Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Evolution Mobile DAW

Comments

• Great to hear!

• Hi, is it possible to record a multi track recording from an rme interface via usb c to a galaxy 8 and then export the file to ableton to be mixed etc? D Trump.

• @Disneyduckfart said:
    Hi, is it possible to record a multi track recording from an rme interface via usb c to a galaxy 8 and then export the file to ableton to be mixed etc? D Trump.

Sorry, I missed this one. In theory, yes. However, the more channels a device has (and RME devices tend to have a lot!), the more chances there are on audio glitches because it's not a kernel driver. Note that you are talking about the Android version here.

• A massive update to Audio Evolution Mobile Studio for iOS has been released today (version 1.1.9) :

• The graphics in the time line area are now drawn much faster (GPU accelerated)
    • Added ToneBoosters Ferox tape-simulator plug-in
    • Added count-in feature to Tempo dialog
    • Reworked file browser: files now have a menu selection in front with sharing options etc.
    • Added Stereo Widener effect
    • After mix-down, the File browser now pops up to the MixDowns folder of the project
    • 20 new soundfonts by Digital Sound Factory were added to the SoundFont shop, featuring many vintage synthesizers and orchestral instruments:
      ARP 2600.SF2
      ARP Axxe.SF2
      ARP Solina Strings.SF2
      Clavinet.SF2
      Elka Rhapsody.SF2 (free!!)
      JD800.SF2
      Jupiter 8.SF2
      JX8P.SF2
      Memory Moog.SF2
      OB-Xa.SF2
      Orchestral Brass.SF2
      Orchestral Percussion.SF2
      Orchestral Small Section Strings.SF2
      Orchestral Winds.SF2
      Prophet 10.SF2
      Prophet 600.SF2
      Rhodes Electric Piano.SF2
      TB303.SF2
      Wurlitzer Electric Piano.SF2
      Yamaha CP-70.SF2

• The soundfont shop now also contains the following discount packs, saving around 30% compared to buying the individual soundfonts:
      Drum Kit pack
      Orchestral pack
      Synth pack 1 (7 of the new synths)
      Synth pack 2 (8 of the new synths)

• Project templates: save project as a template and start a new project from a template.

• Added the option to load and save user presets for effects.
    • Added an option to the settings to enable velocity for the virtual keyboard depending on the vertical touch position
    • On the virtual keyboard screen, short tap on Sustain now toggles the sustain on/off. Long-tap will keep sustain for the duration of the tap.
    • The soundfont dialog now scrolls to the current soundfont/bank/preset
    • When several sound fonts were present, the default sound font was not always set to GeneralUser.sf2, which could lead to problems when importing MIDI files.
    • The pop-up menu is now blocked when setting the time stretch point visually
    • The rotation knob preference setting did not show the correct value. Solved.
    • Automation wasn’t correct when playing loops. Solved.
    • Swiping the area above the mixer now scrolls through the mixer channels
    • Solved crash when undo-ing importing of a MIDI file
    • Applying 'Fade in/out', Reverse or Pitch Shift on a trimmed clip would cause an exception and a clip with a negative or shortened length. Solved.
    • Reduced CPU usage when displaying Toneboosters effects
    • When a MIDI program change is encountered and the soundfont does not contain the preset number, the program change is now ignored. Previously, no sound would be produced.
    • If a preset is selected in the instrument selection dialog, it will remove any program change from the first second of the MIDI track, to make sure the selected instrument will not be overruled.
    • Solved a MIDI loop issue
    • Zooming in Edit mode could start editing. Solved.
    • Changed several effect parameters that control frequency to behave exponential (BandPass, LowPass, etc.)
    • Editing a MIDI clip could result in the first event in the clip not playing. Solved.
    • Solved a crash with arming a track in mixer view
    • Changing the note length of MIDI events by using the white markers was not always quantised. Solved.
    • The IAA play/stop state is now passed correctly.
  • edited September 2017

Tried this when it first appeared and found a lot to admire, but it still hasn’t added Dropbox or AudioShare integration.

• @Zen210507 said:
    Tried this when it first appeared and found a lot to admire, but it still hasn’t added Dropbox or AudioShare integration.

DropBox will come, but AudioShare has been in there for months already. Please use the file browser, then tap on the 3-dot icon for the item you want to send to AudioShare.

• @dwrae said:
    DropBox will come, but AudioShare has been in there for months already. Please use the file browser, then tap on the 3-dot icon for the item you want to send to AudioShare.

>

Excellent. I just took another look at your App Store description, and can’t see AudioShare mentioned. So might be good idea to add this info.

As for Dropbox, it is pretty much essential for me. So I’ll be much keener to use and support AudioEvolution once this arrives. Any idea as to when?

Also, it really would be a game changer if you could do a deal to use Fab Filters with the app.

