Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lurssen Mastering Console FIXED

Comments

• @supanorton said:

@ikmultimedia said:

@supanorton said:
    Here's another bit of fuel for the fire: I went into the App Store to update my review of the @ikmultimedia Lurssen Mastering Console to find my review mysteriously deleted. I have since updated it and will check daily and repost if necessary.

The review is included in my initial post on this thread.

We have no way to delete or even remotely influence what happens to any review on the App Store.

Perhaps not, but it's curious, if nothing else, that my review disappeared.

Not unlike an entire thread that disappeared from your forum in which I commented yesterday. My comments were absolutely factual and the criticism in them 100% justified. I do understand why you don't want that sort of thing on your own forum; it might hurt business; better to keep would be customers in the dark about problems with the app and silence the voice of a paying customer with a legitimate gripe about a product that doesn't work as it should.

Reviews do seem quite buggy on the App Store. As a developer I can confirm that there is no way to edit or delete reviews from users. Only recently have they added the ability to "reply" to the review.

• @supanorton said:
    Not unlike an entire thread that disappeared from your forum in which I commented yesterday. My comments were absolutely factual and the criticism in them 100% justified. I do understand why you don't want that sort of thing on your own forum; it might hurt business; better to keep would be customers in the dark about problems with the app and silence the voice of a paying customer with a legitimate gripe about a product that doesn't work as it should.

• I'm so glad I never got this app.......... And never will I don't think?...... I can definitely understand(& simpathise with @supanorton) why he's so upset & pissed off..... @ikmultimedia are still charging €99 for the app, it's not like its a freebie?......... At that price is more than Premium, & it's not as tho @ikmultimedia is a one man Dev now is it?.......... Still, I hope that @ikmultimedia will sort it out?......

• @supanorton said:
    I know that you're all sick of this thread popping up, but I have to share the latest email from @ikmultimedia support on the status of Lurssen Mastering Console's six month old bug.

Mind you, they admitted the app needed an update about six months ago. Two months ago, they said an update would be available in the "coming weeks".

Here is the latest response:

"Hello,

Thanks for your email.

We passed this information along to our development team and was able to diagnose this properly. An update will be required to fix. At this moment, we do not have an exact release date for this update."

It's as if they know nothing about the history of the support ticket.

What a joke.

And..........there it is, the reason I said earlier that the ticket system sucks. Those are exactly the kind of meaningless/spambot/automated emails one gets. I feel the need for Twisted Sister's "we're not gonna take it" about now.

• edited April 2017

@supanorton said:

@ikmultimedia said:

@supanorton said:
    Here's another bit of fuel for the fire: I went into the App Store to update my review of the @ikmultimedia Lurssen Mastering Console to find my review mysteriously deleted. I have since updated it and will check daily and repost if necessary.

We have no way to delete or even remotely influence what happens to any review on the App Store.

The thread you commented on did not disappear. It is still there. I know you are frustrated but IK has not censored any App Store review and did not remove the thread you commented on yesterday.

• @ikmultimedia said:

@supanorton said:

@ikmultimedia said:

@supanorton said:

The thread you commented on did not disappear. It is still there. I know you are frustrated but IK has not censored any App Store review and did not remove the thread you commented on yesterday.

If it is, I don't see it where it was. It does show up in a search, but I no longer see it in the announcements section.

I just want the app to be fixed and for the support people to at least pretend to care.

• @ikmultimedia so are y'all gonna fix the bug or what? (I don't even own it, just curious)

• edited April 2017

@db909 said:
    @ikmultimedia so are y'all gonna fix the bug or what? (I don't even own it, just curious)

From above/support:

We passed this information along to our development team and was able to diagnose this properly. An update will be required to fix. At this moment, we do not have an exact release date for this update.

• @ikmultimedia said:

@db909 said:
    @ikmultimedia so are y'all gonna fix the bug or what? (I don't even own it, just curious)

From above/support:

We passed this information along to our development team and was able to diagnose this properly. An update will be required to fix. At this moment, we do not have an exact release date for this update.

Nice example of terrible customer service there, @ikmultimedia. Your customers (of which I am one) have paid nigh on £100 for full functionality of your app. Unfortunately, in its current state it isn't functioning as it should. Fixing it should be your priority. In the meantime you should be apologetic and grovelling to us for forgiveness; not treating us with contempt. You haven't even said you are working on it. Just that "an update will be required to fix" it. No shit!

• edited April 2017

@Beathoven said:

@ikmultimedia said:

@db909 said:

From above/support:

Nice example of terrible customer service there, @ikmultimedia. Your customers (of which I am one) have paid nigh on £100 for full functionality of your app. Unfortunately, in its current state it isn't functioning as it should. Fixing it should be your priority. In the meantime you should be apologetic and grovelling to us for forgiveness; not treating us with contempt. You haven't even said you are working on it. Just that "an update will be required to fix" it. No shit!

