Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anything like Photosounder on iPad?

Looking for an app that can turn a picture into audio, and vice versa! Like Photosounder, if anyone is familiar :)

Comments

• „Tunetrace“ von QApps
    https://appsto.re/ch/j4DcM.i

Maybe?

• SunVox, Phonopaper and Nature, all by Alexander Zolotov, can turn images/imagery into sounds.

• Phonopaper is nuts! Just been scanning my room and getting weird sounds from the tv haha. SunVox looks intense. Would I be able to download (or create) an image on my iPad, edit and effect it, and then import? Phonopaper only seems to accept live camera feed.

• I had to try before responding, and I'm in couch with my phone only. :)
    I managed to load images via Dropbox -> AudioShare -> SunVox. I tried two images which sound different from each other.

There might be other ways, but there is no "Open in...SunVox" from the Photos app, and directly within SunVox you can only see files transfered via iTunes file-sharing (unless I've missed something). Good fun though, think this movie I'm watching have to wait for some image-to-sunvox toying. :)

• @hellquist said:
    I had to try before responding, and I'm in couch with my phone only. :)
    I managed to load images via Dropbox -> AudioShare -> SunVox. I tried two images which sound different from each other.

There might be other ways, but there is no "Open in...SunVox" from the Photos app, and directly within SunVox you can only see files transfered via iTunes file-sharing (unless I've missed something). Good fun though, think this movie I'm watching have to wait for some image-to-sunvox toying. :)

Wait, are you saying you CAN get images into SunVox without iTunes by using a combo of Dropbox & Audioshare?

• Meh, just tried. I think I managed to get an image into SunVox via Dropbox and AudioShare. Actually imported into SunVox via Dropbox only and came in as a sampler module, but I can't get it to play like in the video. And yes, it's connected to an output. Will investigate further later via iPad. On an iPhone5 it's way too tedious.

• @skiphunt said:
    Meh, just tried. I think I managed to get an image into SunVox via Dropbox and AudioShare. Actually imported into SunVox via Dropbox only and came in as a sampler module, but I can't get it to play like in the video. And yes, it's connected to an output. Will investigate further later via iPad. On an iPhone5 it's way too tedious.

Yes, however, did you "play" it on the keyboard? :)
    I see the image more like an algorithm for the sound that will be played, via the keys, meaning a C5 will sound different than a C2, but still using the same sample, or in this case, image.

• edited February 2017

The app pixivisor can turn images and video into sound.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pixivisor/id601279460?mt=8

edit: no audiobus support

• @hellquist said:

@skiphunt said:
    Meh, just tried. I think I managed to get an image into SunVox via Dropbox and AudioShare. Actually imported into SunVox via Dropbox only and came in as a sampler module, but I can't get it to play like in the video. And yes, it's connected to an output. Will investigate further later via iPad. On an iPhone5 it's way too tedious.

I see the image more like an algorithm for the sound that will be played, via the keys, meaning a C5 will sound different than a C2, but still using the same sample, or in this case, image.

I didn't try the keyboard, but they aren't using the keyboard in the video you posted are they?

• @skiphunt said:

@hellquist said:

@skiphunt said:

I didn't try the keyboard, but they aren't using the keyboard in the video you posted are they?

He (Alexander) is. If you look at the keyboard you can see the keys being pressed.

• @hellquist said:

@skiphunt said:

@hellquist said:

@skiphunt said:

He (Alexander) is. If you look at the keyboard you can see the keys being pressed.

Ah. Ok thanks! Will give it another shot. I want to learn what kinds of images produce various sounds, then make images specifically with the intention of using them for sound.

• @hellquist said:

@skiphunt said:

@hellquist said:

@skiphunt said:

Very cool! Worked and got it looping too. Though, I didn't have to use AudioShare. I just did export from Dropbox, then selected Open In, then Import with SunVox. Had to already have SunVox launched, but the image came in as a sampler module that I could tweak, play and sequence.

I can do the same via going through AudioShare too, but is there any difference between the methods?

• @chimp_spanner said:
    Phonopaper is nuts! Just been scanning my room and getting weird sounds from the tv haha. SunVox looks intense. Would I be able to download (or create) an image on my iPad, edit and effect it, and then import? Phonopaper only seems to accept live camera feed.

You can print out templates from the apps website then draw wave forms with a pencil and create sounds.
    The templates have markers for notes do you can write/draw melodies.. it's really amazing

• @skiphunt said:

@hellquist said:

@skiphunt said:

@hellquist said:

@skiphunt said:

Very cool! Worked and got it looping too. Though, I didn't have to use AudioShare. I just did export from Dropbox, then selected Open In, then Import with SunVox. Had to already have SunVox launched, but the image came in as a sampler module that I could tweak, play and sequence.

I can do the same via going through AudioShare too, but is there any difference between the methods?

The main difference would be that your route is much more clever and smarter. In AudioShare I can't preview the image even when it is on Dropbox. AudioShare becomes a redundant step for this. In Dropbox you should be able to identify image before chosing "open in...". :)

• edited February 2017

@hellquist said:

@skiphunt said:

@hellquist said:

@skiphunt said:

@hellquist said:

@skiphunt said:

The main difference would be that your route is much more clever and smarter. In AudioShare I can't preview the image even when it is on Dropbox. AudioShare becomes a redundant step for this. In Dropbox you should be able to identify image before chosing "open in...". :)

Ok, that's what I figured. But your post said you use AudioShare with Dropbox and I could figure out why the extra AS step was needed.

Using AS does seem to do something different from going directly from DropBox, but I'm not certain what that is. Possibly, just converting the image file to something manageable by AudioShare. Though, the end result appears to be the same regardless..

• Came across this app VOSIS in FB iPad Musician group and came to think of this thread.
    https://itunes.apple.com/se/app/id783342051