Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NAMM 2018: DAW PREDICTIONS

Will Ableton ever be de throned?

WIll they reign supreme for eternity with the performance based DAW?

??????????????????????????????

Remember, Max Patches then Ableton. Do you know what I am even talking about? Good luck finding it since MAX live has cleverly decapitated most SEO links.

I love Ableton. However.

Who is the next King or Queen of the performance based DAW platform?

I think it is safe to say various companies are on the slow march toward that end game, tacitly and laboriously putting out IOS, VST, AU, and HARDWARE. Oh, the hardware. Gotta be able to be hard to perform in the grand scheme things these days. Push device has in a way drew an imaginary line in sand of sorts. It signaled to all the controller manufacturers they are no longer going to rely on them to use and maximize their Ableton experience.

There is a point when making a device for a product is more efficient and cost prohibitive if you have dovetailed the hardware with software.

That begs the question, who looks as though they are in the hunt?

Without any actual inside knowledge and based solely on what i see, here is my gut reaction.

Native Instruments, Korg, and Novation will try to take out the king. I think right now it is a matter of them devising a very complex and long term projection based on the integration of theier hardware, their software, and their IOS platform.

I mean look at Novation. Basically Blocs and Launchpad, and Launchkey if combined with a nice wave editor would qualify with just boxing em up. It appears Novation is publically reverse engineering a DAW that will integrate MULTIPLE HIGHLY FUNCTIONAL DEVICES. If Ableton really can be done well with 1 device, what would be better for a complany like Novation to have a DAW basically being optimally used with a MIDI KEYBOARD, PAD LAUNCHER, and CIRCUIT(soon to be wave editor IMHO).

That's one idea.

As far as Korg and Native Instruments, you can probably learn the most by what you don't know. Inductive reasoning.

Korg, well we all know it's all there except the complex audio lab that Gadget has so glaringly lacked from day 1. Notice the new Gadget inspired hardware. Throw in the Sampler based ielectribe or VST remincent of Sparkle, a fully integrated Kaosillator that is class compliant and collate Gadget in a true grid form and whammo.

Native Instruments is one of those love hate. Personally, I love them. I think they are in the midst of pivoting away from the more urban genre, leaving that to AKAI and heading full into EDM and ALTERNATIVE ELECTRONICA. NI is clever and with the recent LINK action along with upcoming MIDI updates, I think we may all be pleasantly surprised. See, NI unlike the other companies also has their DJ line that provide capital and possibilities. I feel that NI has the highest quality of sound for IOS at this point. NI newest device with the lanes and sliders and grid should also show you what they are up to.

Companies don't waste millions of dollars on devices just to let them go obsolete or be limited. Unless it is by design while they devise their own masterpiece.

It wouldn't take much for a rival to Ableton to emerge.

Or will it be a new company or developer?

Is it a company or developer on here?

We may not know now, but, maybe we will.

PARDON GRAMMAR I AM ON THE GO NO SPELLCHECK

Comments

• edited January 2017

For me Novation+GTL is the best of what I needed from Ableton.
    My only interest in NI was Traktor remix decks but I'm okay with Novation again (and trying to build my own turntablethinga someday maybe). DVS on iOS and/or remix deck with dedicated controller (and IAA, AB3 etc...) could be welcomed but don't expect it soon...

About max7 or Reaktor... I don't wait nothing from them than a wrapper for iOS and the proper patch. Even better if it's for Atv since I see these only as visualism tools nowadays. No need for extra control from visual coding; isotonik team and Fabriccio Poze make an amazing job so no need to reinvent any wheel...

About anything more in Ableton or desktop, just garageband IOS. If Apple update these with midi learn = game over. Also any "midi2touchcoordenade" app will be a winner for me xD

Modstep with audio loops, Loopy2, a new djing app maybe... who knows? :smile:

• @Dubbylabby said:
    For me Novation+GTL is the best of what I needed from Ableton.
    My only interest in NI was Traktor remix decks but I'm okay with Novation again (and trying to build my own turntablethinga someday maybe). DVS on iOS and/or remix deck with dedicated controller (and IAA, AB3 etc...) could be welcomed but don't expect it soon...

About max7 or Reaktor... I don't wait nothing by there than a wrapper for iOS and the proper patch. Even better if it's for Atv since I see these only as visualism tools nowadays. No need for extra control from visual coding; isotonik team and Fabriccio Poze make an amazing job so no need to reinvent any wheel...

About anything more in Ableton or desktop, just garageband IOS. If Apple update these with midi learn = game over. Also any "midi2touchcoordenade" app will be a winner for me xD

Modstep with audio loops, Loopy2, a new djing app maybe... who knows? :smile:

Wow, totally did not mentally "link" to MODSTEP.

Audio action and it's a done deal.

Thanks for responding to my TGIF editorial piece

• I love brainshitstorming so glad to chat, mate! :wink:

• Does any of developers announced anything? I remember only Auxy...
    I can't wait for some news from NI

• I hit two of three... in my disclaimer I should recognize I was aware of soda before launch but self impossed NDA :wink:
    No clue about audio loops in Modstep (there is a vid from twiteer/instagram) but seems common sense into my eyes.
    About Loopy Master Piece... @Michael should be getting ready something soon... or almost I hope that :heart:

• If you are talking DAW in general and on any platform...then FL Studio has long had a performance mode...the newest version that has seen some YT vid previews of realtime timestretching with tempo automation tracks....getting towards a fully scalable UI....got to be up there. Soon to be available on Mac too.

• Looks like Korg are about to announce something Synth !Korg Volca Wave & VC-1

• @MAtrixplan said:
    Does any of developers announced anything? I remember only Auxy...
    I can't wait for some news from NI

What did Auxy announce?

• I will be at NAMM tweeting live updates, and performing a series “Making Music With SICKLUGGAGE”

If you will be at NAMM, or if if you live near there, we will be having a Mobile Music Meetup. Here are the details: https://www.meetup.com/Mobile-Music-Meetup/events/246696068/

• What did Auxy announce?

See here:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/23763/new-version-of-auxy-coming-soon/p1
    25.01 but It don't know anything more

• I will be there doing some set up interviews and meets ups and reviews I cant wait. Im around the corner from the convention

• @MAtrixplan said:

What did Auxy announce?

See here:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/23763/new-version-of-auxy-coming-soon/p1
    25.01 but It don't know anything more

A week tomorrow apparently....we'll see :)

• Would it be worth driving up from San Diego or is it gonna be short and just new release info ?

Would love to meet up and talk share in person though.

• Apple sometimes releases updates/audio apps during NAMM. Let's go Logic X Mobile!

• @Matthew said:
    Apple sometimes releases updates/audio apps during NAMM. Let's go Logic X Mobile!

Was just thinking about something similar, maybe we'll see GarageBand Plus :)
    I'm guessing we'll see some updates from Korg too...

• I’m hoping for more gadgets and gadget updates....
    New GarageBand patches and updates

• Who knows, maybe we'll even see an update to Cubasis with added support for AUv3 Midi, Folders, Busses/Track-Routing, Tempo Track, PPQ Increase, more Grid Options and maybe non-destructive Quantise and If I could 'wish' more, built-in control of UR-Interfaces without the need to use the dspMixFX.app...

• @Samu
    That list probably covers 2-3 NAMMs :)
    I'm not sure if a tablet DAW should compete with a desktop DAW that costs 10 times more.