Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Evolution Mobile DAW

Comments

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Any comment on the piano roll?

Not a pain in the ass, which might sound like faint praise, but it's not

• @Littlewoodg said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Not at all. Enough to make me download, let's put it that way....

• edited January 2017

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Not at all. Enough to make me download, let's put it that way....

It's a very nice thing that the most important basics are free to try: piano roll, AUx and IAA integration, editing. And the guy's already got his first update in the store

• I believe someone asked above if you could record in all 8 tracks of Modstep. Yes, I loaded into Audiobus with AEM as output. You can then export rendered as individual Stems, 16/24 bit Wav/Aiff/Alac.

I think the Au's are sized really well - they look 'bigger' to me than in some other apps, but just anecdotal there, not sure, I may just be tired.

• You're not the first. IAA and AU seem to cause problems generally for developers. The fact that you acknowledge this (and are clearly trying to fix them) goes a long way.

AU was actually a breeze. Still fighting with IAA generators now. :neutral:

You'd make a lot of people happy if you implemented AudioShare. It's essentially an audio document manager for IOS, which just makes it easy to import stuff from other apps, dropbox, itunes, etc - as well as export stuff to another app (if for example I wanted to master a track).

The SDK is here, it's supposed to be very easy to implement (and the developer is super responsive).

Thanks, we will. For now, you can use the document manager from other apps to export to AEM and if you go into the file browser in AEM, and swipe an (audio) file left and choose 'Open with', it opens the document manager to export to other apps or iCloud.

We have cloud synchronisation on the shelf for Google Drive, DropBox and iCloud as well. It needs testing. :wink:

• Things that would make me buy it:

• recording of automation (knob twiddling) of AU synths
    • IPhone version

In case that's helpful market research.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Things that would make me buy it:

• IPhone version

Thanks! An iPhone version is planned, but we wanted to release it for the iPad first. Problem is that the screen size on the iPhone 4 and 5 is too small and, unlike on Android, we cannot exclude devices, except for perhaps choosing a minimum iOS version that is not supported on older devices.

• I'm very much enjoying it. I was wondering if there's a count-in hidden anywhere that I've missed?

• @Purpan said:
    I'm very much enjoying it. I was wondering if there's a count-in hidden anywhere that I've missed?

Not yet, sorry. It's definitely on our todo list.

• OK, thanks.

• edited January 2017

Indeed, this looks very promising at a lower price point to the other iOS DAWs. Another +1 for Audioshare integration from me, though.

• The price is astounding. Even if you bought all the effects it would only be $20.

I'm still waiting to see what happens with Beatmaker, but I'm intrigued.

• edited January 2017

@cian said:
    The price is astounding. Even if you bought all the effects it would only be $20.

Check out pricing on the version for PC...€9.99 ($11.05)

• Beyond the pro upgrade what else would be good to get?

• @Littlewoodg said:

@cian said:
    The price is astounding. Even if you bought all the effects it would only be $20.

PC prices are always higher, but in all honesty, the Windows version has not been updated for years and will not be anymore. Our mission is mobile.

• @dwrae said:

You're not the first. IAA and AU seem to cause problems generally for developers. The fact that you acknowledge this (and are clearly trying to fix them) goes a long way.

AU was actually a breeze.

This statement concerns me. AU is supported in another popular DAW, however the timing is off when bouncing/rendering/freezing. This is an almost unforgivable sin. I'm hoping your developers are rigorously testing the integrity of the AU offline renders

• Out of curiosity, which DAW? I use Auria Pro and Garageband, and didn't notice any timing issues.

• @dwrae said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@cian said:

PC prices are always higher, but in all honesty, the Windows version has not been updated for years and will not be anymore. Our mission is mobile.

I had interpreted @Littlewoodg's comment as the PC price is also being a bargain as far as software prices go. I downloaded the demo and noticed what you said that it was not newly updated. I like what you've been doing with the mobile version in iOS and will support that version as a customer and look forward to its continued development.

• @theconnactic said:
    Out of curiosity, which DAW? I use Auria Pro and Garageband, and didn't notice any timing issues.

lol I'm not falling into that trap :) B)

• edited January 2017

Trap?
    P.S.: oh, I see... lol.

