Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Why do I prefer Caustic to Gadget (?)

123457»

Comments

• @Korakios said:
    Caustic is great ,but the iOS version lacks 'modern' features. I'd suggest people who haven't bought it ,to wait for an update (if ever comes)

It doesn’t really lack anything if you need a single tool capable of producing finished tracks. But for some reason that’s never enough for a lot of people

• @db909 said:

@Korakios said:
    Caustic is great ,but the iOS version lacks 'modern' features. I'd suggest people who haven't bought it ,to wait for an update (if ever comes)

It doesn’t really lack anything if you need a single tool capable of producing finished tracks. But for some reason that’s never enough for a lot of people

As standalone it's great :) (bit weird display ratio ,but no problem)

• IMO, all it lacks is pitch bend....

• Caustic and Nanostudio are still the best apps on ios despite the lack of "modern " features... IMHO.

sadly both won't be updated.

• @Purpan said:
    IMO, all it lacks is pitch bend....

There’s always cents automation as a work around

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Purpan said:

I'll try that ) thanks for the tip :)

• @Purpan said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Purpan said:

and you can route the 303 style ‘note glide’ from the modular to any other of the synths that don’t have it built into the piano roll.. including the sampler.. just use a MACHINE INPUT module in the modular, switch on SEND NOTES TO SOURCE, and select the synth you want all bendy as the source..

• @RajahP said:
    But where is the Ableton Link?

Link would take this app from standalone not really bothered to load up to it being an integral part of my hardware jam setup

• @RockySmalls said:

@Purpan said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Purpan said:

and you can route the 303 style ‘note glide’ from the modular to any other of the synths that don’t have it built into the piano roll.. including the sampler.. just use a MACHINE INPUT module in the modular, switch on SEND NOTES TO SOURCE, and select the synth you want all bendy as the source..

Neat trick

• @Littlewoodg said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Purpan said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Purpan said:

Neat trick

yeah, forgot to mention you have to drop polyphony down to 1.. so it doesn’t work on the organ or the pad synth.. everything else you can 303 glide to yr hearts content.. quite funny when applied to the vocoder..

• caustic is a beast!

• @Suboidua said:
    caustic is a beast!

Thanks for the hook up, I just jumped down the TCF rabbit hole and started downloading templates...