Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Vocal effect apps?

Anyone have any suggestions for effects apps that are fun/interesting to use on vocals? I have Voice Rack and it does the basics fairly well. What else?

Comments

• I picked up Vocalive for free (or very cheap, memory hazy) some time ago but it seemed redundant to my needs so I dropped it.

There is a free version that might be worth a look.

• Well, The Fabs in Auria. You can do a lot in IK's VocalLive, the usual suspects: iVoxel, Harmony Voice, but I think the NEO Q Voice Synth if you want to fiddle for fun and more is seriously good, and it was updated very recently. Of course all special voice kit magic potions should have Stereo Designer also :) Sure you'll get plenty of suggestions/preferences...

• Has anyone used Singaling?

• iVoxel is good.

• Importing into Nave is fun

• @gusgranite. I use Singaling. Think I got it at an intro price but either way good vocal app.
    I also have a few of the others mentioned here but VocaLive is my go to.

• @Ben said:
    @gusgranite. I use Singaling. Think I got it at an intro price but either way good vocal app.
    I also have a few of the others mentioned here but VocaLive is my go to.

Ta

• edited February 2017

Voice Machine (vocoder)
    Samvada (microtonal east scaling plus harmonizer vocoder)
    Zmh1 (harmonizer tool)
    Impaktor (used as vocoder)
    Turnado (bizarre mangler)

I need to try ivoxel but I'm also wonder the possibility of buying directly a talkbox :V

• @Dubbylabby Wait, Impaktor as a vocoder? How does that work? You mean you can use an external sound to trigger impaktor, instead of the microphone? Does it work as an FX in audiobus? When did this happen?

I haven't used it in a long while, but it is one of my favorite apps on iOS and I've always wanted to use it with other sounds, like using a sampled loop to trigger it, etc...

• Arctic has a vocoder, doesn't it? I've never really used it as such, having and preferring iVoxel.

• @pedro said:
    @Dubbylabby Wait, Impaktor as a vocoder? How does that work? You mean you can use an external sound to trigger impaktor, instead of the microphone? Does it work as an FX in audiobus? When did this happen?

I haven't used it in a long while, but it is one of my favorite apps on iOS and I've always wanted to use it with other sounds, like using a sampled loop to trigger it, etc...

Pedro just use a usb soundcard and talk through mic instead tap a surface.

• @Dubbylabby Oh, I understand now, thanks. Why didn't I think of that? I'll have to experiment that later on...

• edited February 2017

@pedro said:
    @Dubbylabby Oh, I understand now, thanks. Why didn't I think of that? I'll have to experiment that later on...

Try also route a groovebox into samvada or vocoder ;)

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Anyone have any suggestions for effects apps that are fun/interesting to use on vocals? I have Voice Rack and it does the basics fairly well. What else?

I have a bug report in to TC regarding the fact that the the Hard Tune module in Voice Rack AU deactivates itself when reopening a project In Cubasis and GB. Not sure if other modules are affected. But they've promised a fix.

• @Dubbylabby said:

Tell me more!

• @Dubbylabby said:

Can you spell out the steps in more detail? I tried this and got nothin'.

• I've been using the fxpansion ChanComp plug in Auria for most of my vocals. I've never used a real 1176 limiting amplifier, but this plug has been compared to it. I really like the color of this thing, especially on vocals.

• @supadom said:

@Dubbylabby said:

Tell me more!

There is not so much more... just plug a mic and free the noise!

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Dubbylabby said:

Can you spell out the steps in more detail? I tried this and got nothin'.

Plug a mic into a soundcard through cck usb adaptor, launch the app. Turn the mic icon and start beatbox (or whatever) meanwhile touch knobs and anything searching for interesting sound. I use it in the input slot of Audiobus for record samples into another apps like blocs wave and so on.

About voice machine, samvada and other vocoders suitable for output or fx I feed them with dm1 or similar rythmic app to record harmonic samples and weird fx ;)

• This whole impaktor thing gave me an idea. Has anyone tried using it with another ios device(or computer) with app that is link enabled? Like sequencing some drum with lets say imaschine on iphone, have it trigger impaktor on ipad and record to blocs wave(or other link enabled looper) on the ipad?

I tried setting it up to work like this internally, but since impaktor only works as ab input, i cant figure how to route the stuff to make it work without using external sound sources.

• @ToMess said:
    This whole impaktor thing gave me an idea. Has anyone tried using it with another ios device(or computer) with app that is link enabled? Like sequencing some drum with lets say imaschine on iphone, have it trigger impaktor on ipad and record to blocs wave(or other link enabled looper) on the ipad?

I tried setting it up to work like this internally, but since impaktor only works as ab input, i cant figure how to route the stuff to make it work without using external sound sources.

Enabled Link drum machine on iPhone > Audio output into input from impaktor second idevice > audiobus to desired looper.

Impaktor as not being updated (it seems impaktor2 coming sometime) is like a rough synth so fitting it into old idevices (4s and newer) give you the chance to almost syncro the source material. With older idevices just use it as standalone synth (which is one of the few functions I will get to my old iphone 4 when I could get something newer) ;)
    Old idevices are cheaper nowadays (under 80€ in my zone)

• voice synth!! awesome for vocals, and synths, or any audio really

• Anyone using Voice Rack FX ?

• @robosardine said:
    Anyone using Voice Rack FX ?

I like it. I love my TC hardware way more but its fun and can make some cool sounds.

• Last comment I made was about Humbletune apps... and here I go again! For vocal effects check out Voice Bot (vocoder with tweaking options) and Frekvens (cool voice mangler) - both cheap as chips

• OK thanks. Yes I was thinking more along the lines of a voice transformer (like the Roland Aira VT3 - the demos for which has inspired me) as opposed to the vocoder type. I shall look at them all though :)

• @robosardine said:
    Anyone using Voice Rack FX ?

Yes, but it has problems recalling state in AU mode. They promised a fix that never materialized.

• @JohnnyGoodyear : Voice synth looks great, plus there’s a good tutorial video. I never knew .. thanks!

• You can try MicSwap. It's free and works as an AU plugin.
    Linky --> https://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/future-moments/id895157892