way in KRFT to transpose a section.

Great job.

• KRFT is grand.

It would be bad ass if we could just set loop length to whatever we want by adjusting start and end braces (ala ableton).

• @raindro said:
    KRFT is grand.

It would be bad ass if we could just set loop length to whatever we want by adjusting start and end braces (ala ableton).

Oh that could be nice to modulate on the surface with dials or morphs too. Having a 'Loop tempo x2 /2' surface trigger would be ace as well.

• @KlaatuNinja said:

This video was helpful because it teased out a question I have: is it possible to change the velocity of notes on the piano roll? I like how the "pads" allow me to finesse the velocity of the notes (as you show in your video) but can I alter them once I move to the piano roll?

• edited March 2017

@lukesleepwalker said:

@KlaatuNinja said:

This video was helpful because it teased out a question I have: is it possible to change the velocity of notes on the piano roll? I like how the "pads" allow me to finesse the velocity of the notes (as you show in your video) but can I alter them once I move to the piano roll?

If you hold down the end of the note you can adjust its length and 'height' (velocity) at the same time.

• @AudioGus said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@KlaatuNinja said:

If you hold down the end of the note you can adjust its length and 'height' (velocity) at the same time.

Glad I asked! I had no idea that function was there and it works quite nicely... Thx

• KRFT 1.2 update is out today btw! Comes with Sample Import, Ableton Link & IAA :)

• It's not up yet, is it?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    It's not up yet, is it?

Yea...... should be. Sometimes it can take a few hours to propagate through the system but I can see the update on both of my iDevices.

• @AudioGus said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@KlaatuNinja said:

Thanks for this.

• I can't wait to update but I have fallen so in love with the two surfaces I am working on that i want others to update and test their old surfaces first. ;)

• @AudioGus said:
    I can't wait to update but I have fallen so in love with the two surfaces I am working on that i want others to update and test their old surfaces first. ;)

Lol fair enough!

• Just updated mine from the App Store and my current and saved Surfacesbare still there. :)

@AudioGus said:
    I can't wait to update but I have fallen so in love with the two surfaces I am working on that i want others to update and test their old surfaces first. ;)

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Just updated mine from the App Store and my current and saved Surfacesbare still there. :)

@AudioGus said:

Whoot!