Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• edited February 2017

Whiskey in the morning
    Have their Neve equalizer so this is most likely exceptionally great
    Just one question...Does my music sound better before or after the whiskey? :)

• @Arpseechord said:
    Whiskey in the morning

Take the long view, shove the whiskey in a drawer for six months and then see what you think of it...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Arpseechord said:
    Whiskey in the morning

Take the long view, shove the whiskey in a drawer for six months and then see what you think of it...

Always there to look after our best interests, thanks

• edited February 2017

will be your weapon of choice to bring you up to competitive levels

I have the other apps from this crew and like them well enough, but it's hard to buy this with Pro-L in Auria on my table as well. However, the AU for use elsewhere is always tempting, but while I know what they mean by competitive it isn't marketing speak that appeals to me...

• edited February 2017

I like the DDMF EQ, but I hate the reverb. This looks pretty cool, but I also tend to rely on Pro L for my limiting needs - however I can see that this might be pretty useful in Cubasis and/or GarageBand.

• edited February 2017

It's interesting I just read the Pro-L description in Auria and the DDmf description and both say this will be your weapon of choice? I have the original Auria not upgraded to pro yet but I don't have Cubasis. This is off topic but any suggestions what to do? Have they lightened CPU usage with Auria Pro in updates lately
    Thanks

• edited February 2017

@Arpseechord said:
    It's interesting I just read the Pro-L description in Auria and the DDmf description and both say this will be your weapon of choice? I have the original Auria not upgraded to pro yet but I don't have Cubasis. This is off topic but any suggestions what to do? Have they lightened CPU usage with Auria Pro in updates lately
    Thanks

Auria Pro + a bunch of native plugins such as the Fabfilters is going to run a lot better than any iOS DAW + a bunch of AUs, that's guaranteed. If you set the buffer in Auria Pro to 4096 you can easily run 25 Fabfilter effects*. Can't do that with AU in any host.

However the DDMF Limiter is considerably cheaper than Pro L, and runs in any AU compatible host - take your pick :)

*On an iPad Air 2

• @richardyot said:

@Arpseechord said:
    Thanks

Auria Pro + a bunch of native plugins such as the Fabfilters is going to run a lot better than any iOS DAW + a bunch of AUs, that's guaranteed. If you set the buffer in Auria Pro to 4096 you can easily run 25 Fabfilter effects*. Can't do that with AU in any host.

However the DDMF Limiter is considerably cheaper than Pro L, and runs in any AU compatible host - take your pick :)

*On an iPad Air 2

Thanks for the info. My main ios daws are Auria and Multitrack daw. Of course the dilemma is I can't use my AU apps in Auria until I upgrade to pro. And if I do that then it's a no brainer to get some Fabfilter plugins but then if I have the ddmf limiter it can be used in Auria pro also..........And then there's Cubasis ....I've lost count of the choices :)
    I guess I'll decide someday soon
    Cheers!!

• @Arpseechord said:
    Thanks for the info. My main ios daws are Auria and Multitrack daw. Of course the dilemma is I can't use my AU apps in Auria until I upgrade to pro.

Auria (standard) allows you to use AU apps:

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13215#p50884

Rim's response immediately follows my question, and I can confirm I've been able to load and use Audio Units in Auria Not Pro :smile:

I also have every Fab Filter plugin except Volcano, and I do like using Pro-L/Pro-Q/Pro-DS for mastering, so I'm still in the same boat as other Auria users as regards to this new limiter from DDMF ... but I'd love to have a solid limiter for AUM, and possibly Cubasis or Audio Evolution.

• edited February 2017

@eustressor said:

@Arpseechord said:
    Thanks for the info. My main ios daws are Auria and Multitrack daw. Of course the dilemma is I can't use my AU apps in Auria until I upgrade to pro.

Auria (standard) allows you to use AU apps:

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13215#p50884

Rim's response immediately follows my question, and I can confirm I've been able to load and use Audio Units in Auria Not Pro :smile:

I also have every Fab Filter plugin except Volcano, and I do like using Pro-L/Pro-Q/Pro-DS for mastering, so I'm still in the same boat as other Auria users as regards to this new limiter from DDMF ... but I'd love to have a solid limiter for AUM, and possibly Cubasis or Audio Evolution.

Ah! Very good to know this I thought only Auria Pro could. Excellent thanks. Think I'll keep Auria as Standard for now since I'm on an iPad mini 2. I do have AUM but am far from a master of it. Will wait for some sound demos and reviews on ddmf limiter but will probably acquire it some day.......the collection process continues even though I promised myself to simplify what I have.. :)
    Thanks again cheers!
    Yup I looked just now on the link you provided and the answer from Rim, very good. I guess you can tell I haven't touched Auria too much. Starting to get more into it now

• edited February 2017

@richardyot said:
    I hate the reverb.

