Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

which audio recorder app?

2»

Comments

• @ToMess said:

@richardyot said:

@ToMess said:
    Edit. Or wait. You meant that you can access the files without having to export them to audioshare?

Yes, shared document space.

Oh, thats really cool. Didnt know it was possible to do that on ios.

Would be cool if audioshare would make it possible for apps from other developers to save their files on that same document space as well. And ofc that those other apps would go with it. Like some sort of standard music space thing, sorta like how ableton created a standard for their link.

Not possible - Apple don't allow it.

• @richardyot said:

@ToMess said:

@richardyot said:

@ToMess said:
    Edit. Or wait. You meant that you can access the files without having to export them to audioshare?

Would be cool if audioshare would make it possible for apps from other developers to save their files on that same document space as well. And ofc that those other apps would go with it. Like some sort of standard music space thing, sorta like how ableton created a standard for their link.

Not possible - Apple don't allow it.

Okay. I thought it was about sandboxing apps so that they cant share their own file locations. But maybe it could be possible for them to use the same location, like aum does with audioshare?

• @ToMess said:

Okay. I thought it was about sandboxing apps so that they cant share their own file locations. But maybe it could be possible for them to use the same location, like aum does with audioshare?

A developer can create a 'shared storage space' for his/her apps only :(

To my somewhat limited knowledge Korg uses this for their preset-sharing between Gadget and compatible apps.
    In practice Gadget has a 'private storage space' so all Korg apps can/could theoretically access it if they were updated to include that functionality.

Korg could just 'update' all their apps and allow them to export directly to their private 'Gadget Container'.

We still don't know what 'news' Gadget 3.0 will bring...

For Audio-Recording on the fly? Audio Share all the way...

• @ToMess said:

@richardyot said:

@ToMess said:

It's only possible between apps by the same developer, sadly.

• Oops. Missed the previous answer.

• Hi Richard. I should suggest you to try out Voice Record Pro By Dayana Networks Ltd. Unfortunately it's Paid, but maybe a few bucks are worth for it. If you want to try it first, you can go with the free version. I think that app meets all of your requirements.

• I thought I'd 'revive' an old thread with content that is somewhat on topic ;)

Many of the apps that can record audio lack an option for 'source selection'(ie. being able to select an input to record from when multiple are available).

When 'higher quality' is needed many resort to using external audio interfaces connected with the CCK/USB->Lightning adaptor.

I'm on a 'hunt' for an audio-recording app that works on the iPhone which has the option to select the recording input.(At some point the plan is to hook it up to a Multi-Channel capable Allen & Heath console for recording).

AUM and ApeMatrix seem to work OK for recording apart from not having options for turning off the 'quantum sync' or 'beat sync' options making precise start & stop of the recording next to impossible...

TwistedWave lacks an 'Input Selector' and only uses inputs 1&2(ie. mono or stereo) but it's not possible to explicitly select 1 or 2 when using mono.

AudioShare and AudioCopy.app suffer from the same limitation as TwistedWave.

GarageBand works but it's a tedious process to export the recordings...

What I've been using the the iPhone to temporarily 'overcome' the problem is to use @Michael 's amazing SampleBot that has proper input selection for recording but in turn has no sample-rate nor bit-depth selections :)

So what is the best combined Audio-Recorder / Editor that has an option to choose the Input when recording? Preferably it should be 'Universal'?

Any tips are more than welcome!

• Good ole Multitrack DAW is a nice recorder on the iPhone (auto popup enlarging of controls)
    Allows selection of input source, can even do some (digital) gain adjustment, which is cool with 24bit mic recordings. If the signal is low in level, it may add up to 12 dB
    (effectively a left-shift of 2 bits, which is often required with dynamic mics anyway)
    Can export via 'Open In', but has no midi or other sync options.