Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beat maker 3 this year! Beta testing almost over

So beat maker 3 beta testing is almost done. I've been testing it since last year and I can tell you it's amazing. The features are almost overwhelming in comparison to beat maker 2. As requested by the developers. I cannot take pictures or videos of in App features. But I can say it will be worth every penny.

Comments

• Intua said once on twitter that there also will be an OSX/macOS version.
    I wonder if that is still the case.
    It would be another crossplatform DAW.

• Good news, though I admit I'd like "BeatMaker This Month" a lot better.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    Good news, though I admit I'd like "BeatMaker This Month" a lot better.

+1 Any preview soon?

• And thanks @jankobob - welcome to the forum!

• Do we know anything about the price-point?
    All I know is that it will be a completely new app...

It's going to be an 'expensive' spring (at least in iOS terms)...

• @Samu said:
    Do we know anything about the price-point?
    All I know is that it will be a completely new app...

It's going to be an 'expensive' spring (at least in iOS terms)...

No price point yet I'm thinking 29.99 and yea they built this from the ground up things are definitely different from 2. Somethings like chopping samples to pads are a lot Quicker. They also take some of the live functions from imaschine2 which is pretty cool.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    And thanks @jankobob - welcome to the forum!

thanks for having me

• @Cib said:
    Intua said once on twitter that there also will be an OSX/macOS version.
    I wonder if that is still the case.
    It would be another crossplatform DAW.

Yea I believe it will be set up like Imaschine is. I know they are working on it as well. Not sure the time frame between the iOS app and the OS X program release.

• @jankobob said:

So beat maker 3 beta testing is almost done. I've been testing it since last year and I can tell you it's amazing. The features are almost overwhelming in comparison to beat maker 2. As requested by the developers. I cannot take pictures or videos of in App features. But I can say it will be worth every penny.

Thanks for the info.
    Can you tell us more about:
    -The overall look. I hated those short faders.
    -Ease of use, navigation.
    -Type of export
    Thanks

• @hansjbs said:

No kidding. I hope they have long-throw faders a la Auria ...but did not take away the x/y pads on each effect. I loved editing via x/y.

• how is the process of getting audio files in an out of beatmaker. are there tons of folder to dig through? like beatmaker 2. or is it a more streamlined process? i can't wait!

• As long as it still works on the phone buying it will be a no brainer! :-)

• edited January 2017

Is it gonna cure my Jones for the MPC Live?

• @jankobob :Will it have an instruction manual?

• Will surely be ready for Christmas. Hallelujah!

• I'll be happy if the selection tools when editing samples have proper selection-handles so I won't accidentally loose the selection when scrolling around :) (It's one of the things that I sometimes get frustrated about in BM2).

If BM3 accepts/imports files sent to it using 'Open In...' and 'imports using iCloudDrive/DocmentPicker' and uses the same the methods for Export we're all set.

I'm so looking forward to checking out both Beahawk 2 and Beatmaker 3 and see how they compare...

• @hansjbs said:

@jankobob said:

Thanks for the info.
    Can you tell us more about:
    -Ease of use, navigation.
    -Type of export
    Thanks

there is a bit of a learning curve I feel its not too hard to pick up and use if you used beat maker 2 but there are alot of changes. the look is alot cleaner makes it feel way more professional. also they are still making alot of changes each release I can see if i can find the notes from the last release. on the top there is your standard play functions. also a mixer, sequencer, edit pad and perform button along with a drop down menu that has sessions, presets, samples and a file browser button also withing that drop down you have access to settings and sound store. it looks like you also now have access to adding audio v3 plugins, mapping, modulations, layering fx, and your sampler which is really nice and easy to use. export options have a master and tracks option wave and aac 16-32 bit option. it also has the option to normalize now. on perform mode where you have your pads to the left you have. velocity, roll, and wheels for mod and pitch also sustain pedal input. to the right you have keys, select, scene, mute and solo. also at the bottom track fx, track macros easy access to the keys which are nice and big and chords/scales. there are alot of other features but i feel those are somethings to start off with hope that helps.

• edited January 2017

@Nu2moro said:
    As long as it still works on the phone buying it will be a no brainer! :-)

Same here!

EDIT: I see here they said in September '16 that it would be iPad first, iPhone to follow...

• @Telstar5 said:
    @jankobob :Will it have an instruction manual?

im not sure since im in beta testing, im sure they will have in on their website. or something. but from what i've seen not on the app.

• @eross said:
    how is the process of getting audio files in an out of beatmaker. are there tons of folder to dig through? like beatmaker 2. or is it a more streamlined process? i can't wait!

for me its one dedicated folder called samples and then you just pull from that. or you can make a few folders if you want. i used ifunbox to load samples in and out. so i made a folder called samples and in that new beats and then number them. within the file browser they easily show up.

• Sounds good to me @jankobob Thanks

• @Ivan_Dj said:
    Sounds good to me @jankobob Thanks

no problem

• and to answer the question about the faders the arent short ones like in BM2 i think you will be happy about that lol.

• @jankobob said:

@eross said:
    how is the process of getting audio files in an out of beatmaker. are there tons of folder to dig through? like beatmaker 2. or is it a more streamlined process? i can't wait!

for me its one dedicated folder called samples and then you just pull from that. or you can make a few folders if you want. i used ifunbox to load samples in and out. so i made a folder called samples and in that new beats and then number them. within the file browser they easily show up.

perfect :)

• The window is closing, Intua! Gadget's sampler comes out this week! Hurry!

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    The window is closing, Intua! Gadget's sampler comes out this week! Hurry!

..it does?!!? thought it was just an announcement Friday with more details and info. Wasn't expecting new Gadgets/updates for another month myself..

• @supadom said:
    Will surely be ready for Christmas. Hallelujah!

Ha!
    You know, ever since your "done with Intua" thread I've been checking the AppStore for #3...hoping the double reverse jinx mojo would move it along. Hurry up Xmas 2017!!!

• Maybe I'm being overly hopeful, but it seems (in the brief time I've been paying attention to this sort of thing), when Korg announces a Gadget, Boom! the Gadget is out. That said, this is different with the desktop expansion, so you may be right.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@supadom said:

Ha!
    You know, ever since your "done with Intua" thread I've been checking the AppStore for #3...hoping the double reverse jinx mojo would move it along. Hurry up Xmas 2017!!!

That was tongue in cheek. I indeed am through with it yet of course I'm gonna get it. Even if only for the sake of sentimental attachment. Just like that gf you've dumped. The one that you never got on with but was amazing in bed.

• @supadom said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@supadom said:

Ha!

That was tongue in cheek. I indeed am through with it yet of course I'm gonna get it. Even if only for the sake of sentimental attachment. Just like that gf you've dumped. The one that you never got on with but was amazing in bed.

Dumped her/married her, not sure sometimes.