Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Colossus Piano

Would like to hear some observations good or bad on any of the three pianos from the upright( mostly interested in) to the grand daddy of them all

Comments

• Too expensive for my blood and too many gigabytes... But the upcoming E-Piano sound set will be hard to resist and they tweeted it'll be affordable - I hope that means a lot less than the Colossus Concert Grand. I've been waiting for a quality sampled electric piano AU.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3mXf09WIAIknDI.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3MrZ3hWMAE4LOr.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3GjAbEXcAEiuqp.jpg

• I have the Colossus grand piano.. I initially balked at the price but I can tell you that it's worth every cent. The detail, resonance samples, etc. Just brilliant

• @firejan82 : I wasn't aware of the upcoming electric piano set.

• edited February 2017

@firejan82 said:
    Too expensive for my blood and too many gigabytes... But the upcoming E-Piano sound set will be hard to resist and they tweeted it'll be affordable - I hope that means a lot less than the Colossus Concert Grand. I've been waiting for a quality sampled electric piano AU.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3mXf09WIAIknDI.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3MrZ3hWMAE4LOr.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3GjAbEXcAEiuqp.jpg

Thanks for responding to this thread. Yup I saw on Crudebytes twitter mention of an update( affordable!) so I've been waiting to see what's on offer. So it looks like some electrics coming soon. I have iGrand, CMP Piano
    Including the Bechstein grand and other quite good pianos in other apps. Very tempted by any of the pianos on offer right now. But sometimes I think maybe it would be better to just properly mic my real piano and get it all there in a take

• @Telstar5 said:
    I have the Colossus grand piano.. I initially balked at the price but I can tell you that it's worth every cent. The detail, resonance samples, etc. Just brilliant

I'm sure it is. I saw a video of you tickling the ivories in a music shop..very nice indeed so I trust your assessment of Colossus. At the moment it's $69.99 Canadian so I'm on that fence we all from time to time sit on but I'm also quite curious to see their electric piano offerings too

• I'd definitely get the EP's...any ETA?

• The image of the eightyeight electric was posted on their twitter within the last hour but no specific release date....soon let's hope

• @Telstar5 said:
    I have the Colossus grand piano.. I initially balked at the price but I can tell you that it's worth every cent. The detail, resonance samples, etc. Just brilliant

If you don't mind me asking but did you buy the white grand and upright pianos too,and if so what's your take on them?

• Thanks for your kind words and no, I bought the big brown one.. You can draw velocity curves right on the app. I just bought a Yamaha NP 32 and I can tell you that brown 14gig is in a class by yourself.. If you spend any time at all playing piano, you'll thank yourself every time you fire it up. I don't even like acoustic piano as much as I like a good Rhodes but this app makes me like it more .. Buy, buy, buy

• @Telstar5 said:
    Thanks for your kind words and no, I bought the big brown one.. You can draw velocity curves right on the app. I just bought a Yamaha NP 32 and I can tell you that brown 14gig is in a class by yourself.. If you spend any time at all playing piano, you'll thank yourself every time you fire it up. I don't even like acoustic piano as much as I like a good Rhodes but this app makes me like it more .. Buy, buy, buy

Just what I like to hear! I love to play and compose at the piano so at the moment I'm off the fence......... :)

• @Telstar5 said:
    Thanks for your kind words and no, I bought the big brown one.. You can draw velocity curves right on the app. I just bought a Yamaha NP 32 and I can tell you that brown 14gig is in a class by yourself.. If you spend any time at all playing piano, you'll thank yourself every time you fire it up. I don't even like acoustic piano as much as I like a good Rhodes but this app makes me like it more .. Buy, buy, buy

Have you tried this as an AU in GarageBand? That's where I would like to use it

• Nope.. But I think it's AU compatible..
    Here was my excuse for buying it:
    I thought that every time I played piano on iOS, I would think about Collosus, where as if I bought it, eventually I'd forget about the $50.
    Beer money

• Demos sound great. With that engine Maybe they can become the Spectrasonics of iOS

• @Telstar5 said:
    Nope.. But I think it's AU compatible..
    Here was my excuse for buying it:
    I thought that every time I played piano on iOS, I would think about Collosus, where as if I bought it, eventually I'd forget about the $50.
    Beer money

What kind of beer do you drink? :o

• @realdavidai said:
    Demos sound great. With that engine Maybe they can become the Spectrasonics of iOS

Are there demos for the e-pianos?

• @Arpseechord said:

@realdavidai said:
    Demos sound great. With that engine Maybe they can become the Spectrasonics of iOS

Apologies, I meant demos for the Acoustic Pianos...I'm assuming if they can get these right they can get the e-pianos right as well,

• @realdavidai said:

@Arpseechord said:

@realdavidai said:

Apologies, I meant demos for the Acoustic Pianos...I'm assuming if they can get these right they can get the e-pianos right as well,

Ok :) I thought I was missing something lol
    Keep checking my updates for this app!

• Developer just mentioned on twitter that it will be out in two weeks

• @realdavidai said:
    Developer just mentioned on twitter that it will be out in two weeks

ah thanks for the info can't wait! Should be exceptional

• @realdavidai said:

Damn! More than three weeks passed. These days it seems like estimating a release date for developers is harder than guessing the lottery numbers.

• @firejan82 said:

@realdavidai said:

Damn! More than three weeks passed. These days it seems like estimating a release date for developers is harder than guessing the lottery numbers.

Yup the waiting is a killer

• it's here

• edited March 2017

don't know how much it costs yet but there's a video

• Just updated, tried downloading the sounds to hear the demos and there's no response from iTunes server :#

• Same here, wanna know how much. My guess is 40 euro....

• that is too much and at the same time optimistic since it's a pack of 5...

• @firejan82 said:
    Same here, wanna know how much. My guess is 40 euro....

Kind of annoying but we'll give them a little bit of time to sort this out. Didn't they say a reasonable lower price for the e- pianos? If around 40 euro ....lets hope not, maybe they might have a sale on the pianos within the app too, who knows :)

• @firejan82 said:
    don't know how much it costs yet but there's a video

Does sound very very good though!

• Exciting...I'll download tonight after work

• still nothing... I wonder if the developer is aware of the situation...