Audiobus: Your virtual music studio.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New app: Reslice by VirSyn

1910111315

Comments

  • ative and musical demo. Thanks for doing these, you've convinced me to hit the Buy button.

    @gmslayton said:
    @ExAsperis99 Thanks. I am glad you like my videos.

    What other drum apps do I need to make sure we are Sympatico? I do own DM1 but its currently not installed. Gadget has drums as well.

    Like, all of them? :)
    SeekBeats, especially, is remarkable. DM2 just had a great update.

  • @Richtowns said:

    @Korakios said:

    I could not find on VirSyn site ,support for the app to report the issue.

    It's here, click on support link on this page ....
    http://www.virsyn.net/mobileapp/

    They are pretty good at support

    Thanks :)

  • @gmslayton thx for the Video

  • @Bartlinux said:
    @gmslayton thx for the Video

    And Not Importanz how Many drum Apps you have or Not have

  • I see a lot of potential in this app, with further refinements.

    I love Samplr, and i tried to love ReSlice, too. It didnt worked out for me - i was not searching for a brillant arp which combines with a not-so-brillant sampleslicer, and a product which has some quirks. I like the developer very much! So i gave it a try.

    1) Only working sample import is Audioshare. Really? No Audiocopy, even no direct iTunes support??

    This is not enough, sorry. Not for me. For me it is a bummer.

    2) IAA and Audiobus didnt worked. De-installed app, re-installed it again: same issue. Updated iOS in recovery mode: didnt helped. De-installed audiobus and re-installed it again: didnt helped.

    ??!

    3) For my needs almost every sample slicer should give some options to edit the sample (cut & trim). This would be very helpful. Very, very helpful.

    It could be done (just a suggestion) when the app gets 4 pages at all (now: "slice", "arp", "effx"), for example: "slice", "edit", "arp", "fx") - then the point/whish 4 + 6) could be implemented, too...

    (oh, yes: this is bad, bad, ugly, ugly feature requesting)

    4) I want to have a sample slicer, where i can delete complete slices and re-arrange the sequence of the sclices within the sample slicing tool.

    5) Audio quality was OK, but not brillant - a bit too much phasing (which is imho not the fault of the developer, there are technical reasons fo this) - an antiphasing option would have been great.

    (part one of two)

  • (part two of two)

    6) I like the fx quality (not vor every single aspect, but In the sum total the fx is great), but for my needs i want to have them per single slide! This is the thing i am looking for, especialy for reverb, delay and distortion. Ring mod & phaser would be cool. Separetely per slice!

    Please: Is there any hope to get FX for single slices separately? Is there another app/sampleslicer which offers this?

    It would be so great, for my ideas of music - and for lots of other musicians. Maybe another screen would be an idea to implement this.

    (i am afraid virsyn has lots of other things to do - and really, i like the developer)

    7) Yes, the arp is great. Very, very cool. Very versatile. It gives lots of musical options. I cannot praise it enough!

    But i still miss a dynamic random option - where some steps gets randomly changed while play of the arp (to set for example random/"r" for single arp steps.

    I also have the wish, that i can set for the notes in the arp the gatelength (2 additional options would be enough: half the gate lenght, double gate length).

    8) Exporting single slices would be fine. Or did i miss something?

    9) The random options in the slicer page could eventually get improved. Maybe an additional "slight random" option would be enough. For example, if you use random for "level", the musical result is (in 100 of 100 cases) not useful now: Too much parameter change! For example a slide with "-25 db" is nearly unhearable in a musical context. Same is true for "Attack", "Decay" and "release". From a mathematical viewpoint the randomisation is correct, but from musical perspective it is far too intense and too often working with parameter settings, which make the result un-useable.

    Too keep long things short: We would be happy with a small refinement, an additional "slight random" option. Additionally a random option (better: "slight random") for all of the settings in the slicer page would be fine. Right now the green cube/random option next to the red recording option does change the arp settings, even if you use it in on the slicer page...

    I am a bit torn, because i like this app, there are great ideas implemented (like the pitch quantisizer option, the ingenious arp) - but sorry, for now i have to say: This is not the sampleslicer i am looking for. But i understand (and i am sure) this is a great tool for a lot of iOS musicians. It has a lot to offer, it is inspiring, all in all it is a great and useful app, even if it is not the right one for me.

  • @Looping_Loddar said:
    I see a lot of potential in this app, with further refinements.

    I love Samplr, and i tried to love ReSlice, too. It didnt worked out for me - i was not searching for a brillant arp which combines with a not-so-brillant sampleslicer, and a product which has some quirks. I like the developer very much! So i gave it a try.

    1) Only working sample import is Audioshare. Really? No Audiocopy, even no direct iTunes support??

    This is not enough, sorry. Not for me. For me it is a bummer.

    2) IAA and Audiobus didnt worked. De-installed app, re-installed it again: same issue. Updated iOS in recovery mode: didnt helped. De-installed audiobus and re-installed it again: didnt helped.

    ??!

    3) For my needs almost every sample slicer should give some options to edit the sample (cut & trim). This would be very helpful. Very, very helpful.

