Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: for the guitarists who reside here :)

This is my latest guitar build and it took 7 months to complete. It's a copy of a 'version 3' Weissenborn. It's sounds great and very good fun to play.

Anyone else here play slide guitar and want to share tabs and experiences :)

I have still to sit it into a recording yet but am working on a new tune and will record into Auria at some point very soon.

Comments

• Now that's a hobby. Congrats.

• Thanks Johnny, it was great fun to make but it's GREAT fun to learn, so refreshing from standard guitar.

• edited January 2017

Beautiful guitar.

I've always threatened to put away all my instruments and focus on learning slide guitar. Usually lasts for about one week, then my slides go onto the shelf, right next to my banjo picks and my "Learn how to play ragtime piano" lesson books.

• wimwim
    edited January 2017

Very nice @dblonde! My first (and so far only) guitar building experience was an amazingly satisfying journey. The end result was better in some ways, worse in others, than I expected, but the learning process was something I enjoyed every minute of. I'm feeling like a 12-string project is struggling its way to the surface of my will now.

As for slide ... @Seangarland I can totally relate. I can never stand to listen to myself long enough to get anywhere. More like one day than one week though.

• @seangarland @wim
    you are both quite correct in your experiences as I was just the same, using a brass bar on my Lowden 010 just sounded plain horrid.
    A real lap slide is sooooo different, its like a completely new instrument with some similarities to the guitar we know and play.
    If you get a chance to try one you will be hooked :)

• nice one B)
    I used an italian EKO from the 60s for slide... unfortunately she broke in the true sense if the word. Didn't find a replacement yet.

• I love slide guitar....and that looks like you have done a really nice job on it. :)

I was just pondering getting an acoustic for slide playing yesterday, I need to put in requests for my upcoming 50th birthday present.

• @andyplakton
    congrats on getting to the 50 mark :)
    mine this year also, its a good time to start with the slide :)

• @dblonde said:
    @andyplakton

Not quite made it yet...another couple of weeks to go :D

I'm stuck between old boy and new boy toys, acoustic for slide, or a shiny new synth ? :D

• @AndyPlankton said:

@dblonde said:
    @andyplakton

I'm stuck between old boy and new boy toys, acoustic for slide, or a shiny new synth ? :D

Got to be a classic analogue synth for your 50th. Put an original VCS3 on your birthday list.

• @MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@dblonde said:
    @andyplakton

Got to be a classic analogue synth for your 50th. Put an original VCS3 on your birthday list.

:D If only....my current candidates are BassStation II, Microbrute.....really torn between the two.

Both sound great, BassStation has Program memories and swing on the step sequencer, Microbrute is VCO not DCO and has the 'force me to play it' factoer with not having memory locations.

• Wow! Electric guitarist myself. But this is beautiful. Well done man. I lack the skills to build one myself. They started teaching it at my college...the year after I left. Obviously.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@dblonde said:
    @andyplakton

:D If only....my current candidates are BassStation II, Microbrute.....really torn between the two.

Both sound great, BassStation has Program memories and swing on the step sequencer, Microbrute is VCO not DCO and has the 'force me to play it' factoer with not having memory locations.

The Microbrute sounds amazing, I'd go for that one!

• @MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@dblonde said:
    @andyplakton

The Microbrute sounds amazing, I'd go for that one!

I started a new thread https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/16983/ot-which-synth-for-300 so as to not hijack this one ;)

• edited January 2017

@AndyPlankton
    it should be which synth for your 50th birthday :)
    good luck, its all good fun.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @AndyPlankton Half way home.....

I'd like to think I'm only half way, That would give me time to get a porch to stamp on while I play that slide guitar :)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I'd like to think I'm only half way, That would give me time to get a porch to stamp on while I play that slide guitar :)

...and then a red blanket to huddle under and keep warm as the drool accumulates. See you there... ;)

• @dblonde said:
    @AndyPlankton
    it should be which synth for your 50th birthday :)
    good luck, its all good fun.

I still haven't ruled out getting an acoustic yet :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

...and then a red blanket to huddle under and keep warm as the drool accumulates. See you there... ;)

Oh boy the mental image that just conjured up.......I could think of many, many, worse places to end up ;)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Oh boy the mental image that just conjured up.......I could think of many, many, worse places to end up ;)

It'll be fine. Sister Morphine on the ward and all....

• Nice job! This thread reminded me of the Moog lap steel:

• That's a beautiful guitar. Congratulations.

• edited January 2017

@flo26
    thank you.

@supanorton
    this is the kind of thing that would work well on some of your tracks i've heard :)

• edited January 2017

@dblonde Yes it would. Interested in laying something down when I'm done with the next one? My slide playing leaves much to be desired, rudimentary at best.

• @supanorton
    Absolutely interested :)
    That's why I mentioned it. Let me know when you have something in mind.
    Cheers
    David

• Very nice looking guitar! Nice work.

• Amen brotha!

@supanorton said:
    That's a beautiful guitar. Congratulations.

• Absolutely beautiful! I enjoy working on the electronics of my electric guitars - and I've done a few structural things like changing bridges and tuners. But I have no luthier skills and would love to be able to do something like that. Or at least work on the aspects of my guitars that impact playability. Beautifully done - I'm sure that's a well known thing for slide players but I hadn't seen a body shape like that!