Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Addictive Pro update now AU!

Comments

• Cool. Obvious question: does the arp work as an AU ?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Cool. Obvious question: does the arp work as an AU ?

Indeed it does :)

• @realdavidai said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Cool. Obvious question: does the arp work as an AU ?

Indeed it does :)

Too late to investigate! Boys on the west coast? Get to work. I'll expect your report on my desk in the morning.

• Didn't have this synth before...it sounds great!!

• @realdavidai said:
    Didn't have this synth before...it sounds great!!

Yeah, it got lost in the shuffle a little, but that arp is a piece of work....

• Shit. I wanted to save that $20 for a rainy day. Merciful heavens, lol.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Shit. I wanted to save that $20 for a rainy day. Merciful heavens, lol.

It was $12.99 when I just downloaded it... :)

• Nice. I used to love that. Great reverb

• @realdavidai said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

I hope you didn't get Addictive instead of Addictive Pro ... Still time for a refund if you did!

• @TheVimFuego said:

@realdavidai said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

I hope you didn't get Addictive instead of Addictive Pro ... Still time for a refund if you did!

Scared me you did :) but I did reconfirm that I got Addictive Pro.

• @realdavidai said:

@TheVimFuego said:

@realdavidai said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Scared me you did :) but I did reconfirm that I got Addictive Pro.

Apologies, I failed to notice that both there is a 35% off sale at the moment and the AU$ vs US$ differences.

Might have to pick it up for AU$20, yet another failure of the app buying embargo. :)

• I don't see any preset when using this app in AUM (as an AU insert)...have I done something wrong?

• @cuscolima said:
    I don't see any preset when using this app in AUM (as an AU insert)...have I done something wrong?

I see the presets in AUM , third icon on top left that looks like 4 lines.

• edited February 2017

Nice one! :) Great to see this great synth support AUv3 now. However, I cannot access the presets on the AU plugin in Cubasis 2 because it is greyed out and the AU plugin crashes every time I reload Cubasis 2. :(

• @Artmuzz said:
    Nice one! :) Great to see this great synth support AUv3 now. However, I cannot access the presets on the AU plugin in Cubasis 2 because it is greyed out and the AU plugin crashes every time I reload Cubasis 2. :(

Yes a bit crashy in Cubasis and GarageBand, hopefully @Virsyn will get to the bottom of it ASAP.

• edited February 2017

I fixed the preset problem by deleting Addictive Synth Pro and reinstalling it. Now the presets are working :) but the plugin still crashes when reloading it. :(

• @Artmuzz Have you already tried to power cycle your device ?

• Not listed in the update - they've added the improved arp section Reslice-style. I struggled with the section start and end points before, the update has made this a piece of cake, and just got a cracking sequence going.

Thanks for this @VirSyn - great update.

• edited February 2017

@VirSyn said:
    @Artmuzz Have you already tried to power cycle your device ?

Yeah, I restarted my iPad but the problem still remains. GarageBand and Cubasis are the only DAWs that the plugin crashes when reloading.

I actually think the problem is with my iPad Pro. Addictive Synth Pro AU works great on my iPad mini 4 with no issues at all. Of course my iPad mini is updated to 10.2.1 while my iPad Pro is still on 10.2.

• Arp looks great. Anyone has the specific midi implementation for it ?
    Can you control everything with a midi controller ?
    Seems not midi learn, but in case, is it ?

• @crony said:
    Arp looks great. Anyone has the specific midi implementation for it ?
    Can you control everything with a midi controller ?
    Seems not midi learn, but in case, is it ?

Doing my favourite trick of loading AU's in AUM and then pick "Midi Ctrl" -> "Channel 1" (or whatever channel you want to control), it normally lists whatever it can reach for midi bind. On Addictive Pro it says "Coming soon...".

• Be nice to be able to have access to all the presets, plus user banks in the AU version at some time if possible.

• edited February 2017

@Artmuzz said:

@VirSyn said:
    @Artmuzz Have you already tried to power cycle your device ?

Yeah, I restarted my iPad but the problem still remains. GarageBand and Cubasis are the only DAWs that the plugin crashes when reloading.

I actually think the problem is with my iPad Pro. Addictive Synth Pro AU works great on my iPad mini 4 with no issues at all. Of course my iPad mini is updated to 10.2.1 while my iPad Pro is still on 10.2.

I'm also on iPad Pro, I notice on reloading Cubasis/Addictive Pro, the CPU meter will spike to 100% for a good half second

• AU parameters are not implemented yet, but you can either:

• use the a set of MIDI controller in the modulation sources of the control page.
    • Use MIDI learn in the standalone app for the learning phase and then use it in the AU.
  • edited February 2017

Hmm, nice. But are midi controls available for the arpegio ? Which of them ?
    Can the arpeggio may control an external synth (so midi out ? maybe it's planned ?)

• Update is wonderful.

Update deleted my sounds and needed reloading to show the apps presets, but that is common with iOS - good job I backed up all my sounds ;)

@VirSyn a very commendable job. I am well pleased one of my favourite synths is now AU :)

On a side not, do you know if MicroTerra and Cube will ever get updates or the Pro treatment? Would hate to lose them if the IOS 11 32 bit ditch is true!

• @Fruitbat1919 hmm, the user presets should have been copied to the new shared locations during the first run of the updated app.

All our apps will get 64-bit treatment at least. Rest assured that they live on.

@crony some controls of the arp should be controllable too. You can easily see which ones if you turn "MIDI learn" on in the stand alone app.

• @VirSyn said:
    @Fruitbat1919 hmm, the user presets should have been copied to the new shared locations during the first run of the updated app.

All our apps will get 64-bit treatment at least. Rest assured that they live on.

@crony some controls of the arp should be controllable too. You can easily see which ones if you turn "MIDI learn" on in the stand alone app.

That's wonderful news that all Virsyn apps will get 64bit updates. Thank you for your reply and I hope Virsyn continues to be one of the best iOS synth makers out there :)

• Brilliant, thanks Virsn. :)
    Your presets are still there just hidden. Managed to back them up with ifunbox before reinstalling.