Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Evolution Mobile DAW

Comments

• edited July 2018

@dwrae I've been playing with the midi cc automation, and I can't seem to figure out how to make it work. I would normally expect to select a note that I want to affect the change to, and then use my finger to set the value. Currently, I see a green indicator dot at the bottom of the screen, and if I push it I can increase or decrease the value (between 0-127), and a line showing the amount shows up. However, the line doesn't seem to update to show the corresponding increase or decrease of value. I hope this makes sense. It is possible that I'm not understanding the proper way to go about things when automating Midi CCs. Could you please double check to see if you see any problems in that part of the program? Thanks!

Edit: I'm seeing this in the iPhone version that I'm testing.

• @Audiojunkie said:
    @dwrae I've been playing with the midi cc automation, and I can't seem to figure out how to make it work. I would normally expect to select a note that I want to affect the change to, and then use my finger to set the value. Currently, I see a green indicator dot at the bottom of the screen, and if I push it I can increase or decrease the value (between 0-127), and a line showing the amount shows up. However, the line doesn't seem to update to show the corresponding increase or decrease of value. I hope this makes sense. It is possible that I'm not understanding the proper way to go about things when automating Midi CCs. Could you please double check to see if you see any problems in that part of the program? Thanks!

I'll check it out, thanks. Please note that CC's are not 'attached' to a note, they can be placed at any position in time.

• @Audiojunkie said:

Works here. To add, select Draw mode, Control Change and the control change you wish to add. Then tap and hold and draw the curve (if you want to draw multiple events). If you want to change an event, go into Edit mode and tap and slide over the existing events.

• @dwrae said:

@Audiojunkie said:

Works here. To add, select Draw mode, Control Change and the control change you wish to add. Then tap and hold and draw the curve (if you want to draw multiple events). If you want to change an event, go into Edit mode and tap and slide over the existing events.

@dwrae

I've tried again, following your instructions, and it does seem to work occasionally. There is something that is inconsistent though. I'm sure that I just need to learn the trick to it, but I haven't figured it out. It's really hit and miss. Sometimes when I tap, just the midi play-roll background moves. Sometimes, I just get a purple selection square. Occasionally, I can draw the notes. It's almost as if there are too many options that are functionally capable with a single tap or similar. It's as if press and hold does something, tap does something else, etc. If timing is not close enough, I don't get the function I'm trying to use. I really hope that makes sense. I'm not sure how to describe it better. I appreciate your efforts!!!

• @Audiojunkie said:
    @dwrae

I've tried again, following your instructions, and it does seem to work occasionally. There is something that is inconsistent though. I'm sure that I just need to learn the trick to it, but I haven't figured it out. It's really hit and miss. Sometimes when I tap, just the midi play-roll background moves. Sometimes, I just get a purple selection square. Occasionally, I can draw the notes. It's almost as if there are too many options that are functionally capable with a single tap or similar. It's as if press and hold does something, tap does something else, etc. If timing is not close enough, I don't get the function I'm trying to use. I really hope that makes sense. I'm not sure how to describe it better. I appreciate your efforts!!!

Very true. Unfortunately, we don't have the luxury of a right-mouse, alt or shift key here.

Draw mode:

• Quickly slide after a tap scrolls the area
    • With Control change active, tap-and-hold will never give the selection rectangle, but will start adding the control change. When you move after tap-and-hold, control changes will be added

Edit Mode:

• Tap-and-hold over an existing control change will change that control change value
    • Tap-and-hold over an area without a control change, will commence selecting
  • @dwrae said:

@Audiojunkie said:
    @dwrae

Very true. Unfortunately, we don't have the luxury of a right-mouse, alt or shift key here.

Draw mode:

• With Control change active, tap-and-hold will never give the selection rectangle, but will start adding the control change. When you move after tap-and-hold, control changes will be added

Edit Mode:

• Tap-and-hold over an existing control change will change that control change value
    • Tap-and-hold over an area without a control change, will commence selecting

Thank you! This is very helpful! It is quite difficult to get any accuracy, but I'm at least making progress with this information. Might it be possible to increase the sensing area for each tap and hold function somehow to improve accuracy?

• Thanks for this latest update. I’ve been giving it a workout today and it seems much more stable.