    It could be done (just a suggestion) when the app gets 4 pages at all (now: "slice", "arp", "effx"), for example: "slice", "edit", "arp", "fx") - then the point/whish 4 + 6) could be implemented, too...

    (oh, yes: this is bad, bad, ugly, ugly feature requesting)

    4) I want to have a sample slicer, where i can delete complete slices and re-arrange the sequence of the sclices within the sample slicing tool.

    5) Audio quality was OK, but not brillant - a bit too much phasing (which is imho not the fault of the developer, there are technical reasons fo this) - an antiphasing option would have been great.

    (part one of two)

    makes perfect sense to me..... samplers that don't sample and sample slicers that don't edit slices is the reason why earth has yet to be invited into the galactic federation, luckily for us virsyn is no fly-by-night operation and well known to be brilliant. Hopefully they will remedy this.

  • @Looping_Loddar sampling works for me (iOS 10.2 Air2). I think ReSlice targets to live sampling and rearranging/ tweaking on-the-fly. Maybe iMPC pro, or BM2 would be better option for you.

  • edited February 2017

    .

    2) IAA and Audiobus didnt worked. De-installed app, re-installed it again: same issue. Updated iOS in recovery mode: didnt helped. De-installed audiobus and re-installed it again: didnt helped.

    Strange, always worked perfectly for me, in Audiobus and AUM.

  • @Korakios said:
    @Looping_Loddar sampling works for me (iOS 10.2 Air2). I think ReSlice targets to live sampling and rearranging/ tweaking on-the-fly. Maybe iMPC pro, or BM2 would be better option for you.

    I agree. Reslice does a very specific thing and, to me, does it very well. I fire up another app to do the things it doesn't do.

  • edited February 2017

    @lukesleepwalker said:

    @Korakios said:
    @Looping_Loddar sampling works for me (iOS 10.2 Air2). I think ReSlice targets to live sampling and rearranging/ tweaking on-the-fly. Maybe iMPC pro, or BM2 would be better option for you.

    I agree. Reslice does a very specific thing and, to me, does it very well. I fire up another app to do the things it doesn't do.

    Well, i agree with you.

    On the other hand i love it to experiment with sounds and loops, and my idea is to do it in a very fast way. That means: Within an app. It is possible to slice a loop in a different app, then do some really nice editing (incl. fx, pitch etc.) for each single slice, then combine all this slices again in the order you think it will be the best, and then...

    ...re-import it to ReSlice to get the fun and really great experimental opportunities with ReSlice, as a sampleslicing arp and slicer tool.

    Yes it is possible. Your are absolutely right. But it wouldnt be any fun, sorry. It would be too much effort, too much time-consuming, not very good for playing around and experimenting - at least for me.

    That is my point of view. I suppose you see it completely different. So, maybe i am completely wrong and it even would be annoying for any user of ReSlice to get the features i have requested!

    Maybe my feature requests are only useful for my needs and no other person/musician in this galaxy would enjoy it or have a use for it.

    My point is: Viryn ReSlice could have much more power as a reslicing tool. But, as i said it, i am maybe the only person who wishes this. So: You are absolutely right. I suppose you dont have wishes like this and no need for enhancements.

    Fine. But i do.

  • @Looping_Loddar I think we all want ReSlice to become way more advanced as long it keeps the workflow simple. There are endless features that could be also added such as

    • filter/resonance
    • fx send
    • loop points
    • Time stretch
    • Audio out
      per slice

    We are on the same side! I just disagree on buying an app and then complain about features that where never advertised to be implemented :) (I did that in the past, now I carefully read description, details in forums ,watch videos before I push the buy button)

  • @Korakios said:
    buying an app and then complain about features that where never advertised

    Wait. I thought that was the purpose of this forum. :)

  • edited February 2017

    @ecamburn said:

    @Korakios said:
    buying an app and then complain about features that where never advertised

    Wait. I thought that was the purpose of this forum. :)

    ;-)

    I think this is a slight misunderstanding what i did and my reasons. I am not a developer (my fault) and i am not such a good expert (my fault), so that i know everything in advance.

    I know: I a perfect world there is absolutely no need to try out an app and to look, if it fits to your needs. I tried this app and have had the hope, that i would find a way that i find it for my needs appropriate. And yes, i am such a bastard that i wrote what i am missing.

    Sorry for that. Yes, you are absolutely right, that i dont have the right to write about my experiences and especially i dont have the right to write what i think what i am missing.

    BIG SORRY AGAIN!!!!

    You are absolutely right again. Thank you for educating me.

  • @Looping_Loddar said:

    @ecamburn said:

    @Korakios said:
    buying an app and then complain about features that where never advertised

    Wait. I thought that was the purpose of this forum. :)

    ;-)

    I think this is a slight misunderstanding what i did and my reasons. I am not a developer (my fault) and i am not such a good expert (my fault), so that i know everything in advance.

    I know: I a perfect world there is absolutely no need to try out an app and to look, if it fits to your needs. I tried this app and have had the hope, that i would find a way that i find it for my needs appropriate. And yes, i am such a bastard that i wrote what i am missing.

