Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What favorite 32-bit music apps are you going to miss?

123457»

Comments

• Thanks @Lacm1993

I'm showing an update for BeepBoop on Oct 31 2015, isn't that after the cutoff?

• TB Midi Stuff.

Almost bought it, but seems not updated for a few years. Its the only app that supports a full editor without the need of a PC.

• @Proto said:
    TB Midi Stuff.

Almost bought it, but seems not updated for a few years. Its the only app that supports a full editor without the need of a PC.

Hope in gets an update. But anyway, it works, and it's only 5 bucks.

• @DeVlaeminck said:

@Proto said:
    TB Midi Stuff.

Great to hear it works. Think I will buy it for my old iPad 2 to create a wireless midi controller for my air2. I just wrote an email to the dev and waiting for an answer.

Do you maybe know if it also possible to create lfo's with tb midi stuff ?

• Check this out:

For anyone having trouble knowing if their apps have compatibility issues, iOS 10.3 beta 4, (maybe it was there before but I had not notice) inside settings then general then information then apps, click on it, it will display a list of the apps that need to be updated for 64 bit compatibility, there are lots we are not even talking about here's my list:

• @Proto
    Sry, I don't think you can do lfos. Or other avtive elements for that matter.

• @DeVlaeminck said:
    @Proto
    Sry, I don't think you can do lfos. Or other avtive elements for that matter.

Thanks.

• @DeVlaeminck said:

@Proto said:
    TB Midi Stuff.

It's being worked on and will not go away - I asked the dev recently. There's also a new version in the works too.

• edited March 2017

@MusicInclusive said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

@Proto said:
    TB Midi Stuff.

It's being worked on and will not go away - I asked the dev recently. There's also a new version in the works too.

Good to hear, I've found TB MIDI Stuff to be the most straight forward roll your own MIDI app controller and it has a lot of functionality without needing any programmer skills.

• @InfoCheck said:

@MusicInclusive said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

@Proto said:
    TB Midi Stuff.

Good to hear, I've found TB MIDI Stuff to be the most straight forward roll your own MIDI app controller and it has a lot of functionality without needing any programmer skills.

Just purchased tb midi and like it a lot. Within 5 minutes I was controlling my air2 with my iPad 2 using the standard presets and a little help from midibridge.

The dev also said tb midi stuff is already 64 bit supported. Haven't seen an iOS warning message launching it for the first time. Great software.

• Twisted Electron - Professor from the list above has abandoned iOS.

Rollerchimp - Drum Studio is planning 64 bit updates before September "Hopefully a lot sooner."

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Twisted Electron - Professor from the list above has abandoned iOS.

Rollerchimp - Drum Studio is planning 64 bit updates before September "Hopefully a lot sooner."

GTK. Still my favorite drum app on iOS alongside DrumPerfect Pro. :+1:

• edited March 2017

There's 6,473 to choose from apparently!!!!

• @hacked_to_pieces said:

@gmslayton said:
    Is there an easy way to tell if an app is 32-bit?

When you start a 32 bit app your warned that the app may slow your system down.
    http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/06/15/ios-10-warns-users-when-opening-legacy-apps-not-encoded-in-64-bit

Ha! Noticed the warning in a number of apps, but didn’t think about the impact on future updates. That’s quite a bummer! Might prevent me from updating to iOS 11 if, as the rumour has it, Apple prevents us from using 32bit apps there.
    At the same time, much of my musicking is on a 3rd Generation iPad running iOS 9, these days. Will probably start missing on a lot of updates, once everyone transitions to requiring iOS 10. But things are fine, for now.

• @MusicInclusive said:
    What favorite 32-bit music apps are you going to miss on future systems that run iOS 11?

Standalone Alchemy will be one for me... :anguished:

Didn’t realize this had been a thing! Must have cost a fortune, if it was in the Camel Audio days! How was the interface? Could you import arbitrary samples and waveforms?

But maybe Apple will create a new version? If they want to position iOS as a Pro platform, making such apps would be quite helpful.

• Flying Haggis. Must contact the dev.