Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lurssen Mastering Console FIXED

Comments

• @supanorton said:

@CrazySynthMan said:
    I bought this app back in October and I've only used it on one song of mine so far, but which settings does the OP mean disappears when opening it again? All of them?

I opened up the app for the first time in months today, and the previous song that I had used it on loaded up.

The bug appeared on iOS 10.0.2, and according to IK support, affects only iPads, not iPhones. The previous project loads, but the previous settings do not. If you're running it on an iPad updated to iOS 10.0.2 or later, open the project again and check the settings on the EQ and processor controls. They should all be in a default position.

Next, load a preset. Look at where the controls are, close app all the way, open app, and you'll see the EQ settings at zero and the processors at their default settings. The app (all iOS apps for that matter) are supposed to open in the state they were in upon closing the last session.

Ok, I see what you mean now.

I am on an iPad, and I'm also on the latest iOS version.

When I open up the app, my previous song is in the app, but all of the EQ controls are at zero, that is obviously a bug, and they obviously need to fix that.

However, does that render it unusable though? Because as soon as I choose my last user saved preset for the song that I have loaded into the app, then the EQ controls and other settings move to where they are supposed to be, and I can continue to work on the track.

• @ikmultimedia : Thanks for checking in and resolving to fix the issue. Your customer support has always been good with me.

• edited February 2017

@CrazySynthMan said:

@supanorton said:

@CrazySynthMan said:
    I bought this app back in October and I've only used it on one song of mine so far, but which settings does the OP mean disappears when opening it again? All of them?

I opened up the app for the first time in months today, and the previous song that I had used it on loaded up.

The bug appeared on iOS 10.0.2, and according to IK support, affects only iPads, not iPhones. The previous project loads, but the previous settings do not. If you're running it on an iPad updated to iOS 10.0.2 or later, open the project again and check the settings on the EQ and processor controls. They should all be in a default position.

Next, load a preset. Look at where the controls are, close app all the way, open app, and you'll see the EQ settings at zero and the processors at their default settings. The app (all iOS apps for that matter) are supposed to open in the state they were in upon closing the last session.

When I open up the app, my previous song is in the app, but all of the EQ controls are at zero, that is obviously a bug, and they obviously need to fix that.

However, does that render it unusable though? Because as soon as I choose my last user saved preset for the song that I have loaded into the app, then the EQ controls and other settings move to where they are supposed to be, and I can continue to work on the track.

Four months of that has made it unusable. For one track, it is a workaround, but for a collection of tracks, it isn't. I often need to go back and forth among several tracks in order to unify the collection. Saving presets for every tweak just isn't possible. It's unmanageable for me. Even while working on single tracks, I simply forget to save the preset and lose all the tweaks because every other app I use has state saving. Thank you for your help.

• @supanorton said:

@CrazySynthMan said:

@supanorton said:

@CrazySynthMan said:

Four months of that has made it unusable. For one track, it is a workaround, but for a collection of tracks, it isn't. I often need to go back and forth among several tracks in order to unify the collection. Saving presets for every tweak just isn't possible. It's unmanageable for me. Even while working on single tracks, I simply forget to save the preset and lose all the tweaks because every other app I use has state saving. Thank you for your help.

I went through about 85 tweaks on my song, and every single one was manually saved, as I guess that it's just a part of my workflow, using computers since the late 70's.

I can certainly see how the bug can be an issue and a major inconvenience and I do hope that they fix it soon.

I also agree that it's a pretty pricey app, at least as far as iOS apps are concerned, and there is no excuse for there to be taking such a long time without any fix.

It's a premium priced app, and I do like how it functions and sounds, but there should also be premium priority when it comes to bug fixes, especially a bug where the previous state is not restored.

• I'm so glad I went with aurio pro and the fabfilter plugins ;) thank you @WaveMachineLabs !!!

• @johnn said:
    I'm so glad I went with aurio pro and the fabfilter plugins ;) thank you @WaveMachineLabs !!!

