Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Garageband MIDI question

Apologies if this is obvious (it feels like it should be).

GarageBand for iPhone has got it's hooks into me with its new update.. Very quick workflow, well featured and fun to use too! AU effects make everything better.

However, I can't work out how to do one of two things:

A: [preferable] Move MIDI from a 'guitar' instrument track to a keyboard or 'other' track.

B: Change the instrument of a a 'guitar' or other instrument track to another kind of track.

Or are we just dealing with Apple Limitations [TM] here?

Cheers!

Comments

• some instruments contain additional data like different articulations and I think those instruments' midi tracks are not changeable against other instruments

• There are some other 'limitations' as well.
    Garageband does many things right but giving the user full control of what is going on ain't one of them.

• basically, if you play "regular" guitar, bass or strings from the keyboards instruments (grouped under other), then those can be moved to other keyboard tracks, but if you use smart instruments with their extra information in them ("mute", "staccato" etc) then you can't