SynthMaster One

24567

Comments

  • I wonder if the player presets will be compatible with the new synth. And therefore usable with it if you have bought some of the packs?

  • edited January 2017 Vote Up0

    +2 for full version IAP. As someone who has transitioned over entirely to iOS for music making, it doesn't mean I want to accept lower quality audio due to that decision. For audio quality and polyphony to be limited purposely solely due to price seems like a travesty. Give us the option, please! ;)

  • @High5denied said:
    Cool, I've got so much invested into Synthmaster Orig. and I don't typically program synths, that I'm not sure if I'll get this?

    I'm not sure either, I'd much rather see more of the Synthmaster desktop functionality brought to the iOS version, but Synthmaster One has no relation to the desktop or ios versions of the original. As such, I think it's like evaluating a brand new wave table synth, rather than any relation to the original.

    I'd much rather see Synthmaster up the integration between app/desktop - which already has an arp, can open .Mid and SFZ files, along with having some serious FX/LFO/Matrix routing. One of my favorite features is the drag-and-drop matrix, you just drag one knob to the other and then start controling them, the matrix updates the routing automatically. Would be great for a touchscreen, as would the FX desktop version being an FX slot for Audiobus, and of course AuV3, and more Midi-learnable parameters.

  • edited January 2017 Vote Up0

    @Cib said:

    @bsantoro said:
    @Cib, please make the iOS version AUv3 compatible, right out of the box. Otherwise, it will not be worth for me to add another synth to the many good synths I already purchased.

    I'm not the developer :)
    I doubt it will be AUv3 because of the GUI and resources it might need.
    But who knows.

    It could work if they had a preset player for au and keep the full thing separare

  • My fave VST and 2nd fave ios Synth

  • edited January 2017 Vote Up0

    @InfoCheck said:

    @Lady_App_titude said:
    Please, just tell me how to assign vibrato to the mod wheel in Synthmaster. Why is something so basic so difficult? I sent an email asking this question to SM tech support and never got an answer.

    The controls in synth master player very from preset to preset, in some like LD AirBlower2 MS (a flute preset) the mod wheel in SynthMaster Player already controls the vibrato, in other presets this is not an option. In different presets, the mod wheel will control different parameters, it seems to be the top left knob.

    Yes, that is a pretty good description of the problem, but it doesn't answer how to fix the problem. Also, LD AirBlower2 does NOT have mod wheel vibrato for me.

    Here is the problem:

    LD 70s Lead has mod wheel vibrato, but the next preset (LD 80s Lead Saw MK) does NOT have mod wheel vibrato. In fact, the mod wheel does nothing in this patch. How do I program mod wheel vibrato in LD 80s Lead Saw MK (or other presets like it with no mod wheel assignment)?

    I have been programming synths for decades and have never found one that was so confusing that I couldn't figure out this simple task -- until Synthmaster!

    This is the main thing I HATE about this synth. One would hope that this major flaw would be addressed in the so-called "easier" SynthMaster One, but I see no mention of it.

    There seems to be no manual or tutorial or videos that explains how to program in this rudimentary and essential synth function. I also really bothers me that someone would go to the trouble program all these presets, which the user has to purchase at substantial additional cost, and leave the mod wheel unassigned.

    I wrote to KV311 and my email went unanswered.

    Can someone please answer this simple question?

    Thanks!

    P.S. I have both the iOS and Mac version, but my comments above are based on working w/ the Mac version just now. Haven't fired up the iOS version and tried to figure this out, but I assume it's the same there.

  • edited January 2017 Vote Up0

    @Lady_App_titude said:

    @InfoCheck said:

    @Lady_App_titude said:
    Please, just tell me how to assign vibrato to the mod wheel in Synthmaster. Why is something so basic so difficult? I sent an email asking this question to SM tech support and never got an answer.

    The controls in synth master player very from preset to preset, in some like LD AirBlower2 MS (a flute preset) the mod wheel in SynthMaster Player already controls the vibrato, in other presets this is not an option. In different presets, the mod wheel will control different parameters, it seems to be the top left knob.