You can get more specific information (possibly including the groveling and apologies you requested) from IK Support within your ticket about the issue as they would have more specific information. As far as I am aware this is an issue being handled by IK Support and Development where you would be able to get the sort of information and status you request.

I am merely the messenger here, and not as directly aware of all of the specific details of the issue you are experiencing. I did not want to appear less than genuine or patronizing but of course I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues but I'm only able to relay your information and I (and our Support Manager) have certainly gone to bat over this issue for you multiple times. As messenger not directly handling your issue, though, I did not want to give any inaccurate information or false inferences about anything, hence the brevity of my previous response to someone who was not directly experiencing the issue who I thought may have missed a previous response that directly answered his query.

I'll relay that you feel support should be more apologetic and less brief in their recent replies to your issue.

Edit - also, never have I treated you with contempt, I'm sorry if anything was interpreted that way but that was never the intent of any message from me nor any from IK Support. Also, I will let support know that the message that was reposted above did not convey that it was being worked on though that was indeed meant to be implied there. It is being worked on.

• Did I mention, that the ticket system sucks? I'm not sure if I did or not. ;)

• @High5denied said:
    Did I mention, that the ticket system sucks? I'm not sure if I did or not. ;)

I think you might have. :smile: If you have particular tickets you feel were not handled appropriate, I am always available to receive them via PM so I can have them looked into. The ticket system is a trackable system that has been working well for many but like anything it can always use improvement so please shoot over any examples of tickets that you feel weren't handled well and I'll have them checked out.

• @ikmultimedia said:

@High5denied said:

I think you might have. :smile: If you have particular tickets you feel were not handled appropriate, I am always available to receive them via PM so I can have them looked into. The ticket system is a trackable system that has been working well for many but like anything it can always use improvement so please shoot over any examples of tickets that you feel weren't handled well and I'll have them checked out.

:) Not with IK, just with a few other companies. It's..too......automated. Things seem to get lost, shuffled, buried with the ticket system. I guess like anything, some of it is prob. running ok for some people. I've never had any luck with it.

• Very bad form from IK. Thet don't have a great track record in customer relations with their support.

Certainly should make one wary when considering any new products from them.

• @Goozoon said:
    ... 360 deg turn, coincidence?

Not sure if there's any coincidence, but if nothing has changed then your statement is accurate.

• @mrufino1 said:

@Goozoon said:
    ... 360 deg turn, coincidence?

Not sure if there's any coincidence, but if nothing has changed then your statement is accurate.

I'm here simply to say I enjoyed this response.

• @supanorton I strongly believe that you can get a refund from apple even after months. You are a "premium" customer, bought a real expensive app and (you don't have to go in details) if you bought in the past many apps Apple doesn't want you to be disappointed and loose you (your money!).

After all ,the app never worked as advertised, maybe you can convince Apple instead of refund ,balancing an iTunes card .

• Thanks to the space freed up by 10.3.1 I was going to give Amplitube another try but I don't think I'll bother now. Save a bit of broadband allowance and all that.

These threads are the best, keep resurrecting it as you see fit @supanorton.

• edited April 2017

@TheVimFuego said:
    Thanks to the space freed up by 10.3.1 I was going to give Amplitube another try but I don't think I'll bother now. Save a bit of broadband allowance and all that.

+1

Just reading through this thread (and having seen similar responses in past threads), I think @ikmultimedia are demonstrating how not to interact with customers when they're having issues with purchased products.

• @MonzoPro said:

@TheVimFuego said:
    Thanks to the space freed up by 10.3.1 I was going to give Amplitube another try but I don't think I'll bother now. Save a bit of broadband allowance and all that.

+1

Just reading through this thread (and having seen similar responses in past threads), I think @ikmultimedia are demonstrating how not to interact with customers when they're having issues with purchased products.

I, and our Support Manager, have actually gone to bat quite heavily on this and other issues and I know there are many who we've helped get resolutions to issues they've had. I believe there's a bit of misunderstanding all 'round in this thread and some others (which is another good reason to use the direct support system for issue status etc and not third party forums that can turn into a mess of misunderstanding so very often - but I do still acknowledge that system could use some improvement).

For this reason, I had already contacted @supanorton directly to make sure he was aware what I was doing specifically to assist with his issue and to help get him the proper service. This was also in an effort to make sure nothing gets lost in the other parts of the discussion where I believe there is a lot of misinterpretation and an "us vs them" theme which is most certainly not the case with regard to my intentions in this forum. I apologize if that's the interpretation that some have come away with, I assure you it is the furthest from truth.