• Very nice update, but I'm finding that if I use the count-in then the notes i play appear on the piano roll about half a bar late. (My timing isn't THAT bad.)

• @Purpan said:
    Very nice update, but I'm finding that if I use the count-in then the notes i play appear on the piano roll about half a bar late. (My timing isn't THAT bad.)

LOL! No, that would be a bug, I'll look into it.

• @Purpan said:
    Very nice update, but I'm finding that if I use the count-in then the notes i play appear on the piano roll about half a bar late. (My timing isn't THAT bad.)

By the way, can you post the sequence of steps for that? I just created an instrument track, enabled count-in, put the time marker on bar 3, pressed arm to get to the virtual keyboard, pressed record and after playing some notes, stopping and checking the notes in the time line area and piano roll, they are on the spot that they should be.

• @dwrae said:

@Purpan said:

By the way, can you post the sequence of steps for that? I just created an instrument track, enabled count-in, put the time marker on bar 3, pressed arm to get to the virtual keyboard, pressed record and after playing some notes, stopping and checking the notes in the time line area and piano roll, they are on the spot that they should be.

I just did exactly as you did - time marker on bar 3, count-in set to two bars. The notes recorded 1/8 bar late.

• The GUI appears more crisp to me now - or am I imagining that?

• @Aud_iOS said:
    The GUI appears more crisp to me now - or am I imagining that?

I think that's imagination :)

• I just did exactly as you did - time marker on bar 3, count-in set to two bars. The notes recorded 1/8 bar late.

Does the buffer size play a role?

• So when do you estimate you’ll be adding Dropbox?

• We don't want Dropbox we want document picker

• @Zen210507 said:
    So when do you estimate you’ll be adding Dropbox?

We have the code, it just needs testing, but stabilizing has higher priority at the moment

• @BiancaNeve said:
    We don't want Dropbox we want document picker

That's already in. You can select AEM as target in other apps and using the File Browser's 3-dots icons you can choose 'Open with'

• iPhone version still coming?

• edited September 2017

@JonLewis said:
    iPhone version still coming?

The beta is kick ass

• @JonLewis said:
    iPhone version still coming?

Absolutely. The only remaining issue is the fixed hardware sample rate of 48000Hz when using the speaker on recent iPhones, in combination with AudioBus.

• @dwrae said:

I just did exactly as you did - time marker on bar 3, count-in set to two bars. The notes recorded 1/8 bar late.

Does the buffer size play a role?

I don't think so. I've tried at 128 and 256 and it's the same.

• @BiancaNeve said:

>

You speak for yourself. :)

Obviously, as my question has now been ignored twice Dropbox is considered an afterthought,

• edited September 2017

@Zen210507 said:

@BiancaNeve said:

>

You speak for yourself. :)

Obviously, as my question has now been ignored twice Dropbox is considered an afterthought,

AEM is linked to Dropbox to the extent that when in Dropbox, AEM is available as an "Open In"... and when in AEM one can export (.wav and .prj) to Dropbox as an "Open In" as well. No button to directly import/export from/to DB, as with AS, but only one extra touch to send to DB, and the rest of the Open Ins.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    AEM is linked to Dropbox to the extent that when in Dropbox, AEM is available as an "Open In"... and when in AEM one can export (.wav and .prj) to Dropbox as an "Open In" as well. No button to directly import/export from/to DB, as with AS, but only one extra touch to send to DB, and the rest of the Open Ins.

>

Oh, okay. I sit corrected. Thanks for the explanation. This method will do.

• The document picker includes access to Dropbox OneDrive iCloud rather than just Dropbox....

• @BiancaNeve said:
    The document picker includes access to Dropbox OneDrive iCloud rather than just Dropbox....

>

Better and better.

• edited September 2017

I don't think I have ignored your question though. The DropBox support subproject was implemented in parallel to the new features and fixes in 1.1.9. If we didn't think it was important, we wouldn't have put effort into it. And what is an afterthought actually, there are always priorities in these kind of projects, one cannot do everything at once.

Note that the Dropbox integration will (just like Google Drive ) be deeper than the basic 'Open with/in'.

• @dwrae said:
    Note that the Dropbox integration will (just like Google Drive ) be deeper than the basic 'Open with/in'.

>

Pleased to hear it. :) I’m playing with the app this morning, as the potentially fatal flaw with Auria Pro means I’d be unwise to carry on my projects there until it is fixed.

Tried using Document Picker to import from Dropbox selecting AE as destination, but can’t find the file. So a straightforward Dropbox viewer, place file here would be great.

• edited October 2017

soooo, any reason why playback stops when i close the editor in order to return to the time line view?
    to me this is a huuuuuge show stopper: stopping playback to do any sort of edit.
    and restarting playback after i finished an edit

the same goes for undo operation: stopping playback to undo an edit is a major league show stopper