    Yes, that is a pretty good description of the problem, but it doesn't answer how to fix the problem. Also, LD AirBlower2 does NOT have mod wheel vibrato for me.

    Here is the problem:

    LD 70s Lead has mod wheel vibrato, but the next preset (LD 80s Lead Saw MK) does NOT have mod wheel vibrato. In fact, the mod wheel does nothing in this patch. How do I program mod wheel vibrato in LD 80s Lead Saw MK (or other presets like it with no mod wheel assignment)?

    I have been programming synths for decades and have never found one that was so confusing that I couldn't figure out this simple task -- until Synthmaster!

    This is the main thing I HATE about this synth. One would hope that this major flaw would be addressed in the so-called "easier" SynthMaster One, but I see no mention of it.

    There seems to be no manual or tutorial or videos that explains how to program in this rudimentary and essential synth function. I also really bothers me that someone would go to the trouble program all these presets, which the user has to purchase at substantial additional cost, and leave the mod wheel unassigned.

    I wrote to KV311 and my email went unanswered.

    Can someone please answer this simple question?

    Thanks!

    P.S. I have both the iOS and Mac version, but my comments above are based on working w/ the Mac version just now. Haven't fired up the iOS version and tried to figure this out, but I assume it's the same there.

    I think the answer to your question is that SM Player on iOS gives very limited control of the synth to the users and what you can do changes from patch to patch. The only way this will change is if the developer made changes to the app. I have no experience with the Mac OS version of Synth Master so I have nothing to add about that. If you have both Mac OS and iOS versions you're supposed to be able to transfer the patches you create to SM Player as well. Theoretically this should mean that if you can control the patch with the mod wheel on Synth Master Mac OS, presumably you'll be able to do so on the same patch on SM Player iOS.

    Page 21 of the SynthMaster Windows/OSX Manual talks about MIDI learn for parameters.
    http://www.kv331audio.com/DownloadFile.aspx?fileID=33&tabIndex=1

  • edited January 2017 Vote Up0

    @Lady_App_titude The MIDI learn in SM Player in iOS works for me. I can even use it to assign the mod wheel in the app to multiple knobs using the Easy Param # menu items after pressing the Midi Learn button. You can MIDI control 12 parameters in SM Player iOS (8 knobs and XY for each of the two XY pads).

  • edited January 2017 Vote Up0

    @InfoCheck said:
    @Lady_App_titude The MIDI learn in SM Player in iOS works for me. I can even use it to assign the mod wheel in the app to multiple knobs using the Easy Param # menu items after pressing the Midi Learn button. You can MIDI control 12 parameters in SM Player iOS (8 knobs and XY for each of the two XY pads).

    Thanks so much @InfoCheck . Yes, this does help zero in further on the essence of the problem. The iOS version is a "player," so it has limited editing parameters. You can use MIDI learn to assign to a selection of preset "Easy Parameters," but if LFO pitch modulation is not one of them, it appears you have no means of getting vibrato on the mod wheel.

    The desktop version, is extensively editable, but there is no assignable mod wheel there like you see in the tablet version. What is needed on the desktop version, I argue, is precisely that -- an easy way to assign vibrato to the mod wheel. There should be a mod wheel button or object of some kind where you can assign vibrato and a simple field where you can type in LFO pitch rate and depth, similar to what they provide for Pitch Bend range assignment.

    When I saw that KV311 were coming out with an "easier" version of Synthmaster, I had hoped this issue might be addressed, but I don't see it in the video I watched. Thus, Synthmaster One seems disappointing, since it seems to lack what is the #1 most important missing feature in Synthmaster, IMHO.

    But even though they have not implemented an easy way, there still must be a way to do it in the full desktop version of Synthmaster (which I have). I am simply asking KV311 to explain, step-by-step, how!

    How do you do it? In the desktop version of Synthmaster, how do you assign vibrato to the mod wheel and adjust rate and depth?