For the tl;dr version - I am doing my best to help in this situation internally , I in no way hold any allege contempt for anybody here, my messages are in no way meant to imply that there is anything but a desire to assist, and I hope that my direct contact with supanorton cuts through that as clearly as possible.

• @High5denied said:

@ikmultimedia said:

@High5denied said:

:) Not with IK, just with a few other companies. It's..too......automated. Things seem to get lost, shuffled, buried with the ticket system. I guess like anything, some of it is prob. running ok for some people. I've never had any luck with it.

I still would acknowledge ours could use some improvement too, so I'll work with our Support Manager to give a little nudge or knock some dust off where things sometimes go a little pear-shaped.

• edited April 2017

It's great to see this kind of action.

• Hey now! Gary from Future Moments here. We're happy to let you know Apple just approved our major update. There's now 40 total presets. Check out the new AudioMaster for iPhone and iPad. All input and suggestions are welcome!

Here's our additions:
    ▪ Added 26 more presets to choose from for a total of 39 plus flat EQ
    ▪ Now you can press and hold any preset to hear only the volume boost
    ▪ Bluetooth Output
    ▪ AU, IAA and Audiobus compatible as usual

Try before you buy -> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audiomaster-for-podcasts-music/id1091734833?mt=8

• Wow. Not classy. And that's saying something on an IKM dig thread.

• Thanks for your opinion @SpookyZoo. Didn't mean to be unclassy, just thought the music should still be getting made.

• Sorry, Gary, but this was like those folks who, when I post a link promoting a song or video on Facebook, post a link of their own trying to hijack the thread. I can believe you meant no harm, but quite frankly it was really uncool. Not a fan of IK these days either.

• This is some pretty serious ambulance chasing, no? But you asked for input so I'd like to offer some. I understand your app is made to be as simple as possible for the folks who don't want to bother with knobs and menus. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I get that there's a need for an app like yours in the market, and I'm unaware of what others exist on this platform that fill a similar one-stop-shop roll. But as a replacement for Lurssen (when it works correctly) it can't compete. Your app would reach far deeper into the needs of most users on this site and beyond if it had some sort of advanced mode that allowed fine tuning of parameters. Presets do not work for mastering. They may work for hyping the overall level and making things as loud as humanly possible, but that is not mastering. I've given your app many tries with a wide variety of material, but have yet to achieve a successful output. I've resigned to the fact that I am not your target audience. But I could be, and maybe many others, if the suggestions I mentioned were brought into your app.

• @brice said:
    This is some pretty serious ambulance chasing, no? But you asked for input so I'd like to offer some. I understand your app is made to be as simple as possible for the folks who don't want to bother with knobs and menus. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I get that there's a need for an app like yours in the market, and I'm unaware of what others exist on this platform that fill a similar one-stop-shop roll. But as a replacement for Lurssen (when it works correctly) it can't compete. Your app would reach far deeper into the needs of most users on this site and beyond if it had some sort of advanced mode that allowed fine tuning of parameters. Presets do not work for mastering. They may work for hyping the overall level and making things as loud as humanly possible, but that is not mastering. I've given your app many tries with a wide variety of material, but have yet to achieve a successful output. I've resigned to the fact that I am not your target audience. But I could be, and maybe many others, if the suggestions I mentioned were brought into your app.

LOL, I guffawed at "ambulance chasing" but will @garygary the benefit of the doubt that he just wants the music to keep flowing. But as @theconnactic said about "nice song, here's mine" hijacks, the AudioMaster team has to see the questionable take members will have when a subscription mastering app dev puts an advert up on a multi-page thread about the failings of another subscription mastering app.

I hope @TheVimFuego doesn't let the questionable tact displayed by @ikmultimedia in this thread put him off the great quality of Amplitube 4 & especially the Fender Collection 2. I know @flo26 and a few other guys posted some great reviews here on the new Fender Collection's supreme quality and I took the chance and got it, although I was less than impressed with Amplitube up to that point. It is an incredible sounding guitar app now.

Customer service & relations is as important as the actual quality of the product to most folks, and I usually agree. But the Fender 2 IAP in the Amplitube app is just too cool to let IK's incompetence in service overshadow the incredible quality of that app. Just my view...

• @garygary said:
    Thanks for your opinion @SpookyZoo. Didn't mean to be unclassy, just thought the music should still be getting made.

Hey @garygary Perhaps I didn't need to post my opinion. Probably just as un-classy, apologies.

Understand the "..music should still be getting made." sentiment.

I would probably have lead with that though. :)

Best of luck with the app.

• Well as weird as this is, maybe it lights a small fire under @ikmultimedia `s butt?