May i ask you why?

• Not sure why, but I am really tempted.

Could you use this (and the equalizer) to master a completed track in Gadget? If so, how?

• Here comes my grumpy pre-morning-coffee opinion. If you already have the FabFilter plugins in Auria/Auria Pro (ESPECIALLY Pro-L), you're not gonna need this. When it comes to reaching "commercial levels", where a lot of modern mastered EDM tracks clock in at around -3dB RMS (i.e. squashed as shit), Pro-L can get it done with barely any audible distortion aside from the dynamics being cleanly choked out of your final product. I tested this on a bunch of "trouble tracks" (the unmastered tracks I made in the past that were poorly mixed where I could never get the final limited volume high enough without a crapton of distortion) and had very precious little distortion. (On the record, my target RMS level falls around -8dB for EDM, far lower and more dynamic for Ambient.)

So, when I take a look at this limiter, immediately I am unimpressed and feel that it's all rather gimmicky. It looks like the kind of inexpensive/free limiters I can find in Windows VST format off of KVR, where they do their duties okay, but you get what you pay for. Pro-L is the professional person's solution, and so I'll be sticking with that one.

• @RulesOfBlazon said:
    Not sure why, but I am really tempted.

Could you use this (and the equalizer) to master a completed track in Gadget? If so, how?

Export your stereo mix to Audioshare, then load it into AUM?

• edited February 2017

Dare I ask what anyone thinks of Amazing Noises Limiter
    I got it awhile back but haven't put it through it's paces

• @RulesOfBlazon said:

Well, eustressor is correct, but AUM isn't the only environment you could master a track. You could also try Auria/Auria Pro/Cubasis/any-DAW-environment-I-can't-think-of-offhand-with-AU-effects-support-aside-from-Garageband-which-sucks. ;)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@RulesOfBlazon said:

Well, eustressor is correct, but AUM isn't the only environment you could master a track. You could also try Auria/Auria Pro/Cubasis/any-DAW-environment-I-can't-think-of-offhand-with-AU-effects-support-aside-from-Garageband-which-sucks. ;)

Thx, and thx to @eustressor for the replies. I have Cubasis (which I use occasionally) and Auria (which I've given up on). I should have specified that I'm looking to avoid messing with those DAWs - I want what would be (for me, anyway) the simplest and most straightforward way to apply EQ and a limiter to my stereo mix from Gadget, and I think AUM is likely the way to go.

• @Crabman said:

@richardyot said:
    I hate the reverb.

May i ask you why?

Sure - too bright and digital for my tastes. I did a comparison against Virsyn's AudioReverb and Auria's ClassicVerb Pro a while back:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/283648/#Comment_283648

• I had also benched the DDMF reverb after I got Virsyn AudioReverb... but when new GarageBand came out I was having a problem with freezes, in trying to diagnose the issue I replaced Audio Verb with Envelope just as a technical excercise - surprisingly the vocal track immediately sounded better to me.

So keeping them both

• @RulesOfBlazon said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@RulesOfBlazon said:

Thx, and thx to @eustressor for the replies. I have Cubasis (which I use occasionally) and Auria (which I've given up on). I should have specified that I'm looking to avoid messing with those DAWs - I want what would be (for me, anyway) the simplest and most straightforward way to apply EQ and a limiter to my stereo mix from Gadget, and I think AUM is likely the way to go.

Then that's Gadget routed to AUM via AudioBus. ;)

• When used no limits AU in Auria pro after exit and return to program I have CPU overloud.

• Does it come with presets?

• Why does this have the same icon as the reverb app?

• edited February 2017

My take is if you're gonna buy/need/use a limiter to make iOS music in the first place, then spring for the fabfilter. It's incomparable on the system.

• I hope this developer is aware of the gaping hole in the iOS AU market in the shape of a sidechain compressor and will grace us with his NYCompressor next or soon...
    J Lilla has left us hanging, he's having too much fun developing hardware, we might not see AUFX:Push that soon or ever :/

• @firejan82 said:
    I hope this developer is aware of the gaping hole in the iOS AU market in the shape of a sidechain compressor and will grace us with his NYCompressor next or soon...
    J Lilla has left us hanging, he's having too much fun developing hardware, we might not see AUFX:Push that soon or ever :/

^ T H I S