    Checking back over this thread, I see now that I had mistakenly believed someone from kv331 audio was reading and contributing to this discussion. I see now that what I saw was a post that had been copy and pasted from another forum. I will try posting to that forum.

    P. 21 of the manual does kind of hint at an answer. Maybe my aching brain might extract some method if I reread that passage a few dozen more times. :smile:

    Thanks so much for contributing to this thread.

  • @Lady_App_titude said:

    @InfoCheck said:

    @Lady_App_titude said:
    Please, just tell me how to assign vibrato to the mod wheel in Synthmaster. Why is something so basic so difficult? I sent an email asking this question to SM tech support and never got an answer.

    The controls in synth master player very from preset to preset, in some like LD AirBlower2 MS (a flute preset) the mod wheel in SynthMaster Player already controls the vibrato, in other presets this is not an option. In different presets, the mod wheel will control different parameters, it seems to be the top left knob.

    Yes, that is a pretty good description of the problem, but it doesn't answer how to fix the problem. Also, LD AirBlower2 does NOT have mod wheel vibrato for me.

    Here is the problem:

    LD 70s Lead has mod wheel vibrato, but the next preset (LD 80s Lead Saw MK) does NOT have mod wheel vibrato. In fact, the mod wheel does nothing in this patch. How do I program mod wheel vibrato in LD 80s Lead Saw MK (or other presets like it with no mod wheel assignment)?

    I have been programming synths for decades and have never found one that was so confusing that I couldn't figure out this simple task -- until Synthmaster!

    This is the main thing I HATE about this synth. One would hope that this major flaw would be addressed in the so-called "easier" SynthMaster One, but I see no mention of it.

    There seems to be no manual or tutorial or videos that explains how to program in this rudimentary and essential synth function. I also really bothers me that someone would go to the trouble program all these presets, which the user has to purchase at substantial additional cost, and leave the mod wheel unassigned.

    I wrote to KV311 and my email went unanswered.

    Can someone please answer this simple question?

    Thanks!

    P.S. I have both the iOS and Mac version, but my comments above are based on working w/ the Mac version just now. Haven't fired up the iOS version and tried to figure this out, but I assume it's the same there.

    On desktop, you can do it 3 ways, easiest is Right click on a knob:

  • edited January 2017 Vote Up0

    Should add - in the Mod Matrix... you can Select the Mod Wheel as the Source or Target for any parameter. And the last option is to click a knob, hold, and drag it onto another knob... this is a new feature in 2.8, it automatically then updates the Mod Matrix based on the new assignment.

    And, if you want the Mod Wheel assignment across all patches, then assign it as Source/Target to a couple of the Easy Parameters, and save as Default, then you'll have that across all patches.

  • @Ocsprey said:
    Should add - in the Mod Matrix... you can Select the Mod Wheel as the Source or Target for any parameter. And the last option is to click a knob, hold, and drag it onto another knob... this is a new feature in 2.8, it automatically then updates the Mod Matrix based on the new assignment.

    And, if you want the Mod Wheel assignment across all patches, then assign it as Source/Target to a couple of the Easy Parameters, and save as Default, then you'll have that across all patches.

    Thx, @Ocsprey ! I think I've almost got it. Here is what I tried:

    1. I initialized a new preset (New->Reset Preset). This gives me a simple patch which is just one Sawtooth oscillator, one layer.

    2. With the "LAYER 1" and "Osc: 01" buttons clicked, I go to the "Fine Tune" knob at the bottom of the screen. I right-click and choose: Modulation 1 Source 1 -> LFOs -> LFO 1. This causes a Matrix entry to appear in the list that says "Source: LFO 1". And now the Sawtooth is slowly wavering in pitch.

    Now, how do I get Mod Wheel to control it, and how do I change the rate?

