Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fleksi goes political - System Down (video)

I've gone a bit wild with the political protest clips but then had a moment of doubt whether it is healthy to appeal to the violent instincts of a human being. I'm hearing a lot of discussions about peaceful vs violent protest and definitely leaning towards peaceful. Especially because it doesn't give a reason or hand moral ammunition to the opposite side.
Having said that, I love crazy, dynamic, weird and often violent movies and totally acknowledge the visual power of a bloody fight versus never ending sunflower fields. Well, there you go.

Comments

• edited February 2017

In my experience of protesting, the potential outcome of a demo is really down to how it's policed. Kettling, water cannons, baton charges, 'plants', etc. can be employed to deliberately stir up an otherwise peaceful protest.

• @MonzoPro said:
    In my experience of protesting, the potential outcome of a demo is really down to how it's policed. Kettling, water cannons, baton charges, 'plants', etc. can be employed to deliberately stir up an otherwise peaceful protest.

Very much like reacting to being trolled.

• @supadom said:

@MonzoPro said:

Very much like reacting to being trolled.

Lot of truth for us all right there...

• Great track that, reminds me of Talking Head's 'Remain in Light' era. Particularly good rhythm guitar playing.
    Powerful video, that kind of imagery will always stir up a lot of emotions - (the) system (is breaking) down ?

• No wonder, the dark side is on the rise. This is possibly the only good thing about shitty political situation, that it stirs up the artistic pot.

• @supadom said:

No wonder, the dark side is on the rise. This is possibly the only good thing about shitty political situation, that it stirs up the artistic pot.

Yeah I feel kinda guilty or bad that my artistic output goes up when things are going bad. That can be in love or life or, as of late, politics. And, I didn't exactly enjoy listening to her voice over and over again as I made that track.

• @Igneous1 said:
    Great track that, reminds me of Talking Head's 'Remain in Light' era. Particularly good rhythm guitar playing.
    Powerful video, that kind of imagery will always stir up a lot of emotions - (the) system (is breaking) down ?

Mmmmm, Talking Heads again! I kinda like their stuff but hoping for more contemporary comparisons! ;) At least to my contemporaries :smiley:

One would hope that the old system is breaking down but those guys have so much power it is hard to imagine how they're going to give it back. And back to whom?

Some say that if everyone took their savings out of the bank the system would collapse. The problem is that only those without savings are willing to take such action.

• @supadom said:

@Igneous1 said:
    Great track that, reminds me of Talking Head's 'Remain in Light' era. Particularly good rhythm guitar playing.

Mmmmm, Talking Heads again! I kinda like their stuff but hoping for more contemporary comparisons! ;) At least to my contemporaries :smiley:

One would hope that the old system is breaking down but those guys have so much power it is hard to imagine how they're going to give it back. And back to whom?

Some say that if everyone took their savings out of the bank the system would collapse. The problem is that only those without savings are willing to take such action.

I was primarily referring to the guitar playing being in that David Byrne / Adrian Belew stylee (to these ears) I get your point mind, pretty much every track I have submitted to the SOTMC has been described as '80s' sounding and I don't even bloody like 80s stuff :)

• I'd say the recent political tensions are bringing out the best in your work. Loved the track and the video. Keep em coming!

• edited February 2017

Yes Talking Heads come into mind. Like the music though, except the cliche sound/voice at the end. That said think the video is just boring. Try something different than these worn out activists esthetics. It really degrades the song.

• @mannix said:
    Yes Talking Heads come into mind. Like the music though, except the cliche sound/voice at the end. That said think the video is just boring. Try something different than these worn out activists esthetics. It really degrades the song.

I sent him a single seven minute shot of solarized sheep grazing in the pasture, but he turned me down...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I sent him a single seven minute shot of solarized sheep grazing in the pasture, but he turned me down...

Wool. Eyes. Fill in the blanks.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Exactly. And lamb chops.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Exactly. And lamb chops.

Now you're talking, don't tell Mrs Monzo though she thinks we're still vegetarian in this house.

I thought the video was very good, personality.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Exactly. And lamb chops.

I rather like to see chickens. Drumsticks, anyone :smile:

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Exactly. And lamb chops.

Now you're talking, don't tell Mrs Monzo though she thinks we're still vegetarian in this house.

I thought the video was very good, personality.

Lived with a vegetarian (lovely woman) for a few years (in East Dulwich of all places). Whenever the adjuki beans got too much and I found myself out somewhere gnawing on a bone I felt more guilty than snogging some drunk girl down the pub on the corner (not that I ever did that etc etc).

• @supadom said:

No wonder, the dark side is on the rise. This is possibly the only good thing about shitty political situation, that it stirs up the artistic pot.

word up

I comprehend what you are saying and verify that your statement is true, my good brother.

"Donkey Kong is the best video game ever made."
    "Word up!"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=word up

• @mannix said:

The problem with discussing politics is that a vast majority of us haven't got a clue what's going on. When that happens my brain resets to 'be kind' mode and I make extra effort to smile at people I meet in the street. In the video I see faces of the protesters as well as faces of the police and all I see is human beings who are terrified and deal with the situation as best as they can. Between the 'black man in chains' and the 'tank man' clip I get disastrously emotional despite being pretty level headed bloke otherwise.

As far as the final spoken word bit it is just 'one of those things'. It sits well with the situation. So yes, it is as obvious as eggs and bacon combo. I can't argue when I see them on the plate though.

• @skiphunt said:

@supadom said:

word up

I comprehend what you are saying and verify that your statement is true, my good brother.

"Donkey Kong is the best video game ever made."
    "Word up!"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=word up

Word up brother!

• @supadom said:

@mannix said:

The problem with discussing politics is that a vast majority of us haven't got a clue what's going on.

Agree. The problem is that society is polarizing so fast because both sides think they are right. Discussion closed

When that happens my brain resets to 'be kind' mode and I make extra effort to smile at people I meet in the street. In the video I see faces of the protesters as well as faces of the police and all I see is human beings who are terrified and deal with the situation as best as they can.

Well described, somehow these words touch me so much more than the video

Between the 'black man in chains' and the 'tank man' clip I get disastrously emotional despite being pretty level headed bloke otherwise.

As far as the final spoken word bit it is just 'one of those things'. It sits well with the situation. So yes, it is as obvious as eggs and bacon combo. I can't argue when I see them on the plate though.

Thanks for explaining. But I understood the clip and it's symbols right away (even didn't miss Soros). Maybe I was somewhat harsh. But what I meant is that I see these kind of video esthetics (collage of clips/ Heartfield) so much that I'm used to it. Which means in the end that it distracts from your song and it renders unfortunate into a cliche itself. My opinion is that a video should enhance the music, if it doesn't it can drag your music down. In this case i would rather like to see you just performing.

• I still think the sheep would have done it.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1547882/flock-of-sheep-get-high-eating-6500-worth-of-marijuana-dumped-in-their-field/

What better line is there (politically) than I'll tell you about the meat next week....?

• Lulz at those stoner sheep!

• Better solarised

• Ignored this thread a few days, not wanting to get into politics.

• Pleasantly surprised by ssssheep.

• Loved the performance as usual, Supa'

• Those solarised sheep little fluffy clouds are so 90s

• @Hmtx said:

• Ignored this thread a few days, not wanting to get into politics.

• Pleasantly surprised by ssssheep.

We kept it nice and civilised for you sir.