Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blocs update

Comments

• @blocsxnovation I see your reasoning behind prioritizing your own hardware. You can easily integrate it with software and the user experience can be flawless. Easy to setup and use. A lot of people do not like fiddling with settings and things. They just want to hook things up and they work.

I would definitly be up for a new controller designed to work with blocs. I would want some level of customization to it though as I do like to fiddle with things. Maybe have 2 modes, a blocs mode, and a not so blocs mode.

• @Proto said:
    I wish Blocs supported iTunes file sharing so you can copy all your soundbanks at once instead of importing sounds one by one.
    I hope one day apple allows importing multiple files without using a PC, but at the moment iTunes file sharing is the only option.

Yes! I also need the reverse, with some long samples I recorded in that I can't find an elegant way to export.

• @ksound said:

@Proto said:
    I wish Blocs supported iTunes file sharing so you can copy all your soundbanks at once instead of importing sounds one by one.
    I hope one day apple allows importing multiple files without using a PC, but at the moment iTunes file sharing is the only option.

Yes! I also need the reverse, with some long samples I recorded in that I can't find an elegant way to export.

If you add your recording to a pad, go to edit, then use the export at the bottom instead of the one at the top you can export just that single sample.

• edited January 2017

@5pinlink said:
    Such a shame, good software could be great with MIDI, had to replace Launchpad with Remixlive for that reason.

>

Each to our own. I deleted RemixLive because State Saving under AudioBus was never added. Makes using it that way a Royal pain. I trust Novation to add Midi in due course, along with other features.

• @5pinlink said:
    I use RemixlIve on a Windows tablet ;)

Glad to read you have a way to enjoy it.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    If you add your recording to a pad, go to edit, then use the export at the bottom instead of the one at the top you can export just that single sample.

Appreciate ya!

• Why am I getting the same 3 or 4 vocals when randomising via Find , Discover & Vocal tab?

I own 42 packs.

Am I missing something?

There's 56 vocal clips available to me but it's the same 3 or 4 rotating.

• Just tried the same with FX and it's only choosing from Ambient Glitch or Jungle bells packs. Think these are a couple of the free launchpad packs.

Shouldn't this be randomly choosing between ALL my available packs? @blocsxnovation ?

• Same with the vocal clips.

It's only selecting clips from the same 2 Packs. Dark Trap & French House.

This can't be right?

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Same with the vocal clips.

It's only selecting clips from the same 2 Packs. Dark Trap & French House.

This can't be right?

It's a bug. OR.....it knows what you need. AI and all. Pipe and slippers time for you my man...

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Why am I getting the same 3 or 4 vocals when randomising via Find , Discover & Vocal tab?
    I own 42 packs.
    Am I missing something?

We're aware of this one. Expect some tweaks to discover mode over the next few months.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Why am I getting the same 3 or 4 vocals when randomising via Find , Discover & Vocal tab?

I own 42 packs.

Am I missing something?

I have the same Problem, i own all Packs and Loops comes Every Time the same.

• Also, to be clear, part of the discover mode functionality you are experiencing IS intentional.

We've written an algorithm that figures out what might be 'best' for you, for example, it might look at which sounds require the least amount of time stretching, among a whole host of other factors. However, right now the range is quite 'close' so we are looking at ways to 'open' this range up if you want to be more adventurous.

• edited January 2017

@blocsxnovation said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    I own 42 packs.
    Am I missing something?

We're aware of this one. Expect some tweaks to discover mode over the next few months.

months??

:(

@blocsxnovation said:
    Also, to be clear, part of the discover mode functionality you are experiencing IS intentional.

We've written an algorithm that figures out what might be 'best' for you, for example, it might look at which sounds require the least amount of time stretching, among a whole host of other factors. However, right now the range is quite 'close' so we are looking at ways to 'open' this range up if you want to be more adventurous.

choosing loops from just 2 of my 42 packs is really not best for me.

Especially when one these is a seasonal Jungle Bells! :/

Nice app but this algorithm practically makes the discover function redundant.

Can't this have some kind of toggle, one of which is completely free reign... choose from ALL available?

Thanks for considering. :)

• Yeah. All toggle would be the choice of many of us I'm guessing....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Yeah. All toggle would be the choice of many of us I'm guessing....

A slider to control the strength of the algorithm would be my choice

• @AndyPlankton said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Free will/no choice :)

• @blocsxnovation I would consider opening up the randomizing range quite a bit to all the way. You can always hit the button again and I think part of the joy is discovering combinations you wouldn't normally think of. Honestly I was always a bit disappointed to find out that discover is not a really a good way to fully explore the sound packs being that it always suggests the same thing over and over. Just make it totally random within the instrument type (drums, bass, etc)

• Randomize shandomize, lets keep our eyes on the pitch control balls! :)

• Discover has always been more of a toy than anything that could substitute for ears and inspiration.

Stuff like individual note and tempo control over the six banks would be far more useful. And a reverse sample button. And a really good way to export multiple projects, plus reinstate them individually with all settings.

• edited January 2017

Yah! x2 /2 payback speed! Reverse! Yum! I still love this thing.

• edited January 2017

@AndyPlankton said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@blocsxnovation Something along the lines of a toggle/setting that had the options of selecting from pools of All Packs/User Clips/Algorithm would be my preference.

• i cant get inter app audio to work in blocs suddenly. tried it in ab3, aum, and cubasis

• OCTAVE SHIFT FOR KEY CHANGE some samples get too chipmunky

• def a bug going on

• @LeonLeroy said:
    i cant get inter app audio to work in blocs suddenly. tried it in ab3, aum, and cubasis

While I am not sure what you are referring to, I can confirm that Blocs does not hook up with AUM correctly, so the track fader has no effect. Seems to work in Audiobus 3 though. Also, if you use Link, Blocs does not sync correctly.
    If you start/stop with Link running, Blocs always starts toward the end of its loop cycle no matter where in the loop cycle the main Link timeline is.

• @CracklePot said:

@LeonLeroy said:
    i cant get inter app audio to work in blocs suddenly. tried it in ab3, aum, and cubasis

Also, if you use Link, Blocs does not sync correctly.
    If you start/stop with Link running, Blocs always starts toward the end of its loop cycle no matter where in the loop cycle the main Link timeline is.

Good to know there's a reason for this. As it is I never know where the 1 is in my loops anyway....

• edited November 2017

@AmpifyxNovation said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    I own 42 packs.
    Am I missing something?

While we're discussing blocs.

@AmpifyxNovation Did Discover mode get the 'tweaks' you mentioned? Cheers.

• @CracklePot said:
    While I am not sure what you are referring to, I can confirm that Blocs does not hook up with AUM correctly, so the track fader has no effect.

>

Yep. Blocks Wave is broken with AUM, or AUM is broken with Blocks Wave. :'(