Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Get Reel

edited August 2013 in Creations

Another change of style an another old midi file brought up to date, with the help of Cubasis and bs16i on my iPad!

Comments

• Brilliant..just brilliant..that really made me smile lots...send me an mp4 or something to [email protected] so I can have a mess with it please...so digging that...you know whats really cool is that its so nice to hear different styles...

• That sounds awesome! The strings all done with BS-16I

• Very nice ditty!

• @thesoundtestroom: thanks...an m4a is on its way! :)
    @funjunkie27: Thanks too! :)

• Thanks for the track..I did a bit of remastering in AudioMastering then dropped it back into Cubasis and added a few bits and pieces..is it OK If I repost here...

• Sure, Doug. I would love to hear what you have done :)

• @AlterEgo_UK - were those strings from BS-16i they sounded really expressive

• @JMSexton: Thanks, yes, it was actually the standard fiddle patch :)

• OK so here it is...I really like this tune..hope your OK with it Colin.....

• @thesoundtestroom - good remix nice drums, gotta sway towards the original though, still great job!

• Great job, Doug! Could be the next club craze! :)

• @thesoundtestroom: Oh, and Colon was my nickname at school, I don't use it nowadays! ;)
    (see your track note) :)

• Ooops sorry man error now corrected..I am a muppet...thanks for letting me have a mess...I had fun doing that..I would like to say that I don't think there is anything wrong with the original version...I just liked it and thought it would br nice to put more drums in..

• @thesoundtestroom - Oh I hope you didn't think I meant you were "fixing" it...I didnt word my statement very well sorry there both very good, I do lke how you added the drums but also like the clean original versions. I think the sequence itself is really unique and makes for a great piece

• @JMSexton No offence taken and none intended..I never ask for a track to play with..this is a first..its a testement to the track..so great to here what is normally a genre you never ever hear on iOS or any other digital domain..and such a wonderful simulation of acoustic instruments...some full on classical pieces would be nice too..

• ...do you mean like this, Doug? :)

• Yes...very nice...I was getting some clipping..is that me or the mix?

• Do all these sounds come with the standard download of bis?

• Yes, there may be some clipping there, Doug. I did lower the velocity of some of the tracks because they were right up but could have missed some. I knocked that together very quickly :)
    I think all of the sounds were from the standard download of bis.

• And what would be the best way to get soundfonts in there...

• Once you find a soundfont you're interested in and downloaded it, you should be able to Open In bs-16i, unless it's compressed. If so, I open into GoodReader, uncompress, and then I can open in bs-16i. It will go into your Inbox, in bs-16i. To map it to a library, open the settings panel, choose Soundfonts, and that should take you to a listing of the four libraries. Choose whichever library you want to contain the soundfont, and then you should see a listing of all the Soundfonts in your inbox. Once that is done, you'll need to associate a keyboard to that library. Hope that helps.

• Thanks..that seems straight forward enough..I'm really tempted to get bs16....

• It's worth it for the soundfont capability alone.

• 16 voice multitimbral, velocity sensitive...

• Yes what they said, it really is great has a very nice velocity sensitive keyboard and when used with a good soundfont you can get some decent expression from it. 16 voices with a mixer and the biggest thing is finding a good soundfont. There are tons out there for free, but almost all free ones have a few duds in them as well as some gems!

• If you have favourite sample sets on the PC they can easily be converted to soundfonts using Extreme Sample Converter, then you can combine them into banks using Soundfont Librarian and transferred to bs-16i using iFunBox. That's how I made the Chamberlin soundfont set in the Soundfonts thread.

• I personally like Viena by SynthFont, makes it super easy to drag/drop samples and other soundfont to create a new one and edit all the different settings and mappings

• I have Viena, can't make head or tail of it...
    No clue where to start.

• Really? I found it quite simple with no prior knowledge of SoundFonts. Not trying to make you feel dumb, I think its interesting how different interfaces can be seen as simple or difficult for different people

• I didn't spend much time on it, just got the impression there were quite a few features I need to ignore in order to home in on what I need. I have quite a lot of samples that I'd like to make into soundfonts. Perhaps I should hunt down some documentation.