100% agreed. I mean, in my opinion, Sampletank is unmatched in terms of sound quality of the instruments. (The IAPs do tend to sound better than the stock sounds, but even the stock sounds are decent.) Other than Sampletank, I've found better apps/plugins that do what IK's stuff can do.

Multitrack Studio is great for vocal tuning and a few other things. I really should play with ReTune but never got around to it just yet.

Pro-Q has spectral matching, where a completed track's spectrum can be applied to your track's spectrum (although it's best not to match it 100% but rather somewhere around 50-60%). Saturn can warm up a master with a little bit of choice saturation, dialed in to taste. Pro-C has various compression modes, including peak, opto, voice, even mastering! Pro-L is the MOST transparent limiter in the appstore. Auria Pro has a Peak/RMS dual meter built in.

The FabFilter series may be more pricey than Lurssen, but it pays dividends in stability and flexibility.

• The FabFilters are unmatched not only on iOS, but on any platform. Most people I work with, and also most of the comparisons I read in forums like KVR and Gearslutz place the FabFilter plug-ins a degree above Izotope's Ozone suite.

LMC's great advantage is (was?) usability. And it is also a pro-grade application (IMHO, better than IK's previous attempt at a mastering suite, the T-Racks). It worths the money invested if it fits your working philosophy - as long as it is fully functional. Hope IK fixes it sooner, rather than later. IK's developer team is among the best of the best. The market team, not really so.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@johnn said:
    I'm so glad I went with aurio pro and the fabfilter plugins ;) thank you @WaveMachineLabs !!!

100% agreed. I mean, in my opinion, Sampletank is unmatched in terms of sound quality of the instruments. (The IAPs do tend to sound better than the stock sounds, but even the stock sounds are decent.) Other than Sampletank, I've found better apps/plugins that do what IK's stuff can do.

Multitrack Studio is great for vocal tuning and a few other things. I really should play with ReTune but never got around to it just yet.

Pro-Q has spectral matching, where a completed track's spectrum can be applied to your track's spectrum (although it's best not to match it 100% but rather somewhere around 50-60%). Saturn can warm up a master with a little bit of choice saturation, dialed in to taste. Pro-C has various compression modes, including peak, opto, voice, even mastering! Pro-L is the MOST transparent limiter in the appstore. Auria Pro has a Peak/RMS dual meter built in.

The FabFilter series may be more pricey than Lurssen, but it pays dividends in stability and flexibility.

@theconnactic said:
    The FabFilters are unmatched not only on iOS, but on any platform. Most people I work with, and also most of the comparisons I read in forums like KVR and Gearslutz place the FabFilter plug-ins a degree above Izotope's Ozone suite.

LMC's great advantage is (was?) usability. And it is also a pro-grade application (IMHO, better than IK's previous attempt at a mastering suite, the T-Racks). It worths the money invested if it fits your working philosophy - as long as it is fully functional. Hope IK fixes it sooner, rather than later. IK's developer team is among the best of the best. The market team, not really so.

Auria pro has forced me to step up my mixing/mastering game. I was stuck in my comfort zone with mixing and mastering on my desktop with izotope. The Audiobus forum led me to auria pro, which led me to fabfilters. These 2 events have had a tremendous impact on my final masters. Thanks to ALL.

@supanorton Lurssen is such an expensive app, I would EXPECT them to at least maintain it. That would definitely piss me off, hopefully they fix it.

• I'd like to thank thank everyone who weighed in and offered encouragement. I can't help but think it all made a difference and resulted in this email from IK support yesterday:

"We received a response from the development team and an update is planned in the upcoming weeks."

Coincidence?

• @supanorton said:
    I'd like to thank thank everyone who weighed in and offered encouragement. I can't help but think it all made a difference and resulted in this email from IK support yesterday:

"We received a response from the development team and an update is planned in the upcoming weeks."

Coincidence?

