Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Evolution Mobile DAW

Comments

• edited February 2017

@dermichl said:
    @dwrae you're FAST responding for sure :)

editing clips (open, edit, close) without stopping playback is a matter of workflow - it's at least crucial to me.

I'm going to be honest in saying that this won't be an option any time soon, at least not for moving around clips etc.

zooming in the drum editor is related to the looping issue - i was trying to zoom OUT to see 2 whole bars not the other way round!

Yes, zooming out would make the grid smaller. :)

edit: got the touch action -> solved/answered thanks

• @dwrae said:

@dermichl said:

editing clips (open, edit, close) without stopping playback is a matter of workflow - it's at least crucial to me.

I'm going to be honest in saying that this won't be an option any time soon, at least not for moving around clips etc.

Regarding the above - @dwrae you mention "moving around clips" ~ which might be different. Does this mean it won't be possible to add in a new instrument track, fx, etc., without stopping playback?

• @Ocsprey said:

@dwrae said:

@dermichl said:

Regarding the above - @dwrae you mention "moving around clips" ~ which might be different. Does this mean it won't be possible to add in a new instrument track, fx, etc., without stopping playback?

Not within the next months, no. It would mean that changes are done from multiple threads to the same objects, which would require quite an overhaul of the app.

• Version 1.0.8 released:

• Stopping after recording audio on multiple tracks could cause a crash. Solved.
    • Playing MIDI when the loop markers were active would play the MIDI always from the loop start marker. Solved.
    • The minimum loop duration is now significantly reduced when no audio tracks are present in the project.
    • After pasting a range, no range creation was possible anymore. Solved. Reverted back to old behaviour where tapping anywhere in Range mode would pop up a dialog for pasting or clearing the range.
    • When pressing cancel in the project or sample key dialog of the ‘stretch and pitch’ screen, the app would crash. Solved.
    • Metronome playback was not always correct when loop markers were used. Solved.
  • @dwrae said:

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Things that would make me buy it:

• recording of automation (knob twiddling) of AU synths
    • IPhone version

In case that's helpful market research.

Thanks! An iPhone version is planned, but we wanted to release it for the iPad first. Problem is that the screen size on the iPhone 4 and 5 is too small and, unlike on Android, we cannot exclude devices, except for perhaps choosing a minimum iOS version that is not supported on older devices.

An iPhone version?!?! Count me in as interested!!! :smiley:

• edited February 2017

Version 1.1.0 released:

• Added Mono option to mix-down and stems dialog
    • IAA FX bug fix
    • Solved progress dialog issue in stems dialog
  • EgzEgz
    edited February 2017

Very interesting app/daw if you look at the update frequency. I keep following this post for sure.

• edited February 2017

@Egz said:
    Very interesting app/daw if you look at the update frequency. I keep following this post for sure.

The developer Davy emails back sometimes within minutes, and seems somehow able to get the fix through Apple the following day.

• Version 1.1.1 released:

• Improved Vocal Tune algorithm
    • Zoom level is now stored with the project
    • Solved issue in detecting key name of sample loops
    • Changing tempo and key simultaneously for sample loops did not work. Solved.
    • Solved IAA time-out issue for IAA effects
    • Loading a project on iOS8 could crash the app. Solved.
    • Solved issue in Undo of paste range command spanning multiple tracks.
  • The first item is pretty relevant to me. If the performance is better than both ReTune and AutoTune, specially.

• Did I hear iPhone?

• i am very much intrigued by this app. does it do midi clock slave ? was wondering if i can use midi link sync to slave it to ableton link.

• Version 1.1.2 released:

• Improvements in editing using the piano roll editor (please see at the bottom)
    • Project overview now shows the notes of the current clip in the piano roll editor
    • Piano roll grid is now separate to main time line screen grid and defaults to 1/16th note and grid enabled
    • Solved crash when selecting 'Save range to file(s)'

Changes to piano roll editor:

• Position/Length selection button is removed
    • Piano roll editor now defaults to Draw mode in which you can now do all editing for note events
    • Short tap-and-release adds a note. Short tapping on an existing note removes it
    • Long-tap-and-hold on a note allows you to move it.
    • Long-tap-and-hold on the end of a note allows you to change its length
    • Long-tap-and-hold on blank space starts rectangle selection of notes
    • Short-tap on blank space deselects the selected notes
    • Short-tap on selected notes pops up a dialog where you can choose to cut, copy and delete the selection
    • Long-tap-and-release on blank space pops up a Paste dialog
    • Velocity slider sets the velocity for new note events
    • Other events require a long-tap, because the inaccuracy involved

I'd welcome any comments on what we think are good improvements to the piano roll editor.

