Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

(SOLVED) Stompbox No Longer Compatible?

Anyone else having an issue with the new version of Stompbox? Adding it as an Input in Audiobus, and it never wakes up even though the app is open. Tried manually opening it before Audiobus ... tried allowing Audiobus to open it by clicking .... and tried manually opening it after adding it as an input .... Just continual Zzzzz coming from it with "click to launch" being shown.

Comments

• edited February 2017

How odd since the update was meant to bring its AB connection up to date.

I just tried it on iPad mini 1 with no problems though.

• I'm using an iPad Air (version 1), iOS 10.2.1, and Stombox Lite version 1.50 (updated Jan 30).

When I tap "Click to Launch" in AB, it does launch Stompbox, but doesn't revert back to AB like I expect it to after Stompbox is open. It just stays on Stompbox. So I doubletap the home button, and go back to AB, but the Zzzz are still there, with "click to launch" showing.

Maybe an issue with the free 'lite' version only? I only need reverb and chorus, so didn't see a reason to purchase it; since these 2 effects come on the lite version.

• I have the full version and it's working fine for me on a mini 4. I tend to use it in the FX slot though - perhaps that's a difference?

sb.jpg 140.4K
  • I tried it in both the Input and the Effect slots, and it just gives me the Zzzz. I ended up getting AmpliTube to try, and it's working as expected. I'd prefer StombBox though, as the MIDI integration is much better.

Maybe I'll try removing and reinstalling StompBox to see if that helps.

• @Stoopalini said:
    I tried it in both the Input and the Effect slots, and it just gives me the Zzzz. I ended up getting AmpliTube to try, and it's working as expected. I'd prefer StombBox though, as the MIDI integration is much better.

Maybe I'll try removing and reinstalling StompBox to see if that helps.

Hmmm. I just updated mine in place without issue. Could it perhaps be an issue with just the Air? Odd perhaps but we've had similar things before.

• Reboot?
    Clear up ghost apps by holding down the power button until the slider appears, then the home button until you return to the home screen?
    Re-install the app?

• Maybe an Air thing? I just uninstalled Stompbox, did the procedure @wim suggested, then reinstalled Stompbox, and still the same problem.

What's strange is, I load up Audiobus, then populate Stompbox into the Input. Then I clik to launch .... it does launch Stompbox and take me to the app, but the small side bar popout that Audiobus gives isn't there.

Populating MiMix into the output, and clicking to launch ... opens and takes me to MiMix, and the small popout bar is present. Switching back to Audiobus, then clicking Stompbox again, takes me to Stompbox, but the popout bar still isn't present.

Looks like Audiobus can't communicate with Stompbox for some reason. Is there a setting in Stompbox, or in Audiobus, I need to enable for it to work?

• Works fine on my air1.

• Are you using the free version, Stompbox Lite? That's the one I am using. Maybe the free one didn't get the update for AB compatibility?

• Just an update to this: I noticed an update was out for Stompbox today, so I ran it and now it's working with AB. Seems like there must have been a bug somewhere, but they got it fixed :smiley:

• edited February 2018

So people, is Stompbox a great app for guitars? Can you save your own presets? I have everything in Auria pro(fabs and etc), but it’s a hassle dialing up presets for pro-r, timeless, etc in combination to get a guitar sound that imo would sound better quicker out of MasterFX by Igor V. Looks like there’s more effects with Stomp but do they stink?
    I had the Lite version of Stompbox and was not that fired up, but my ears have changed in the last 4 years..