No way, this was because of your post. Glad an update is coming. :)

• @supanorton said:
    I'd like to thank thank everyone who weighed in and offered encouragement. I can't help but think it all made a difference and resulted in this email from IK support yesterday:

Coincidence?

:)

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    IK: You don't do yourself any favors by coming off as thin-skinned and not even bothering to address the accusation of the Lurssen app. Strange PR choice. As for the subscription service: Good luck with that. Consumers hate it. And is AudioMaster the app with the genre-based mastering presets (like Podcasts or Electronic)? Here's a ringing endorsement from the App Store for AudioMaster: "This is a great app for those who, like me, are professional musicians but not technically inclined."
    Haha!

This thread is becoming a race to the bottom.

I'm sorry to hear that you interpreted my response in this way, I did not intend nor do not feel it was thin-skinned at all and I note that the proper personnel are dealing with the reported issue and also stated that I escalated the issue directly. I would hope that those are positive aspects, and again I apologize if there was any indication of negativity in my response that lead to this interpretation.

• @supanorton said:

@ikmultimedia said:
    The thread was closed due to the IK Forum not being a medium for direct technical support. The thread title asked "anybody else?" to which no users responded in kind so it really was a matter that no forum user, mod, or admin could fix. Information about the ticket was relayed to the support team as appropriate and I understand your frustration but that is where the issue will need to be resolved, bumped, etc.

I will send your dissatisfaction to support with regard to that ticket and to the lack of resolution for the issue you are having. Thank you.

I do understand why the thread was closed, but I posted on the forum once a month because the replies from IK support were antiseptic at best. Forums provide a human element that can often serve to smooth things over and sometimes prevent negative reviews and rants in other forums. I also understand that you are a forum moderator, but you are also the living representation of IK multimedia. I had nowhere else to turn, and you slammed the door in my face. I opened a few other doors to make sure I would be heard.

Thank you for sending my dissatisfaction to support.

I also understand your point(s) so I've had the thread unlocked in case other users have insights or haven't seen the thread yet to weigh in.

• ... 360 deg turn, coincidence?

• @ikmultimedia said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    IK: You don't do yourself any favors by coming off as thin-skinned and not even bothering to address the accusation of the Lurssen app. Strange PR choice. As for the subscription service: Good luck with that. Consumers hate it. And is AudioMaster the app with the genre-based mastering presets (like Podcasts or Electronic)? Here's a ringing endorsement from the App Store for AudioMaster: "This is a great app for those who, like me, are professional musicians but not technically inclined."
    Haha!

I'm sorry to hear that you interpreted my response in this way, I did not intend nor do not feel it was thin-skinned at all and I note that the proper personnel are dealing with the reported issue and also stated that I escalated the issue directly. I would hope that those are positive aspects, and again I apologize if there was any indication of negativity in my response that lead to this interpretation.

I am happy to be corrected. Message boards are imperfect, and your actions speak louder than your words. Mea culpa, and thank you for addressing the concerns of the forum.

• Glad to see this getting fixed, although also glad my air 2 is still on IOs 9.2 as I love this app

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@ikmultimedia said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Haha!

I am happy to be corrected. Message boards are imperfect, and your actions speak louder than your words. Mea culpa, and thank you for addressing the concerns of the forum.

+1

@ikmultimedia it's very encouraging to hear you interact with your clients. I was gonna purchase lurssen .. ONLY because I learned of it from @supanorton .. he spoke so highly of the app and produced final masters that sounded phenomenal!
    I hope this issue will get resolved for future clients (potentially me) I really liked how the finished product sounded. It would be an awesome addition to my iOS arsenal. Fabfilters 4 life tho ;) thanks again for response.

• Activism appears to have paid off for you, @supanorton, and that is cool (as in overdue, thus, no longer warm, but still welcome) beans. Are you still recommending "do not buy" for this app?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@ikmultimedia said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Haha!

I don't know the official Latin so I'll just say "Our Culpa" or "Mea Culpa Too" :smile: Message boards are imperfect for sure, probably because there are usually people running them and people using them. We're always the pesky "margin of error". I don't want to correct anybody, I just want to make sure my intentions are clearer going forward. Thanks to you, too, for your response instead of letting it stew and not saying anything.