• Audio Evolution Mobile Studio 2.0.0 released with iPhone support! :)

• Added iPhone support!
    • Bluetooth LE MIDI keyboards can now be used. An option to scan for such devices is added to the ‘More’ menu
    • When recording from MIDI keyboard with the piano roll display active, no new clip is created anymore and new MIDI events are added to the clip that is being edited
    • When starting playback or arming a track, some audio of the previous playback could be heard. This effect has now been reduced.
    • When switching audio device (USB audio interface, headphones), the project could play at a wrong sample rate. Solved.

Please let me know if you find any issues.

• This is great news! Nice work, @dwrae

• @dwrae said:
    Audio Evolution Mobile Studio 2.0.0 released with iPhone support! :)

• Added iPhone support!
    • Bluetooth LE MIDI keyboards can now be used. An option to scan for such devices is added to the ‘More’ menu
    • When recording from MIDI keyboard with the piano roll display active, no new clip is created anymore and new MIDI events are added to the clip that is being edited
    • When starting playback or arming a track, some audio of the previous playback could be heard. This effect has now been reduced.
    • When switching audio device (USB audio interface, headphones), the project could play at a wrong sample rate. Solved.

Yay!!!

• @Audiojunkie said:

@dwrae said:
    Audio Evolution Mobile Studio 2.0.0 released with iPhone support! :)

• Added iPhone support!

Yay!!!

This app really is a lot like Auria! The added bonus is that it works great on the iPhone! :smile: It is the most straight-forward DAW for the iPhone!! :smiley: I have a new favorite!!!

I bought all of the effects apps too! It will be nice to have all of those ToneBoosters apps inside!!!

I'm sure you will need a well deserved rest, Davy. But can we start making feature/improvement requests?

Here are a couple from me:

--I am a Linux desktop user. Currently, the only way I can see to delete projects is to delete the entire app and start fresh. It would be nice to have the ability to delete projects from within the app.
    --The automation draw lines are a little thin. I can barely see them. Can they be made a bit thicker so that they can be seen better?

That's it so far! Congratulations!!! I'm very excited about this application!!!! Thank you for your hard work!!!

• edited August 2018

@Audiojunkie said:
    This app really is a lot like Auria! The added bonus is that it works great on the iPhone! :smile: It is the most straight-forward DAW for the iPhone!! :smiley: I have a new favorite!!!

I bought all of the effects apps too! It will be nice to have all of those ToneBoosters apps inside!!!

I'm sure you will need a well deserved rest, Davy. But can we start making feature/improvement requests?

--I am a Linux desktop user. Currently, the only way I can see to delete projects is to delete the entire app and start fresh. It would be nice to have the ability to delete projects from within the app.
    --The automation draw lines are a little thin. I can barely see them. Can they be made a bit thicker so that they can be seen better?

That's it so far! Congratulations!!! I'm very excited about this application!!!! Thank you for your hard work!!!

Rest? I only just got started! :)
    In the Project menu, you'll find 'Delete project'. If you have a WebDAV client, you can also start the media server from the Project menu, connect to your iDevice and delete projects that way.

I'll look into the line thickness, thanks! And thanks for your purchases!

• @dwrae said:

@Audiojunkie said:

In the Project menu, you'll find 'Delete project'. If you have a WebDAV client, you can also start the media server from the Project menu, connect to your iDevice and delete projects that way.

Ah! You’re right!! I didn’t know that menu scrolled!! There are a lot more features there than I realized!! Thanks for your guidance!!

• @dwrae said:

@Audiojunkie said:

Sorry to bother you. I've run into another problem/question/feature request. I can't seem to make MIDI AU plugins work. Plugins such as StepPolyArpUnit AU or Rozeta AU or Physicles, etc.

StepPolyArpUnit doesn't show up at all. Rozeta shows up and loads, but I don't see a way to route it to another synth track to control/manipulate the track.

I recognize that it could just be something I'm doing wrong. I checked the manual, but I couldn't find what I was looking for, so I decided to write. :smile: @dwrae

• @Audiojunkie said:
    I recognize that it could just be something I'm doing wrong. I checked the manual, but I couldn't find what I was looking for, so I decided to write. :smile: @dwrae

No, MIDI plug-ins are not supported (yet). Next version has thicker lines for automation and is waiting for review at Apple.

