Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jam Maestro Update Details.

Jam Maestro v2.0 will be finally completed within the next few days. New Features include:

• Audiobus support
  • AudioCopy support
  • Export to wav/m4a
  • Dropbox support
  • Stereo Panning
  • Pitch Bend/Slide ability
  • Effects: Delay, Reverb, EQ
  • Unlockable Effects: Chorus, Flanger, Vibrato, Tremolo
  • String muting whilst playing ability
  • New fret release type: Sweep
  • Precise BPM control
  • 4 new unlockable Guitar soundpacks: Shimmer, Stoner Doom, Bright Clean, Epic Lead
  • 2 new unlockable Bass soundpacks: Blacklisted, Hazzard
  • New 'Rock' Drum kit soundpack
  • All new graphics!
  • Plus many other improvements and fixes

Just got to do some more videos and then hopefully submit in a week or so...

Comments

• Sounds like a massive improvement. Bring it on

• Very nice! @mgmg4871...have you heard whether there will be an iPad ver or universal?

• @funjunkie I dont think there will be an ipad version. The app is designed so that you have to turn the orientation from landscape to portrait to access the editting menu. The recording and performance is done in landscape 2x on the ipad. I may be wrong about that though. Great app otherwise.

• Heya,

Yeah sorry, these things always take longer than planned! Update is pretty much done, just putting the finishing touches to it in the next couple of days, then got to do some new videos. If everything goes smoothly I might get to submit sometime around next weekend. Then typical review time is about 7-10 days, so assuming it passes the review any time after that !

Guess its about time I make some more social media announcements too eh :)

Cheers!
    Dave

• edited August 2013

.... surprise!

Hey guys. Glad you like the app :)

I've given up my lurker status and thought I'd actually wade in here myself.

@funjunkie27 no iPad version this time around I'm afraid. But it is like my number 1 requested feature (that and audiobus). I would love to do an iPad version but one step at a time. When I do the iPad version I want it to be designed to take advantage of the iPad, not just a copy of the iPhone version, as people can get that with the 2x button anyway. Unfortunately that means it is going to be a lot of work, like almost 'as much work as creating a brand new app' level of work. So circumstances have to be right before I embark on that. Right now though I've spent 2.5 years developing the iPhone version, and over one year of that has been full-time unpaid (pretty much 7 days a week) just living on savings! So I'm hoping v2.0 will be successful enough that it can support itself, otherwise I may have to share my time with earning some money from a more steady source!

I do have lots of plans though. Graphics took longer than expected to do for this version, but it did give me time to put in all the features (such as effects, sliding/bending, exporting etc) I wanted to implement before I did the iPad version. I really want to put in full midi sequencing ability though. Its my dream to be able to sequence animoog sounds with Jam Maestro. Want to use that animoog 'skyline' preset to create epic/dark soundscapes like this in the app: :) If I did that then full fledged DAW abilities aren't far off... depending on how good the new inter-app audio api is you could render the midi sequence from the external app straight into Jam Maestro. Or worst case scenario just record it in real time via audiobus input slot. But yeah, all fairly ambitious so don't expect any of that right now :)

@mgmg4871 sup! Thanks for JM love you been dealing out here :)

Dave

• @Dave My pleasure. Looking forward to the release, and hopefully some videos beforehand, but don't let the videos delay the update too long. Lol. It will only cost you one promo code to get thesoundtestroom to cut a video for you.

• Ooohh really. Maybe I will indulge him in that actually. Videos shouldn't take too long though, think I'm gonna do text rather than voice over this time, and display recorder rather than cam job. Not messing up the voice over and keeping your hand steady in front of the camera were the hardest parts last time. Having links to them from inside the app though, hence why I need to upload them prior to submit.

• I'm looking forward to the update -- there's some really clever stuff in the current version, and the new stuff sounds great. An iPad version would be most welcome. And +1 for getting a promo code to TheSoundtestRoom.

• edited August 2013

Cheers SecretBaseDesign! Means a lot coming from a fellow guitar dev :)

Maybe I shall message thesoundtestroom now... !

• edited August 2013

Here's a tutorial of the Jam Maestro before the update. Can't wait to see updated stuff.

• edited September 2013

Jam Maestro ver 2.0 submitted to Apple for review on Sept 5.

AB supported.

http://www.jammaestro.com/features/

• Morris, you may have just identified the guitar chord app I was looking for. Cheers!

• I have the original version, and it just got better. Should be ready any day now. Can't wait.

• Looking forward to this too!

• Lets hope it passes review! :) I noticed a bunch of rules for 'lite versions' of apps that could apply to the new free version (basically having any screens that are disabled), lets hope lite doesn't mean free+iap to full.