Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GarageBand and Logic Pro Update

Apparently GB iOS just got Alchemy, and you can now work back and forth between GB and LPX. Can't confirm until I get home but:

http://www.theverge.com/2017/1/18/14312428/apple-garage-band-ios-logic-pro-x-music-software-updates

Comments

• Many good things! New effects(visual Eq),AU effects, Alchemy sounds...downloading again to see.

• ooooooooo...

GarageBand 2.2. on iOS has a redesigned sound browser, includes “multi-take recording” (giving users the option of recording and switching between different takes), and has more advanced studio effects, like vocal effects, pitch correction, and distortion effects. It also now includes the Alchemy software synthesizer, which was previously in Logic Pro X, Apple’s pro music software.

• Redownloading now. It also seems they added au hosting. Interesting...

• well, this appears to be quite coooooooool.

• The images look like Alchemy got a hit from the design department. And.not for the good? It looks a bit.....trimmed down in regards to graphics compared to the original Alchemy I have on my ipad........

• Visual EQ's should be standard. Wonder how long it will take for Cubasis to get them :)

• Update is available now but 1.3gig :#

It also says iPhone 6 or higher
    Wonder if iPhone SE qualifies?

• Exactly as I had hoped. If it's stable it will be my default iOS DAW

• An exciting update - should be worth taking another look. I still wish they would open up Audiobus rather than just being one-way, I would use it a lot more if it were otherwise.

• Awesome news

• edited January 2017

@Munibeast said:
    Redownloading now. It also seems they added au hosting. Interesting...

That's really old news... unless you're talking about effects which are currently not supported.

Edit: just checked. AU effects finally added.

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Update is available now but 1.3gig :#

It also says iPhone 6 or higher
    Wonder if iPhone SE qualifies?

Why wouldn't?
    The iPhone SE came out after the iPhone 6 and it's more powerful.

• @Lacm1993 Thanks just haven't had a chance to download.

• Auria's still the best, but I can see myself spending a lot of time working in GarageBand because of Alchemy and (specially) pitch correction. Downloading. Early adopters: is the pitch correction Autotune-like or FlexPitch-like?

• from itunes description:

• Play and record using the new Alchemy Touch Instrument with over 150 synth patches*
    • Quickly find Touch Instruments and patches with a redesigned sound browser
    • Capture your voice or instrument and apply studio-class effects like pitch correction, distortion and delay with the new Audio Recorder
    • Use new mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher, and Overdrive
    • Add third-party effects using Audio Unit Extensions**
    • Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favorite using Multi-Take Recording
    • Perform with Chord Strips from any keyboard instrument
    • Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
    • Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro X project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
    • Stability improvements and bug fixes

• Well, I can't help it but I do not like the way Garageband handles velocity-input using accelerometer, it simply does not work well on the Air 2.(I honestly prefer the Y-axis method for touch-screens).

There is still no way to edit automation data, pitch-bend can be recorded but not edited :(

Oh well, there's always room for improvement :)

• Holy shit batman!!!

• I think Gadget for loop based stuff and for midi sequencing, and Garageband for more linear stuff will be my go-to apps for the foreseeable future...

• That sounds a game changer!

• Oh wow, the choir/ vocals presets in alchemy are absolutely amazing! :D

• love the way everything looks on the 12.9 iPad. (Old and new stuff)
    Great interface that takes advantage of the screen sometimes in subtle ways that you hardly notice but make everything better.

Trying it on my iPhone... a question for iPhone users... it's probably so obvious but I can't figure it out... how do you change instruments?, inside the keyboard change the piano for an organ for example?
    I'm finding the iPhone interface really confusing... (first time trying it, wanted to check AU look on the small screen)

• @Lacm1993 said:
    love the way everything looks on the 12.9 iPad. (Old and new stuff)
    Great interface that takes advantage of the screen sometimes in subtle ways that you hardly notice but make everything better.

Trying it on my iPhone... a question for iPhone users... it's probably so obvious but I can't figure it out... how do you change instruments?, inside the keyboard change the piano for an organ for example?
    I'm finding the iPhone interface really confusing... (first time trying it, wanted to check AU look on the small screen)

can't remember for sure, but try swiping left/right on the instrument?

• @Lacm1993 said:

Click on the triangle in the top left corner.

• @WillCoxon said:

@Lacm1993 said:

Click on the triangle in the top left corner.

And then click on the 'Grand Piano' icon (for instance) to get a list of the other presets.

• @theconnactic said:
    Auria's still the best, but I can see myself spending a lot of time working in GarageBand because of Alchemy and (specially) pitch correction. Downloading. Early adopters: is the pitch correction Autotune-like or FlexPitch-like?

Seems Auto-Tune like however I haven't seen a way to constrain to a key or scale etc. Probably just uses chromatic behind the scenes

• So far it seems AU effects can be used as inserts but not as sends (or so-called master effects).

• my downloading of this update is taking forever, no idea why this happens... did they add AU automation by any chance? that's the first thing I wanted to check

• edited January 2017

Alchemyyyy

• Where can I find Alchemy?