    By accident I somehow discovered that if (after adding LFO 1 to the Matrix) I then go back and single click on Fine Tune, suddenly a field below appears in the Matrix which says "Via"

    ["The Matrix is everywhere, Neo." :) ]

    NOW, I can right-click there and choose CC001-ModWheel, so in the Matrix it now says:
    "Source: LFO 1"
    and below it: "Via: CC001-ModWheel"

    Well, what do you know! I seem to have LFO 1 pitch modulation that can controlled via Mod Wheel. But the rate of the vibrato is still really slow. How do I adjust the rate????

    One would think, you click on the LFO button, and under LFO 1, move the Speed knob. Unfortunately, this THIS DOES NOTHING! In fact, no changes to parameter settings in that LFO 1 screen (waveform, speed, etc) seem to have any effect on the LFO 1 in the Matrix. Arrrghh!!!

    I looks like I'm almost there... Can someone just tell me how I adjust the LFO rate (speed) at this point?

    I'm really hoping this is all simplified in Synthmaster One. That alone would be worth the upgrade price.

    Thanks for your help, anyone.

  • @Lady_App_titude said:

    @Ocsprey said:
    Should add - in the Mod Matrix... you can Select the Mod Wheel as the Source or Target for any parameter. And the last option is to click a knob, hold, and drag it onto another knob... this is a new feature in 2.8, it automatically then updates the Mod Matrix based on the new assignment.

    And, if you want the Mod Wheel assignment across all patches, then assign it as Source/Target to a couple of the Easy Parameters, and save as Default, then you'll have that across all patches.

    Thx, @Ocsprey ! I think I've almost got it. Here is what I tried:

    1. I initialized a new preset (New->Reset Preset). This gives me a simple patch which is just one Sawtooth oscillator, one layer.

    2. With the "LAYER 1" and "Osc: 01" buttons clicked, I go to the "Fine Tune" knob at the bottom of the screen. I right-click and choose: Modulation 1 Source 1 -> LFOs -> LFO 1. This causes a Matrix entry to appear in the list that says "Source: LFO 1". And now the Sawtooth is slowly wavering in pitch.

    Now, how do I get Mod Wheel to control it, and how do I change the rate?

    By accident I somehow discovered that if (after adding LFO 1 to the Matrix) I then go back and single click on Fine Tune, suddenly a field below appears in the Matrix which says "Via"

    ["The Matrix is everywhere, Neo." :) ]

    NOW, I can right-click there and choose CC001-ModWheel, so in the Matrix it now says:
    "Source: LFO 1"
    and below it: "Via: CC001-ModWheel"

    Well, what do you know! I seem to have LFO 1 pitch modulation that can controlled via Mod Wheel. But the rate of the vibrato is still really slow. How do I adjust the rate????

    One would think, you click on the LFO button, and under LFO 1, move the Speed knob. Unfortunately, this THIS DOES NOTHING! In fact, no changes to parameter settings in that LFO 1 screen (waveform, speed, etc) seem to have any effect on the LFO 1 in the Matrix. Arrrghh!!!

    I looks like I'm almost there... Can someone just tell me how I adjust the LFO rate (speed) at this point?

    I'm really hoping this is all simplified in Synthmaster One. That alone would be worth the upgrade price.

    Thanks for your help, anyone.

    @Lady_App_titude I believe you'll need to click SLFO 1- adjust the speed from there - From there, you can Click Sync if you want the speed synced to tempo. Can also click the Step tab, and adjust the Speed in step increments (Up to 32 per envelope). Hope it works for ya!

  • @RustiK said:
    My fave VST and 2nd fave ios Synth

    What's your favourite ios synth and why?

  • @Ocsprey said:

    @Lady_App_titude I believe you'll need to click SLFO 1- adjust the speed from there - From there, you can Click Sync if you want the speed synced to tempo. Can also click the Step tab, and adjust the Speed in step increments (Up to 32 per envelope). Hope it works for ya!

