Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bluetooth MIDI connection issues

I'm a big fan of Bluetooth MIDI and it generally works reliably for me. But I've found that my korg Nanokontrol Studio will suddenly develop connection issues about 1.5 to 2 hours into a rehearsal or gig. It becomes unconnected and will reconnect for a few seconds but then crap out again. It doesn't appear to be a battery issue because I used a USB power supply in my last rehearsal and still had the issue. Any ideas about how to troubleshoot?

Comments

• Is there sleep mode activated in any of your app ?
    Apollo is quite nice to have a solid connexion also, maybe worth to try ?

• edited February 2017

It seems that it is a problem of the IOS. I'm not able to use my iRig Blueboard. I use it to trigger drum loops of live, but it is unusable because it disconnects constantly.
    IOS 10.2.1, iPad air2.

Edit: Solved my problem with the iRig Blueboard. The cover of the battery compartment was loose. When I set my foot on the pads, the batteries moved, and that was what was causing the disconnections. I see a rubber piece in the cap.

• @crony said:
    Is there sleep mode activated in any of your app ?
    Apollo is quite nice to have a solid connexion also, maybe worth to try ?

I don't think I have sleep connections in apps. Is there a way to tell?

How would I use Apollo with Nanokontrol? Doesn't it require two iOS devices?

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I don't think I have sleep connections in apps. Is there a way to tell?

Check into menu general>your app , sometimes there's a parameter "sleep after..." or something.
    It's the only place to check, if there's no option directly in the app.

My bad...yes it does...

• @crony said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

My bad...yes it does...

Since recent updates it can send in-device/to local apps.