Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My new video, "Natural"!!

This is the video of my original song "Natural", a samba-jazz-rock blend where I play electric and classical guitar, bass, Brazilian cavaco and keyboards. Enjoy, and have a great week!

Comments

• P.S.: I might have to file a bug report to LumaFusion's developers, though: I had a really hard time dealing with random audio glitches which translated to the rendered video (instead of being playback glitches, while playing back the project, which would be related to a system overload).

I ended up, after wasting hours trying to fix the issue by myself, opening another project, importing the video with broken audio, detaching the audio, importing a wav file of the song to the project and sharing it again, and then it was all fine.

Also, with previous videos I edited with LumaFusion, I noticed some annoying audio distortion, akin to audio cliping, introducing after the video was rendered - this time, there were no issues while playing back the projects: they only appear after the videos were rendered, which amounts to a worst case scenario for me,

• I have made several music videos with Lumafusion but hear no audio distortion. But I always polish all my audio files with limiter before inserting it into LumaFusion.

Gadget

SessionBand Rock

• @kranick, I always do master my music before adding it to LumaFusion, and always take care to use 24-bit wav files instead of mp3, yet the degradation happens more often than not. I also usually post my songs to Soundcloud, so you can compare them and see what I mean.

This one, "Natural", has no degradation and the audio is clean, but only because I did what I described, which is an ugly workaround and takes space on my iPad (and LumaFusion cannot export project bundles yet, so I cannot delete anything). Hope they release a fix soon.

• edited February 2017

SoundCloud always publishes audio in very compressed form and 128 kbps. So it always distorted on their website:)

Lumafusion has great interaction with Audioshare so it very helpful for processing and inserting audio.

P.S. Great video (and audio)! Well done! :)

• Yes, and in my experience, LumaFusion is distorting the audio even more than soundcloud does, unless I do workarounds - which it's not ideal. It does mainly upon rendering the project to a compressed video format for, say, uploading to Youtube - so something must be going on with the compression algorythms. But sometimes it also happens earlier, during project playback. Seems also that if the project is "heavy", has multiple layered clips, the possibility of audio distortion is bigger.

Thank you for your impressions, @Kranick!

• edited February 2017

@theconnactic We'd like to learn more about this problem. We don't do any further compression beyond what Apples AVFoundation handles. A good test would be to upload to Box or Dropbox (anywhere that is just storage, so we are not also analyzing the compression of Soundcloud or YouTube), and see if there is distortion on the export and compare it to the original file. We don't add any limitation so lowering the level of your audio mix or using a limiter before hand may reduce the possibility of distortion from high levels.
    If you do find distortion, we would like to have both files so we can see what's going on. We are working on project export as we speak so shortly you will be able to export the project to us directly. PS - We don't monitor the Audiobus forum daily, but we do answer posts on our own forum daily at http://www.forums.luma-touch.com/index.php