    Thanks, @Ocsprey! I didn't quite get what you meant by "click SLFO 1". But what I finally figured out is that when you are assigning the LFO to the Fine Tune knob by right clicking, you can choose either Modulation Souce -> LFO 1 or Modulation Souce -> Synth LFO 1. If you choose this latter option, THEN you can control the LFO speed from the LFO 1 section of the LFO tab. What this other LFO 1 is for and where you control its speed remains a mystery. But no matter. I am finally making progress! :-)

    Now I have figured out how to assign LFO vibrato to the Mod Wheel and adjust its speed -- or at least one way -- on this simple initialized 1 layer/1 oscillator patch. But now I have to figure out how to assign and adjust speed in the factory and expansion presets (most of which do not have it assigned by default).

    What's confusing is that I when load a preset like "LD Digi Lead TP," which is one that DOES have mod wheel vibrato by default, and I look at the Matrix, I don't see something that looks like how I did it in my patch. I click on the Fine Tune knob and the Matrix says "Layer1: Osc2: Fine Tune" but there is no "Via: CC001-ModWheel" like in my patch. That's what is so frustrating about this synth. In most synths I can look at the screen a figure out how the programming is done, but here... How in the world would one know by looking at the Matrix that the LFO was assigned to Mod Wheel? And when you do right-click on a knob and choose a modulation source, it would be nice if a CHECK MARK were there so you could see what is assigned. Instead, they are all blank, even when there are pre-existing assignments.

    I think, also, part of the confusion with this synth is that there a multiple ways of doing the same thing...

    Anyway, some progress... So far...

  • @Lady_App_titude said:

    @Ocsprey said:

    @Lady_App_titude I believe you'll need to click SLFO 1- adjust the speed from there - From there, you can Click Sync if you want the speed synced to tempo. Can also click the Step tab, and adjust the Speed in step increments (Up to 32 per envelope). Hope it works for ya!

    Thanks, @Ocsprey! I didn't quite get what you meant by "click SLFO 1". But what I finally figured out is that when you are assigning the LFO to the Fine Tune knob by right clicking, you can choose either Modulation Souce -> LFO 1 or Modulation Souce -> Synth LFO 1. If you choose this latter option, THEN you can control the LFO speed from the LFO 1 section of the LFO tab. What this other LFO 1 is for and where you control its speed remains a mystery. But no matter. I am finally making progress! :-)

    Now I have figured out how to assign LFO vibrato to the Mod Wheel and adjust its speed -- or at least one way -- on this simple initialized 1 layer/1 oscillator patch. But now I have to figure out how to assign and adjust speed in the factory and expansion presets (most of which do not have it assigned by default).

    What's confusing is that I when load a preset like "LD Digi Lead TP," which is one that DOES have mod wheel vibrato by default, and I look at the Matrix, I don't see something that looks like how I did it in my patch. I click on the Fine Tune knob and the Matrix says "Layer1: Osc2: Fine Tune" but there is no "Via: CC001-ModWheel" like in my patch. That's what is so frustrating about this synth. In most synths I can look at the screen a figure out how the programming is done, but here... How in the world would one know by looking at the Matrix that the LFO was assigned to Mod Wheel? And when you do right-click on a knob and choose a modulation source, it would be nice if a CHECK MARK were there so you could see what is assigned. Instead, they are all blank, even when there are pre-existing assignments.

    I think, also, part of the confusion with this synth is that there a multiple ways of doing the same thing...

    Anyway, some progress... So far...

    Yep, many ways! SLFO is in the window to the Right of the OSC-1 Window... which is where you had your original assignment - when you switched, speed toggled to the other LFO. Same goes for the new patch - click the Volume on SLFO1 - that's where the assignment to ModWheel is shown.

  • Here are the step-by-step instructions:

    HOW TO ASSIGN MOD WHEEL VIBRATO IN SYNTHMASTER (Desktop version.)

    *1. With Layer 1, Osc 1 selected, right-click on the Fine Tune knob.

    *2. Choose Modulation 1 Source 1-> LFOs -> Synth LFO 1
    A entry will appear in the Matrix list that says:
    Target Layer1:Osc1:Fine Tune

    *3. Click on the Fine Tune knob again and a field that says "Via" will appear in the Matrix list below Target. Right-click next to Via and choose MIDI->CC001-ModWheel.