    Sorry for that. Yes, you are absolutely right, that i dont have the right to write about my experiences and especially i dont have the right to write what i think what i am missing.

    BIG SORRY AGAIN!!!!

    You are absolutely right again. Thank you for educating me.

  • @ecamburn said:

    @Korakios said:
    buying an app and then complain about features that where never advertised

    Wait. I thought that was the purpose of this forum. :)

    :p

  • It's all good, @Looping_Loddar. I understand where you are coming from. I'm just coming from a different place, which was widely understood to be a good thing until January 20 or so. That's a joke, friends.

  • Yes looping_loddar you are right about what's missing in the sample slicer, and yes we're in sample slicing hell because we have to use 3 slicers to do what one sample slicer is supposed to do, and no you won't ever get used to it.... But at least we're together.

  • @Looping_Loddar I was totally kidding. If we had to stop complaining about app features we wanted, 99.5% of the content on this board would disappear. :)

  • edited February 2017

    A quick question for you guys, i'm looking for an app i can sample into from other apps and hardware so can be synced and armed to record on play back? I want to record from apps while using Takete and also record sequences from my mopho sequenced by a Beatstep and use the BS as the master clock so need good midi implementation. Also can you have four loops simultaneously or is it just one?

    ETA: I'm looking for an app i can bounce and edit loops with while using Takete before importing the loop into Takete.

  • @musikmachine said:
    A quick question for you guys, i'm looking for an app i can sample into from other apps and hardware so can be synced and armed to record on play back? I want to record from apps while using Takete and also record sequences from my mopho sequenced by a Beatstep and use the BS as the master clock so need good midi implementation. Also can you have four loops simultaneously or is it just one?

    ETA: I'm looking for an app i can bounce and edit loops with while using Takete before importing the loop into Takete.

    What you're looking for is Ableton Live. Sadly nothing perfectly identical to it exists on IOS at this time. Maybe Loopy HD ? Maybe the new quantiloop ? sadly I do not own either....

  • @gonekrazy3000 said:

    @musikmachine said:
    A quick question for you guys, i'm looking for an app i can sample into from other apps and hardware so can be synced and armed to record on play back? I want to record from apps while using Takete and also record sequences from my mopho sequenced by a Beatstep and use the BS as the master clock so need good midi implementation. Also can you have four loops simultaneously or is it just one?

    ETA: I'm looking for an app i can bounce and edit loops with while using Takete before importing the loop into Takete.

    What you're looking for is Ableton Live. Sadly nothing perfectly identical to it exists on IOS at this time. Maybe Loopy HD ? Maybe the new quantiloop ? sadly I do not own either....

    Wow never heard of quantiloop before, looks good! I have Live but i judt want an editor i can bounce an slic loops into not like a real-time looper, just something i can record into as Takete is playing and edit before copying it into Takete. I noticed LP-5 has a live recorder IAP and really good midi implementation but loops need to be loaded into Takete to capture the output.

  • I use Loopy for what you describe and know that several others on the forum do as well. I find it is the easiest to record samples/loops and then "open in" another app.

  • Yeah that's what I'm thinking but the appeal with this is slicing and reworking stuff. If you can ask record great, otherwise how does it record the audio in? Idea is have Takete playing, create loop with ielectribe or from Mopho, record into Slicer, edit and rearrange/mangle etc, load into Takete. Perhaps via loopy if that isnt possible, just trying to keep the number of apps involved to a minimum.

  • @Proto said:
    I wish Reslice supported a solo mode for each slice so we can control the pitch using the keyboard like a normal sampler. Some more loop options like forward/rewind looping for a slice is also welcome. If the solo mode is supported it can also replace samplers like lyra and cubasis mini sampler.
    Its all about the arp the way it is now and expected a bit more options. Its a nice app, but it could be a killer app if this is added in the future.

    ITOH controlling pitch from CC and making timestretch also independent with granular sampling ala samplewiz (and CC control from midi again) could turn this app into the vsynth standalone that lots of people wished over ages...
    @VirSyn it's this possible? Makes sense to anyone else play chop melodies keeping the sample stretched? For me this with midi control will make this my only slicer ftw (Are you listen @blocsxnovation?)

    ;)

  • edited February 2017

    ^^ + 1000 (plus loop points)

  • I noticed the other day ReSlice shows up in the effects slot it IAA, anyone figure out a way to run another app through it's effects?

  • @1P18 said:
    I noticed the other day ReSlice shows up in the effects slot it IAA, anyone figure out a way to run another app through it's effects?

    Doesn't show up in AudioBus, I guess it's just a little glitch. Besides, forgot they have the standalone effects app, doubt they'd open up ReSlice to being an effects app too.

  • @1P18 said:
    I noticed the other day ReSlice shows up in the effects slot it IAA, anyone figure out a way to run another app through it's effects?

    Just tried it in AUM, doesn't seem to do anything at the moment unfortunately.

  • The effects in ReSlice can only be used from the sound generated by the ReSlice engine. The reason to have an effect version is simply to use the record function for "live slicing" with any Audiobus source app.

Sign In or Register to comment.