Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone tried AutoSampler?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/auto-sampler/id571918047 On the bus and looks interesting. Says it can do pitch detection to automagically create multi-samples. Anyone have good things to say about it?

I'm too skeptical to just try it primarily because I don't recall it being mentioned here and because the developer has many many many apps: https://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/mark-carlotto/id293347135

Have to admit though, some of the others look interesting as well.

xMod and Uber synth are three operator FM synths with one particularly compelling feature: all of the presets can be laid out on an XY pad and you can drag your finger around to morph between them. Reminds of good times using Audiomulch back in the day.

AutoChord will reportedly do audio-to-midi chord detection.

Comments

• edited February 2017

I think the biggest missed opportunity with this app is you can't use it to record samples directly into the app via another app. An interesting feature is the ability to keep adding samples to your keyboard so you can have layered sounds.

• I can't speak of AutoSampler, but the developer's Orbulator is a fun little app.

• @JeffChasteen said:
    I can't speak of AutoSampler, but the developer's Orbulator is a fun little app.

He has a lot more planned for that I am talking to him about features.

Very cool concept

• Color me intrigued yo... i mostly sample my voice, so i might grab this next time im feeling spendy