    Repeat these same steps for Layer 2, Osc 2, if necessary.

    You should now have vibrato assigned to the mod wheel.

    *4. To adjust the vibrato speed, click on the LFO button to bring up the LFO tab and adjust the Speed knob under the LFO 1 section. You can also change other parameters such as the Wave.

  • edited January 2017 Vote Up0

    @Ocsprey said:

    Yep, many ways! SLFO is in the window to the Right of the OSC-1 Window... which is where you had your original assignment - when you switched, speed toggled to the other LFO. Same goes for the new patch - click the Volume on SLFO1 - that's where the assignment to ModWheel is shown.

    Sorry. Still can't find any of that.

    On the new initialized patch, I do see an SLFO1 button in the bottom right quadrant, if I click the > button several times.... Also, no matter where I right-click there, I can't seem to activate LFO modulation in that area. However, if I assign using my steps above, then go to that area, I can vary the rate (speed) and depth (volume) in that window. Also seems to offer a few other options that aren't available in the LFO tab-> LFO1 window (such as Delay).

    Maybe a screen shot would help?

    B. :*

  • @Lady_App_titude said:
    Here are the step-by-step instructions:

    HOW TO ASSIGN MOD WHEEL VIBRATO IN SYNTHMASTER (Desktop version.)

    *1. With Layer 1, Osc 1 selected, right-click on the Fine Tune knob.

    *2. Choose Modulation 1 Source 1-> LFOs -> Synth LFO 1
    A entry will appear in the Matrix list that says:
    Target Layer1:Osc1:Fine Tune

    *3. Click on the Fine Tune knob again and a field that says "Via" will appear in the Matrix list below Target. Right-click next to Via and choose MIDI->CC001-ModWheel.

    Repeat these same steps for Layer 2, Osc 2, if necessary.

    You should now have vibrato assigned to the mod wheel.

    *4. To adjust the vibrato speed, click on the LFO button to bring up the LFO tab and adjust the Speed knob under the LFO 1 section. You can also change other parameters such as the Wave.

    Try this too - In OSC1 - click Edit - then click Copy settings... now go back and modulate some various parameters of your liking, then click Edit again, new Menu item shows up "Modulate Changed parameters via..." then select ModWheel etc...

    And while not a check mark - in the Mod Matrix you can select "Source" or "Target" etc - this will show you the sources or Targets only for a given parameter.

    If you want to use your assignment globally across presets, just Click Preset at the top - Auto Assign, and you'll have it accessible via easy params... but Also... if you click the OSC Menu (or any Section Menu), you can load Presets specific to that section of the Synth - or Reset just that section.

  • edited February 2017 Vote Up0

    @Ocsprey said:

    @Lady_App_titude said:
    Here are the step-by-step instructions:

    HOW TO ASSIGN MOD WHEEL VIBRATO IN SYNTHMASTER (Desktop version.)

    *1. With Layer 1, Osc 1 selected, right-click on the Fine Tune knob.

    *2. Choose Modulation 1 Source 1-> LFOs -> Synth LFO 1
    A entry will appear in the Matrix list that says:
    Target Layer1:Osc1:Fine Tune

    *3. Click on the Fine Tune knob again and a field that says "Via" will appear in the Matrix list below Target. Right-click next to Via and choose MIDI->CC001-ModWheel.

    Repeat these same steps for Layer 2, Osc 2, if necessary.

    You should now have vibrato assigned to the mod wheel.

    *4. To adjust the vibrato speed, click on the LFO button to bring up the LFO tab and adjust the Speed knob under the LFO 1 section. You can also change other parameters such as the Wave.

    Try this too - In OSC1 - click Edit - then click Copy settings... now go back and modulate some various parameters of your liking, then click Edit again, new Menu item shows up "Modulate Changed parameters via..." then select ModWheel etc...