I know that having me and support bumping the issue may not magically change things in a split second but I know that the concerns were heard so hopefully that does something to assist those that are hindered by this. I also see that a workaround is just that - a workaround - and glad @supanorton pointed out that there's surely a use case where the workaround can be skipped inadvertently sometimes and I agree that can become frustrating to say the least.

• edited February 2017

@eustressor said:
    Activism appears to have paid off for you, @supanorton, and that is cool (as in overdue, thus, no longer warm, but still welcome) beans. Are you still recommending "do not buy" for this app?

I wish it was that easy for some of the real problems in the world, but still an example of the good that can come of it.

As for the "Do Not Buy" recommendation, well...it still doesn't work. I'll change the title when it's fixed. ;)

• @supanorton said:

@eustressor said:
    Activism appears to have paid off for you, @supanorton, and that is cool (as in overdue, thus, no longer warm, but still welcome) beans. Are you still recommending "do not buy" for this app?

I wish it was that easy for some of the real problems in the world, but still an example of the good that can come of it.

As for the "Do Not Buy" recommendation, well...it still doesn't work. I'll change the title when it's fixed. ;)

Spero autem scrutatur old bean....

• @supanorton said:

What's that? I think that was the sound of your support ticket getting bumped up to Level Three Tech Support :wink:

• Just an update here. I saw a thread over at the Auria forum asking about Lurssen http://www.auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=15088. I also received a private message on the Harmonic Dog MultiTrack DAW forum asking if @ikmultimedia has fixed it yet. Unfortunately, the answer is still "no". We're a few weeks past five months if anyone's keeping score. Looks like IK's about to lose a couple of sales.

• Ok, May be We will ask Apple refund our money ?

• My experience with IKM's overall customer support is very hit or miss. Some times it is outstanding, other times (like my own most recent encounter) it is very much NOT. Odd track record for an international brand ...

• @supanorton said:
    Just an update here. I saw a thread over at the Auria forum asking about Lurssen http://www.auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=15088. I also received a private message on the Harmonic Dog MultiTrack DAW forum asking if @ikmultimedia has fixed it yet. Unfortunately, the answer is still "no". We're a few weeks past five months if anyone's keeping score. Looks like IK's about to lose a couple of sales.

From IK forum:
    I asked about update Lurssen for iOS
    and answer from Peter:
    I don't have any specific news on an update to Lurssen Mastering Console on iOS but if you are having specific issues that would require an update to address, please open or reply to a support ticket for more detailed information.

THE WALL

• @Denzkps said:

@supanorton said:
    Just an update here. I saw a thread over at the Auria forum asking about Lurssen http://www.auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=15088. I also received a private message on the Harmonic Dog MultiTrack DAW forum asking if @ikmultimedia has fixed it yet. Unfortunately, the answer is still "no". We're a few weeks past five months if anyone's keeping score. Looks like IK's about to lose a couple of sales.

From IK forum:
    and answer from Peter:
    I don't have any specific news on an update to Lurssen Mastering Console on iOS but if you are having specific issues that would require an update to address, please open or reply to a support ticket for more detailed information.

THE WALL

The truth, not the wall. Support can give you more direct information about the status of an issue you are having. The forum is for user-to-user communication and general announcements. Any issues you're having can be handled via the team that is in place to do so and they will also have the most up to date information about any status request. Have you requested a status via your ticket? I'm sure they'll be able to assist you with the request.

• @ikmultimedia said:

@Denzkps said:

@supanorton said:

From IK forum:
    and answer from Peter:

THE WALL

The truth, not the wall. Support can give you more direct information about the status of an issue you are having. The forum is for user-to-user communication and general announcements. Any issues you're having can be handled via the team that is in place to do so and they will also have the most up to date information about any status request. Have you requested a status via your ticket? I'm sure they'll be able to assist you with the request.