• @dwrae said:

@Audiojunkie said:

No, MIDI plug-ins are not supported (yet). Next version has thicker lines for automation and is waiting for review at Apple.

Great!! Thanks!!

• @dwrae said:

@Audiojunkie said:

BTW, I'm having a problem with importing some of my soundfonts. It seems that single soundfonts (even with multiple patches) work fine, but soundfont banks with multiple patches won't load. I've got some nice EMU banks that I can't get to load. Any ideas? Would you like me to send you the soundfont? The message I get when trying to import it is:

Couldn't open file /private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/E2684AAD-1512-43B9-996B-44B632E9FC20/Documents/Inbox/Proteus1 Presets-2.Sf2!

The file name is: Proteus1 Presets.Sf2

Any ideas? @dwrae

• @Audiojunkie said:
    Couldn't open file /private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/E2684AAD-1512-43B9-996B-44B632E9FC20/Documents/Inbox/Proteus1 Presets-2.Sf2!

Any ideas? @dwrae

It's best to use the media server and copy them into the SoundFonts folder of the app, otherwise it will not find it.

• @dwrae said:

@Audiojunkie said:

Any ideas? @dwrae

It's best to use the media server and copy them into the SoundFonts folder of the app, otherwise it will not find it.

OK. Thank you!

• Great DAW. Makes other apps look like toys.
    Here are some feature requests to make it even better:

• Transport controls always visible, even when large plugin GUIs are being displayed.

• Ability to skip through the song by sliding on the project overview display.

• Large volume sliders on the mixer for smoother control.

• The app icon shows clipping signal panned to the right (Why does this bother me?). :)

• You guys know in September the new iPhone plus is coming w 3gig RAM and a 6.5’ screen, right? Even the cheap one will be 6.1

• @Telstar5 said:
    You guys know in September the new iPhone plus is coming w 3gig RAM and a 6.5’ screen, right? Even the cheap one will be 6.1

Ooh! I hope you’re right!! My two year mark with my iPhone 7 Plus will be coming up soon! :smile:

• @Audiojunkie : I KNOW I’m right . The cheaper LTE 6.1 screen one will come in around $500 usd . The 6.5 3 gig powerhouse will be double that prob. Google it

• edited August 2018

@dwrae : I’m in your store now . How about an “everything “bundle so that we can just get all the goodies in one fell swoop?
    BTW , thanks for your Tim Webb videos. Excellent !
    Also I just updated and see that I can use my Korg MikroKEY air Bluetooth controller.. Doesn’t get much better than that!

• Just bought this. Any daw supporting auv3 and iphone is worth a punt in my book. Good luck with it @dwrae

• Being able to load SF2's that play with low latency on my iPhone is definately worth $6. The manual doesn't seem to explain how (at least when using SF2 to search). The IAP's for Effects are reasonably priced and sound good to me.

TIP: To add samples or soundfonts to AEM you need to use the "Mobile Server" function which makes the app:

1. a mini-web server with a web page for file management
    2. or a WebDav server which most desktop File Mangers support

I clicked on 4 big SF2's and it batch loaded them into the App and they are then sound libraries I can immediately use for internal instruments.

• edited August 2018

@gregsmith said:
    Just bought this. Any daw supporting auv3 and iphone is worth a punt in my book. Good luck with it @dwrae

I guess I missed it... Auv3? Well that change everything..

Thanks...

Edit... is there a video on this updated app anywhere?

Thanks..

• @RajahP said:

@gregsmith said:
    Just bought this. Any daw supporting auv3 and iphone is worth a punt in my book. Good luck with it @dwrae

I guess I missed it... Auv3? Well that change everything..

Thanks...

Edit... is there a video on this updated app anywhere?

Thanks..

@thesoundtestroom Doug! Video of AEM Demo please. I'd love to hear the Orchestra and maybe some more SoundFont packages of note too. Maybe a short series of Apps to get Affiliate credit before the cutoff. This one is hot!

• I tried to couple AEM with Xequence, but AEM cannot see Xequence at all.

To be sure, I also started Cubasis, AUM, BeatMaker 3 and Auria Pro, and all of them did show up.

Bug?