Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AB3 release today [unofficial bootleg thread]

Comments

• I feel it coming. It's coming!
    ...soon

• Come on Apple! Release it! :D

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Come on Apple! Release it! :D

Apple approved it 2 weeks ago, come on @Sebastian, release it !

• He did say they wanted to improve something in the user interface/experience iirc, but also said they were not going to change the feature set for 3.0 when I asked about the possibility of adding Bluetooth Midi while waiting...

• @gsm909 said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

Launching an app is not just about it being approved by Apple. Launch day is very important to get right, so there are other factors that need to be taken care of as well.

• No worries , it'll be ready when ready. Loyal Audiobuzzers awaiting patiently!

• So next week is the new "very soon"

• Out of curiosity, has an intro price been mentioned?

• @Sebastian said:

@gsm909 said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

Launching an app is not just about it being approved by Apple. Launch day is very important to get right, so there are other factors that need to be taken care of as well.

Absolutely, like getting those simple-as-pie demo tutorial videos out :)

• So, Monday it is !

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    No worries , it'll be ready when ready. Loyal Audiobuzzers awaiting patiently!

I know I am. :)

• Guys, please let me make the announcements.

• edited March 2017

@Sebastian said:
    Guys, please let me make the announcements.

@Sebastian, I commented Monday (above), AFTER you posted on the main sticky thread

@Sebastian said:
    Haha, chill. We're launching on Monday. Also keep in mind that we didn't want to announce anything for exactly that reason. I was just reacting to a post on palmsounds that spilled the unofficial launch date. ;)

Not intending to step on anyone's toes, but , hey , we're excited about this !

• @MusicMan4Christ said:

Can Apple force an app onto the App Store despite the dev’s wishes? Or is that Amazon?

• @Enkerli said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

Can Apple force an app onto the App Store despite the dev’s wishes? Or is that Amazon?

Neither.

• It's coming so very soon but it looks like I won't have much time to check it out before tuesday.

• Finally the wait is over! Got the Midiflow bundle as well :smiley:

• Can I use AB2 and AB3 in the same IPad?

• @ugb1 said:
    Can I use AB2 and AB3 in the same IPad?

Its not recommended to use them at the same time.

• @Munibeast said:
    Finally the wait is over! Got the Midiflow bundle as well :smiley:

Same here. Some of those MIDI filters should be fun to use with a wind controller. Somewhat surprised @JohannesD didn’t include a CC remapper to allow us to route CC#2 to CC#7 (which can be done in MIDIflow with IAP). But it’s a nice bundle to have.

• can any of these midi filters split say my nano studio keys so that keys send midi to one synth and knobs control another?

• Holy midishit Sebastian, this is fun! Just picked up AB3 along with midiflow and got sucked into so much fun that I never made it back to the forum to say thanks. Going to waste a bit more time with it today and not feel guilty in the least about it! I am stoked!

• @Tritonman said:
    Holy midishit Sebastian, this is fun! Just picked up AB3 along with midiflow and got sucked into so much fun that I never made it back to the forum to say thanks. Going to waste a bit more time with it today and not feel guilty in the least about it! I am stoked!

Awesome! :)

• @vpich said:
    can any of these midi filters split say my nano studio keys so that keys send midi to one synth and knobs control another?

That's an interesting one. I mean you could do this with MIDI learn, I guess. But splitting notes from cc values is probably not doable yet with the existing midi filters.

Paging @johannesD for more insight.

• @vpich said:
    can any of these midi filters split say my nano studio keys so that keys send midi to one synth and knobs control another?

You can use Midiflow Splitter to filter out notes completely by unselecting all zones. Only the controller data will go to the synth then.

For the other synth, you can activate all zones, but deactivate the controllers in the settings.

However, this only works for Pitch Bend, Modulation, Expression and Sustain, all others cannot be switched off. I should add another switch for activating/deactivating "other" controllers, like in the original Midiflow.