Please don't take this as a pile-on, @ikmultimedia, but I did exactly what you've suggested for a solution to a problem I'm having obtaining the latest firmware upgrade to my IK Blueboard. The problem? I assumed, incorrectly, that the serial number for my Blueboard was actually on the device. It turns out this is not the case, and in an effort to clean up the studio, I had recently thrown out all of my old product boxes. I was told by support the serial number was in the box. I explained I no longer had the box. The result, after several exchanges? I was sent a firmware update ... for Windows. When I told your support team I do not have a Windows machine, they just said, "'Sorry. We only have a firmware update for Windows." And that was that. So I'm kind of frustrated and, yes, I feel like I've hit a WALL, because good customer service NEVER ends with "sorry about your luck."

If you feel there is a misconception about IK's products and service, I think, rather than posting defensive reactions, you might recognize an opportunity to proactively show all the potential IKMultimedia customers in this forum that, when one branch (support) fails, another (you, their public face on this forum) will at least try to pick up the ball. PM me for details if you believe you can help solve my problem, and please, try to understand that when users of your product like @supanorton, @Denzkps and myself feel blamed or stonewalled regarding problems with your service, we will eventually post about it, and you will eventually lose customers. I highly doubt IK made you their ambassador on this forum with that goal in mind.

For what it's worth, I like my Blueboard, and have a number of other IK products. I think Lurssen is a great product, just overpriced. But I've been given the run-around by IK before - remember when SampleTank for iOS wasn't working on iOS9? Yeah. I posted here, I posted on the IK forums, and I contacted support. So did a lot of other unhappy customers. Eventually, we were told an update was coming, and it arrived more or less on schedule.

However, when your customers make you aware that your product or service is faulty, they really should not be required to sustain an ongoing protest on several fronts to get it resolved.

• @eustressor said:

@ikmultimedia said:

@Denzkps said:

@supanorton said:

From IK forum:
    and answer from Peter:

THE WALL

Please don't take this as a pile-on, @ikmultimedia, but I did exactly what you've suggested for a solution to a problem I'm having obtaining the latest firmware upgrade to my IK Blueboard. The problem? I assumed, incorrectly, that the serial number for my Blueboard was actually on the device. It turns out this is not the case, and in an effort to clean up the studio, I had recently thrown out all of my old product boxes. I was told by support the serial number was in the box. I explained I no longer had the box. The result, after several exchanges? I was sent a firmware update ... for Windows. When I told your support team I do not have a Windows machine, they just said, "'Sorry. We only have a firmware update for Windows." And that was that. So I'm kind of frustrated and, yes, I feel like I've hit a WALL, because good customer service NEVER ends with "sorry about your luck."

If you feel there is a misconception about IK's products and service, I think, rather than posting defensive reactions, you might recognize an opportunity to proactively show all the potential IKMultimedia customers in this forum that, when one branch (support) fails, another (you, their public face on this forum) will at least try to pick up the ball. PM me for details if you believe you can help solve my problem, and please, try to understand that when users of your product like @supanorton, @Denzkps and myself feel blamed or stonewalled regarding problems with your service, we will eventually post about it, and you will eventually lose customers. I highly doubt IK made you their ambassador on this forum with that goal in mind.

For what it's worth, I like my Blueboard, and have a number of other IK products. I think Lurssen is a great product, just overpriced. But I've been given the run-around by IK before - remember when SampleTank for iOS wasn't working on iOS9? Yeah. I posted here, I posted on the IK forums, and I contacted support. So did a lot of other unhappy customers. Eventually, we were told an update was coming, and it arrived more or less on schedule.

However, when your customers make you aware that your product or service is faulty, they really should not be required to sustain an ongoing protest on several fronts to get it resolved.

Well said, @eustressor.

• @eustressor said:

I've read so many complaints like this about IK Multimedia on various forums that I've lost count. It seems a company whose motto is "Musicians First" is actually tone deaf. The irony...