• The piano roll editor feels a lot more solid. I was getting inconsistent appearance of the selection rectangle before buts it's OK now. I'm still getting irregular sticking of the pitch bend wheel at the top of its travel. (And I'd love a count-in! :) )

• Version 1.1.3 released with more MIDI editing improvements:

• Replaced Note Length button with the direct display of all note lengths in the left panel in the piano roll editor.
    • New grid size dialog in the piano roll editor for more quickly changing grid sizes
    • New ‘Dynamic’ grid size for the piano roll which changes the grid size according to the grid lines of the current zoom level
    • Changing the velocity slider now also affects the velocity of the selected notes
    • Note offs are now sent when end of loop is reached
    • Markers in the piano roll are now snapped to the piano roll grid
    • Pasting in the piano roll is now snapped to the piano roll grid
    • Loop duration can now be much smaller
    • Loop button did not stay selected. Solved.
    • Punch in/out did not work correctly. Solved.

• Will def. have another noodle about in that piano roll....

• We are looking for testers for the Audio Evolution Mobile iPhone version. If you have an iPhone 4S or higher and want to help with beta testing, please drop us an email at [email protected].

• I have emailed you!!

• @Audiojunkie said:
    I have emailed you!!

Me too. I don't normally go in for beta testing but the prospect of a decent DAW for iPhone is pretty exciting.

• tjatja
    edited June 2017

You are realy some fast developer.
    Very impressive!

• Version 1.1.6 released:

• Added support for cloud sync/back-up using Google Drive
    • Long-tapping the instrument selection button will switch to the IAA interface when an IAA instrument is selected
    • Added ‘Edit’ button to virtual keyboard for IAA instruments to switch to the IAA interface
    • Drum pattern track can now be zoomed
    • Solved issues with audio unit v3 effects
    • Solved issue with IAA effect
    • Solved an issue with reading compressed formats
    • Solved an issue where some AUv3 audio units would not load (for example, the Rough Rider)
    • Pasting MIDI clips such that a new track would be created caused an exception. Solved.
    • Muting a AUv3 instrument track could cause noises or a heavy CPU load. Solved.
    • Disconnecting a headset or USB audio interface would erroneously reset the input of an AudioBus track. Solved.
    • Moving the volume faders and EQ sliders could cause zipper noise. Solved.
    • The trigger area of the parameter buttons in the Toneboosters EQ were too small, making them hard to hit on iPhone’s. Solved.
    • Moving the Volume, EQ, Fx Send, Panning or MIDI velocity slider slowly would pop up a menu which could be irritating. Double-tapping now pops up the menu instead.
    • Added links to video tutorials, Facebook and Twitter pages to More menu
    • Solved issue with sample rate conversion on import
    • On failure of setting the hardware sample rate, the app will now use resampling to be able to play/recording your project in any situation
    • Solved an issue where loading an audio file that was zoomed in to more than 256 pixels per second would not display
    • Plugging in/out headphones or a USB audio device while monitoring could cause a large delay and CPU usage. Solved.
  • Thanks for the update! :)

• tjatja
    edited July 2017

Great, thanks!

The biggest thing I would wish for, is the capability to exchange instruments - internally, IAA or AU - while playing the tracks.

This is something essentially I do - finding the right sound for each track.

• The update on CDM caught my eye. http://cdm.link/newswires/audio-evolution-mobile-1-1-6-much-bigger-update-might-think/

Hat tip to the developer for a pretty amazing set of consistent updates. Just having a play with it and am surprised at just how smooth it all feels.

• @syrupcore said:
    The update on CDM caught my eye. http://cdm.link/newswires/audio-evolution-mobile-1-1-6-much-bigger-update-might-think/

Hat tip to the developer for a pretty amazing set of consistent updates. Just having a play with it and am surprised at just how smooth it all feels.

True this. And dude updates very 5 min.

• @tja said:
    Great, thanks!

The biggest thing I would wish for, is the capability to exchange instruments - internally, IAA or AU - while playing the tracks.

This is something essentially I do - finding the right sound for each track.

There is a little trick to this, although it may not be reliable: when you are in the piano roll editor and select Scroll mode, you can then change sounds while it is playing. You might hear some clicks though and there is probably a very small chance that it will crash, but we will get this sorted.

• @dwrae said:
    There is a little trick to this, although it may not be reliable: when you are in the piano roll editor and select Scroll mode, you can then change sounds while it is playing. You might hear some clicks though and there is probably a very small chance that it will crash, but we will get this sorted.

Great, works.
    Not always, sometimes it hangs or cannot open a AU Instrument, but better than nothing ;-)

But when I switch to the keyboard of an AU, the playback is stopped.

Will that get better?

• Here's a lot of evolution. Congrats to the team!

• @tja said:

@dwrae said:

Great, works.
    Not always, sometimes it hangs or cannot open a AU Instrument, but better than nothing ;-)

But when I switch to the keyboard of an AU, the playback is stopped.

Will that get better?

Absolutely. We are now focusing on getting things stable and getting the iPhone version out, but things like changing instruments and effects while playing is high on our todo list.