• @dwrae said:

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Things that would make me buy it:

• IPhone version

Thanks! An iPhone version is planned, but we wanted to release it for the iPad first. Problem is that the screen size on the iPhone 4 and 5 is too small and, unlike on Android, we cannot exclude devices, except for perhaps choosing a minimum iOS version that is not supported on older devices.

Don't forget the iphone SE. Small format and upto date iOS.

• @studioAB said:

@dwrae said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@cian said:

I had interpreted @Littlewoodg's comment as the PC price is also being a bargain as far as software prices go. I downloaded the demo and noticed what you said that it was not newly updated. I like what you've been doing with the mobile version in iOS and will support that version as a customer and look forward to its continued development.

That's exactly where I was coming from, amazed at the low $ of the PC DAW...not too many PC DAWs out there that come in for less than an iOS build...but yes the iOS on is much sexier...

• Very much enjoying this - the IAP sounds seem good and the keyboard is very playable. Two issues I've noticed so far: the screen gets stuck sometimes when the keyboard's open (it will still play and the visible controls work but it's impossible to tap "next" to move to another screen); and sometimes the selection bow doesn't appear when you tap with the range button pressed.
    But, very good so far.

• Glad this DAW is so fully featured and IAP is also great value. I see it can export audio stems in a variety of formats but can it export midi stems as separate files too?

I often have to send midi files to musical collaborators who use them to trigger their (more professional) sounds to eventually render to audio. In Cubasis I have to solo each midi track and mix down to midi for each track (or copy and paste a single midi track to separate projects and mix down to midi from there), which is a pain.

What I would like to do is export midi stems as separate midi files, created for each track. Quite often I only really need a couple of the midi tracks. With the mixdown to midi in Cubasis a single file that contains all the midi is produced which some other DAWs on other systems do not seem to handle very well in terms of separating the individual midi tracks again.

• @Purpan said:
    Very much enjoying this - the IAP sounds seem good and the keyboard is very playable. Two issues I've noticed so far: the screen gets stuck sometimes when the keyboard's open (it will still play and the visible controls work but it's impossible to tap "next" to move to another screen); and sometimes the selection bow doesn't appear when you tap with the range button pressed.
    But, very good so far.

Thanks. Could you please contact us at [email protected] so we can look into this problem more deeply?

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Glad this DAW is so fully featured and IAP is also great value. I see it can export audio stems in a variety of formats but can it export midi stems as separate files too?

I often have to send midi files to musical collaborators who use them to trigger their (more professional) sounds to eventually render to audio. In Cubasis I have to solo each midi track and mix down to midi for each track (or copy and paste a single midi track to separate projects and mix down to midi from there), which is a pain.

What I would like to do is export midi stems as separate midi files, created for each track. Quite often I only really need a couple of the midi tracks. With the mixdown to midi in Cubasis a single file that contains all the midi is produced which some other DAWs on other systems do not seem to handle very well in terms of separating the individual midi tracks again.

It is only possible at the moment to render stems to one file containing every track. I would assume that every DAW can read in standard MIDI files, separating each track?

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Glad this DAW is so fully featured and IAP is also great value. I see it can export audio stems in a variety of formats but can it export midi stems as separate files too?

Yes, as .mid. You can also overdub other MIDI Instruments, AuV3 etc onto the same traack, at any starting point as well. You can also select Midi regions of a track, or across multiple tracks and cut/copy/past across tracks. Also, if you have anything loaded in the FX slot for a track, its parameters are available as Automation envelopes

In this screen grab I have a general MIDI piano loaded, along with Ape FIlter as AuV3, and the factory Chorus FX. I loaded the piano onto the Drum Pad as well, which is the bottom Midi stream. Then drew on an envelope with the Inharmonicity parameter from Ape Filter.

• edited January 2017

@AlterEgo_UK . Here's a few more screen grabs of the Midi Track Options!

• I put in a request for Ableton iOS-Export as well - part of that standard is MIDI & Audio files. IF AEM would have that + Link - between iOS & Android - would be a 1st. And for a performance Daw... anyone can show up, share projects, jam.

• These are my request
    1 Record count in
    2 Link Support
    3 Ableton Export
    4 CPU indicator

I am so enjoying this DAW, the IAP Is a fair price and the developer is so willing to listen.