Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus & ThumbJam = Wuhuuu

First...sadly the ios devices are a bit underpowered for the things i could do know but in theory you can connect all apps which support audiobus or virtual midi. For exampel i connected Alchemy, ThumbJam, SunrizerXS, GrainScience and NLog. Played it all over ThumbJam and recorded in NLog. So you can get much more apps as input (also if they don't support audiobus) over ThumbJam f.e.....but the hardware can't handle it (i tryed it on my iPhone 5)! But it's good to know what could be possible in the future with "stronger" devices! So i try to work around this. The future is here!!! Thx!

Comments

• What I have been doing is recording from a app and then taking it out of the audiobus mix so I don't get overload. I tested this using mdaw as output. I recorded from animoog, sunrizer, drumjam, and nlog. As I recorded each one I closed it down. No problems with playback on ipad 2. I will definitely looking at ipad 4 in future though.

• @Galaxyexplorer Interesting. Are you able to make a video of how you did that? I knew I could send MIDI from Alchemy but not Audio. Thanks.