Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lurssen Mastering Console FIXED

Comments

• yeah, not good.. i was just in the market for a small interface and had been sold on the ik rig pro, stuff like this puts me off and i went with another company. at the very least, after the stink of a thread like this they should jump right on it , inform the person with issue that they are forwarding it to the right department and have that department contact and followup the issue.

• I think the "Ticket" system" sucks. Whether it be through IK, Positive Grid, or about 10 other sites/companies I've used it for. I don't know what the "word" for it is? inefficient, broken, unhelpful, subpar, unsatisfactory, unacceptable?

I know that the way these things are set up, you get an automated email reply. If you're lucky you might get a couple. Then......................................................................... You wait. I'm not sure if these request for help tickets ever get read by a real person? Well, actually I guess some of mine have been. But, usually what happens is the company provides a few different remedies/fixes for you to try, and those don't work........Or, we're looking into the problem.

With the amount of $$$ this app is, I'd want it working ALL the time. It should be ahead of the curve. It should be ready for ios 12.65 now. and....128 when it comes. Is that a thing? I don't know. So, ya that last part is tongue and cheek, but anyway.

I wonder, as a company grows, is it more difficult for the people in charge to manage what is going on at the customer level? When Positive Grid was just putting out a few apps, I was able to dialog quite a bit with them through email. Sometimes product/app related, sometimes just for fun and the hell of it, I always got a response and was able to chat back and forth. Not that, that should be the norm or anything, just....that when a company gets larger and starts to grow, and branch out into several different products, well it just seems as though not having a specific customer service/media person/team kinda gets lost in the mix/shuffle/build?

One thing IK has done good on is SampleTank, that app has got some great sounds, I'm happy with my irig pro, or hd or what ever the heck it is. Sounds pretty darn good.

• edited March 2017

deleted wrong thread

• @High5denied said:
    I think the "Ticket" system" sucks. Whether it be through IK, Positive Grid, or about 10 other sites/companies I've used it for. I don't know what the "word" for it is? inefficient, broken, unhelpful, subpar, unsatisfactory, unacceptable?

I know that the way these things are set up, you get an automated email reply. If you're lucky you might get a couple. Then......................................................................... You wait. I'm not sure if these request for help tickets ever get read by a real person? Well, actually I guess some of mine have been. But, usually what happens is the company provides a few different remedies/fixes for you to try, and those don't work........Or, we're looking into the problem.

With the amount of $$$ this app is, I'd want it working ALL the time. It should be ahead of the curve. It should be ready for ios 12.65 now. and....128 when it comes. Is that a thing? I don't know. So, ya that last part is tongue and cheek, but anyway.

I wonder, as a company grows, is it more difficult for the people in charge to manage what is going on at the customer level? When Positive Grid was just putting out a few apps, I was able to dialog quite a bit with them through email. Sometimes product/app related, sometimes just for fun and the hell of it, I always got a response and was able to chat back and forth. Not that, that should be the norm or anything, just....that when a company gets larger and starts to grow, and branch out into several different products, well it just seems as though not having a specific customer service/media person/team kinda gets lost in the mix/shuffle/build?

One thing IK has done good on is SampleTank, that app has got some great sounds, I'm happy with my irig pro, or hd or what ever the heck it is. Sounds pretty darn good.

I agree with you Mr.Denied ... the old "ticket" system does not fit in with the new Customer Experience paradigm. Those companies that get that and get with it should do well. Those that do not ... well ... we'll see.

• edited March 2017

@eustressor said:

.....when your customers make you aware that your product or service is faulty, they really should not be required to sustain an ongoing protest on several fronts to get it resolved.

The nut, the hub, the guts, and the point (well put).

• edited March 2017

I was greeted with an email from @ikmultimedia saying Lurssen is now on sale for 50% off.

It still hasn't been updated to fix the bug I reported just about six months ago, but who cares?

Musicians first? Really?

• I will not purchase at any price until your issue is resolved, Mr. Norton, my own Blueboard issues be damned. For both your and @ikmultimedia's sake, I hope it is soon. Solidarity, brother! Keep us posted.

(Plus, with a fair amount of practice - and plugin purchases - A/B-ing your results, you can learn to master better in Auria than in Lurssen , anyhoo. Just, y'know, don't go submitting a help ticket about THAT :wink:)

Full disclosure: working with the demo version of Lurssen really did help me get better at mastering, so there's that. We just need that with an improved customer experience.

• @eustressor said:
    I will not purchase at any price until your issue is resolved, Mr. Norton, my own Blueboard issues be damned. For both your and @ikmultimedia's sake, I hope it is soon. Solidarity, brother! Keep us posted.

(Plus, with a fair amount of practice - and plugin purchases - A/B-ing your results, you can learn to master better in Auria than in Lurssen , anyhoo. Just, y'know, don't go submitting a help ticket about THAT :wink:)

Full disclosure: working with the demo version of Lurssen really did help me get better at mastering, so there's that. We just need that with an improved customer experience.

I've been working with Pro L, Pro C, Pro Q, Pro DS, and Saturn in my Mastering chain in Auria, and I am making very good progress. Actually having fun with it. I just may contact Apple for a refund on Lurssen. It will be six months in a couple of days. Thanks for the encouragement. It's sucks because I do like the color of Lurssen, o well.

Also, thanks for standing with me on this one. I hope @ikmultimedia are able to sort out your Blueboard problem.

• Is this problem still existing ?

• @cuscolima said:
    Is this problem still existing ?

The right honorable @supanorton recently updated this thread title ... six months and counting, unfortunately.

