Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Echo Pad is Awesome! Just sayin'

And especially for the price, it is amazing. I've had it for a while but man it does so much. Went through all the presets today. I usually end up sticking with a handful of favorites.
Ok, it could use a little UI update but boy do I love the sound and functionality.
All hail Holderness!

Comments

• edited February 2017

I bought it as part of a bundle but I've never actually used it. I've been working on a new setup for my bass guitars which is mainly looping and effects, with some peripheral sequencer fun. I've been contemplating what varied effects processing to use of the many apps I own in this category. Maybe I should give Echo Pad a bit of a day out!

• I have it and like it in theory. But I never seem to use it on anything and that has me somewhat baffled. Johnny, on the other hand, is a staple.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I have it and like it in theory. But I never seem to use it on anything and that has me somewhat baffled. Johnny, on the other hand, is a staple.

My pleasure.

• @Redo1 said:
    All hail Holderness!

Yeah, it's kind of a shame that @HoldernessMedia doesn't get the love here that he used to. Like most technology related forums we are often preoccupied with all things new and shiny, or busy speculating about what's next.

• @telecharge said:

@Redo1 said:
    All hail Holderness!

Yeah, it's kind of a shame that @HoldernessMedia doesn't get the love here that he used to. Like most technology related forums we are often preoccupied with all things new and shiny, or busy speculating about what's next.

Such is the vanguard's fate :)

• If the apps would hold their previous state when loaded via IAA they'd get much more use from me. They sound wonderful but are just a bit clunky to use as effects.

I use AUM to rout my signal though different 'lanes' of effects so it's a choice of unwieldy AUM/AB send/return routing (eating my Audiobus Remote screen real estate) or having to manually go into each one and recall a preset.

That said, still some of the best sounding effects on the platform.

• @OscarSouth agreed on all points.

• edited February 2017

yes @OscarSouth, strongly agree about state saving. When I load up a saved state in AUM which I do often, I have to tap on each of the 3 or 4 holderness fx apps and find the preset. May not seem like a big deal but the change would be in my opinion. It's a pain in the ass that doesn't need to be there. Maybe an option in settings to enable "save state" on close.

The UI changes made to the other apps since echo pad have been good ones so it would be nice to see EP updated to match those a little more.

Still, having said all of that, they are still my go to fx apps. echo pad, crystalline, johnny make even my casio keyboard(organ, piano, brass, pads) sound wonderful. And EP deserves that extra credit for being the first and most versatile. In my opinion some of the best value (and quality) for money on ios.

• Have any of you contacted Holderness about the state saving problem?

http://www.holdernessmedia.com/home/support

• @telecharge said:
    Have any of you contacted Holderness about the state saving problem?

Have now :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

Johnny on the spot. B)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@telecharge said:

Me too.

• I love all the holderness effects. echo pad is my go-to.

• EchoPad is a great app. I am guilty of mostly using it for looping panning patterns, but it is capable of so much more.
    All of the Holderness apps are first rate.

• edited February 2017

@lukesleepwalker said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@telecharge said:

Me too.

Any answers?

• Any answers?

Dev is looking at it.

Also, he said: "Regarding AUv3, it will definitely happen at some point when time permits, it's been on my mind as both demand and host support for AUv3 is increasing."

• Echo Pad is used daily by me.

Serious app.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

Any answers?

Dev is looking at it.

Also, he said: "Regarding AUv3, it will definitely happen at some point when time permits, it's been on my mind as both demand and host support for AUv3 is increasing."

Great. Thanks @lukesleepwalker

• Absolutely needs to be AU! I'd buy it again!

• Yep! AU, please!

• AU would be so nice

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    AU would be so nice

+1

• How many of you would pay again for AU?

• HAUlderness... yes please.

I'd happily buy again as AU.

• edited February 2017

AND STEREO DESIGNER PLEASE shouted a very small but still quite urgent voice at the back of the hall..

• Rather just get the update for free at the minute but I'd probably bite on Crystalline.

• @OscarSouth said:
    Rather just get the update for free at the minute but I'd probably bite on Crystalline.

Exactly. I wouldn't pay any more for Crystalline, in fact if I had to do it all over again I might keep my money in my pocket from the outset, BUT I'd pay twice for Stereo Designer :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@OscarSouth said:
    Rather just get the update for free at the minute but I'd probably bite on Crystalline.

Exactly. I wouldn't pay any more for Crystalline, in fact if I had to do it all over again I might keep my money in my pocket from the outset, BUT I'd pay twice for Stereo Designer :)

Yeah me too, use it all the time in Auria.

• I just wonder if the guy's still developing new applications. It's been a couple years since Johnny now.

• This was one of the first fx apps i bought, and im not very impressed by its sound, not into its ui or pretty much anything about it.