    And while not a check mark - in the Mod Matrix you can select "Source" or "Target" etc - this will show you the sources or Targets only for a given parameter.

    If you want to use your assignment globally across presets, just Click Preset at the top - Auto Assign, and you'll have it accessible via easy params... but Also... if you click the OSC Menu (or any Section Menu), you can load Presets specific to that section of the Synth - or Reset just that section.

    Cool! Don't get me wrong, I love this synth! I may have had to vent some of my frustration about certain things, but many aspects of it are quite well thought out and intuitive. Other areas, not so much. Some really basic things like this seem needlessly complex. The manual is even fairly clear and well written. It's just that like many manuals it is just a reference list of features rather than a How To tutorial.

    When you are composing and auditioning endless presets and you find one that is perfect if it only had vibrato, it ought to be a 3-second problem, not a 3-day study. But through a combination of sources, including the kind assistance of forums such as this, I've finally solved this thing that I've wanted to know forever.

    Here's hoping the new "Synthmaster One" version will offer a more streamlined workflow. I hope also that it will read the legacy Synthmaster patches.

  • Hi guys, I just saw this post about our new product SynthMaster One, so wanted to give you guys some details about the new synth:

    1. SynthMaster One iOS will be a fully featured synth, NOT a lmited player. Please take a look at the prototype GUI for the iPad Pro! (iPad and iPad Pro have different screen resolutions so we designed different skins for them to take advantage of the bigger screen size of the Pro!)

    2. It will be sold on the AppStore for $29 and it'll come with 500 factory presets.

    3. The desktop version is $79 (for existing SM users it'll be $29. for iOS One users we will have a discount coupon code as well if those users register with us)

    4. SynthMaster One is an independent product, so SynthMaster Player or SynthMaster 2.8 wont load its presets.

    We prepared a video series for SynthMaster One desktop, dont forget to check it out:

    Cheers

    Bulent

  • Check this from 1:40 ...

  • FYI, there are now free PC and Mac Demos of Synthmaster One available for download here:
    https://www.kv331audio.com/downloads.aspx

    These demos come with 350 presets. Saving presets is disabled. The demo of the old Synthmaster stops working after 15 minutes, but it's not clear if that's the case with this.

  • Thanks, useful extra info.

  • @Reid said:
    FYI, there are now free PC and Mac Demos of Synthmaster One available for download here:
    https://www.kv331audio.com/downloads.aspx

    These demos come with 350 presets. Saving presets is disabled. The demo of the old Synthmaster stops working after 15 minutes, but it's not clear if that's the case with this.

    From their newsletter:

    This demo contains 300 factory presets. Saving presets is disabled. After 20 minutes, it will redirect you to our web site and you will receive a 20% OFF discount coupon from us!

  • @Samu said:
    I'm just thinking too much as always...

    What is the point of sampling a single cycle waves every 3 semitones? (That is what the developer mentions in the video). I mean it's hardly practical when doing pitch slides and other 'modulation type' effects?

    I recall from the days when I was doing beta on a MacTracker(PlayerPro) and the most 'practical' way to transpose sampled single-cycle waves was not to use multi-samples but increase the internal re-sampling to 10x and after transposition down-sample the results to minimise aliasing. (The PlayerPro source-code is now open-source, including the re-sampling algorithms).

    The other question that pops up is... Do I really need another synth???

    One is too many and a thousand is never enough................

    and

    Why ask Why?

  • Is it me or is this SynthMaster looking more like a Pro that we will all need to buy in the not so distant future?

    I guess this is why there hasn't been a new iap for the app since it almost came out.

  • Fooling around with the PC demo I find that the sounds on this are amazing.

    I found links to some of the new factory sounds. These are presumably what you get when you buy the computer plugin, and as we know, won't sound as high quality in iOS. I'm not sure whether all of these presets will be included in the iOS app or will be IAP.

    IMHO this app is looking to be one of the very best music apps to be released for iOS this year, particularly for people who like to make their own sounds.

  • Any idea what the intro price will be for IOS?

Sign In or Register to comment.