• @eustressor said:

@cuscolima said:

The right honorable @supanorton recently updated this thread title ... six months and counting, unfortunately.

It's just that I have tested this morning and it seems to work on my ipad...If I understand well the issue, the automation steps are not saved when quitting the app...I tried this and when I restarted the app, the steps were still here (but I had to select "read" and press the + button. But maybe we are not talking about the same issue...

• @cuscolima said:

@eustressor said:

@cuscolima said:

It's just that I have tested this morning and it seems to work on my ipad...If I understand well the issue, the automation steps are not saved when quitting the app...I tried this and when I restarted the app, the steps were still here (but I had to select "read" and press the + button. But maybe we are not talking about the same issue...

The bug appeared with iOS 10.0.2 and has nothing to do with automation. In fact, automation works as it should. The bug affects the EQ and processing controls. Try selecting a preset, making note of the EQ controls. Fully close the app, so it's not open in the background. Next, open it again; you'll see all the EQ and processing controls are now at zero.

• I used it just the other day. I don't see what the big deal is. Just reload the preset and you're back where you were.

• @supanorton said:

@cuscolima said:

@eustressor said:

@cuscolima said:

The bug appeared with iOS 10.0.2 and has nothing to do with automation. In fact, automation works as it should. The bug affects the EQ and processing controls. Try selecting a preset, making note of the EQ controls. Fully close the app, so it's not open in the background. Next, open it again; you'll see all the EQ and processing controls are now at zero.

Ok, I can see it now. You are right, all EQ values haven't been recorded (back to absolute zero). Same problem with threshold and makeup gain. If you change the preset and go back to the original preset, then the displayed values are also completly wrong. This is...shit

• @Matthew said:
    I used it just the other day. I don't see what the big deal is. Just reload the preset and you're back where you were.

Glad it works for you. I've got multiple songs with lots of tweaks to the EQ and processors on each one; it's driving me crazy.

• Just a heads up that we're adding more options to AudioMaster. Hopefully that can help fill the void and get the job done.

• I know that you're all sick of this thread popping up, but I have to share the latest email from @ikmultimedia support on the status of Lurssen Mastering Console's six month old bug.

Mind you, they admitted the app needed an update about six months ago. Two months ago, they said an update would be available in the "coming weeks".

Here is the latest response:

"Hello,

Thanks for your email.

We passed this information along to our development team and was able to diagnose this properly. An update will be required to fix. At this moment, we do not have an exact release date for this update."

It's as if they know nothing about the history of the support ticket.

What a joke.

• I actually enjoy these updates, and I think big-name devs need to be called out, especially when they're pushing out product after product.

• I feel like a character in Joseph Heller novel.

• edited April 2017

Perhaps they decided it's Apple's responsibility to fix a bug introduced by an OS change, so they are simply sitting on the issue? Of course, I'm not saying that they are doing that, but anyway, it's strange they let this bug unsolved all this time, given IK is no small company.

• @supanorton said:
    I know that you're all sick of this thread popping up...

Not bothered in the least. I admire your persistence.

• @supanorton said:
    I feel like a character in Joseph Heller novel.

Which one? There was a lot of them in Catch-22 ;)

• @supanorton said:
    I know that you're all sick of this thread popping up...

Not me, I like the public accountability, and it's kept me from buying a couple IKM products.

• As a professional mastering engineer, I love threads like this :)

• @supanorton said:
    I feel like a character in Joseph Heller novel.

Could be Kafka, would be worse. Good for you for keeping their feet at least proximate to the fire...

• edited April 2017

It's difficult to imagine why a fix for a simple data storage/retrieval problem like this would require six days to fix, let alone six months. I'm essentially a hobby programmer at this point, and for my app in the store I don't recall it taking more than a day or two to build the entire data management/storage system from scratch. (And it takes about 20 minutes to add/update new data fields.) I'm guessing the delay hints that their port of the desktop version is a quickly assembled wrapper that resists easy customization on the iOS side, and they don't want to allocate the resources to make that happen. (Or reassign their crack pop-up ad guy to the task.) ;)

Who knows? Regardless, this is getting silly. (And I agree, keep the observations coming: the best disinfectant being sunlight and all that.)

• Something in IK Multimedia simply doesn't allow the company to respond the way it should. Constantly shifting priorities? Inefficient workflow? Maybe they outsource coding, have no reliable staff? It definitely gives a bad
    impression, especially with an expensive app like this one.

• edited April 2017

Here's another bit of fuel for the fire: I went into the App Store to update my review of the @ikmultimedia Lurssen Mastering Console to find my review mysteriously deleted. I have since updated it and will check daily and repost if necessary.

The review is included in my initial post on this thread.

• @supanorton said:
    Here's another bit of fuel for the fire: I went into the App Store to update my review of the @ikmultimedia Lurssen Mastering Console to find my review mysteriously deleted. I have since updated it and will check daily and repost if necessary.

We have no way to delete or even remotely influence what happens to any review on the App Store.

• edited April 2017

@ikmultimedia said:

@supanorton said:

We have no way to delete or even remotely influence what happens to any review on the App Store.

Perhaps not, but it's curious, if nothing else, that my review disappeared.

Not unlike an entire thread that disappeared from your forum in which I commented yesterday. My comments were absolutely factual and the criticism in them 100% justified. I do understand why you don't want that sort of thing on your own forum; it might hurt business; better to keep would be customers in the dark about problems with the app and silence the voice of a paying customer with a legitimate gripe about a product that doesn't work as it should.