Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: DRC desktop AU issues, anyone else? (SOLVED)

edited January 2017 in Other

Bought the desktop version of DRC for use in Logic (10.3) on Sierra, and it's crash city. The standalone version won't even open and in Logic it crashes / fails AU validation and can't be used. Anyone else buy this version and having issues with it? Any workarounds in sight?

SOLVED: Big respect for the dudes at Imaginando for spending their Sunday working out a bug in the system. All is well, DRC running in Logic as an AU is a glorious thing!

Comments

• I have the older vst and it works fine. I couldn't find any reference on their website to the au (when it was anounced here on the forum) or I would have tried it. Have you got a link to the au version?

• @Richtowns said:
    I have the older vst and it works fine. I couldn't find any reference on their website to the au (when it was anounced here on the forum) or I would have tried it. Have you got a link to the au version?

I believe the AU is hot off the press. Give the developers a shout and I'm sure they'll point you in the right direction!

• Glad they're getting it taken care of. I just downloaded the installer from their site, and 1) the installer's Customize Install only lists the VST and 2) the AU crashes both Hosting AU and the auval tool for current version of Logic Pro. Maybe not the best debut of an AU. :neutral:

• @overorange said:
    Glad they're getting it taken care of. I just downloaded the installer from their site, and 1) the installer's Customize Install only lists the VST and 2) the AU crashes both Hosting AU and the auval tool for current version of Logic Pro. Maybe not the best debut of an AU. :neutral:

Growing Pains! I imagine those guys will have it straightened out very quickly. They spent the better part of today tweaking the component file based on similar issues. I can say this, it's a new beast on the desktop with a proper DAW to drive it. :o

• I'll try it as soon as it's working. I haven't spent much time with the iOS version, though I bought the IAP. I do know it sounds unique, and it would be cool to have it in both environments.

• @overorange, what kind of crash are you having? Can you send me a crash report? It's is very important for us to have the stack trace that comes in the crash report so we can track the problem down. Send me a private message or send us a message through our website contact form. Thx!

• The only issues I'm having is that DRC complains about 5 devices and after closing the DRC window the Logic 'main window' gets very un-responsive.

Then again it might be that DRC is too CPU-Hungry for my ageing 2013 MacBook Air with 45% CPU usage with one instance of DRC and nothing else...

• edited February 2017

@sinosoidal said:
    @overorange, what kind of crash are you having? Can you send me a crash report? It's is very important for us to have the stack trace that comes in the crash report so we can track the problem down. Send me a private message or send us a message through our website contact form. Thx!

I just installed the current version, and I get no crashes in any host now. I also actually saw the AU in the installer, which I didn't see before.

Unfortunately, like Samu is seeing, LPX gets very unresponsive when using DRC to the point that I'm just not interested in trying to work with it anymore. I'm on a 2012 quad core Mac mini with 16Gb of RAM, plenty of disk space, and the current versions of Logic and Sierra. Best of luck getting it sorted.