Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gadget tempo issue with link (solved)

With link enabled but not connected to any other apps im getting minor tempo fluctuations in gadget.
If I disable link everything is fine. Anyone else experiencing this ?

I normally have link permanently enabled in gadget regardless of whether I’m connecting with other apps or not.

Comments

• Hmmmm, I have on occasion thought that I heard tiny tempo change....then thought it must just be me....I'll keep an eye on this and if I think the tempo has fluctuated I'll check link status.

• Cheers Andy.
    Thinking about it, tempo fluctuation possibly isn't the correct way to describe it. But it's not quite a glitch either. it's difficult to describe But quite easy to replicate. Try entering a run of the same note in the piano roll and play back. With link enabled the notes don't play back perfectly in time .. there's minute hesitation on some notes!?

• I've found tempo's not syncing with a few linked apps recently, will make a note next time but pretty sure it's happened with Gadget

• encenc
    edited February 2017

• I've had this some time ago. Was evident on a run of closed hihats. The second time gadget has shown some timing issues on iOS. They need to pay attention to these details or it's just unusable

• Never had any issues with link and gadget. What apps are you syncing it with?

• Doesn't need to be linked to anything. I'll try to upload a recording to demonstrate.

• This happened to me recently. I noticed when I recorded out (Gadget > Cubasis) there was a slight jump every other time through the loop, almost like a swing setting kicking in. I didn't check to see if it was a Link issue.

• Well it syncs with others fine for me. If you're not syncing it, just turn it off. Problem solved. Unless you really like the constant blue bar going back and forth at the top.

• @jc-maluca said:
    This happened to me recently. I noticed when I recorded out (Gadget > Cubasis) there was a slight jump every other time through the loop, almost like a swing setting kicking in. I didn't check to see if it was a Link issue.

Hmm, kinda sounds like it. Did you sort it ?

• @enc said:

@jc-maluca said:
    This happened to me recently. I noticed when I recorded out (Gadget > Cubasis) there was a slight jump every other time through the loop, almost like a swing setting kicking in. I didn't check to see if it was a Link issue.

Hmm, kinda sounds like it. Did you sort it ?

cubasis doesn't have link does it?

• It appears to be a link issue. Switched link off and timing is fine. Sort this out Korg. Really disappointing that once again there are timing issues. Similar issue some months ago which was solved by a bug fix

• Question, why do certain areas get grayed out and won't play anymore?

Is that a button I am pressing or a bug?

• Updating this incase anybody searches for the same issue. Problem turned out to be the audio latency setting. I had it set to 1024. Changing it to 512 cured the timing glitch. Latency settings are found in the main settings function not within the app.... happy chappy
    Now to install the new presets :-)

• @enc said:
    Updating this incase anybody searches for the same issue. Problem turned out to be the audio latency setting. I had it set to 1024. Changing it to 512 cured the timing glitch. Latency settings are found in the main settings function not within the app.... happy chappy
    Now to install the new presets :-)

Seems to have done the trick. Thank you! Odd one though!