Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget for Mac coming soon

Comments

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@u0421793 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    My poor wallet...

Yeah, those bastards, forcing us to buy stuff like that. I'd far prefer to be given the choice, if only there was free will.

Two quotes from Mister Singer. One for @u0421793

You must believe in free will; there is no choice.

And the other for the rest of us Gadgeteers:

Perhaps God throws away many experiments before He finds the right expression. Perhaps we are the discards — or we could be the part He keeps. This mystery is what keeps us all going, to see what happens in the next chapter.

Nice Johnny

• I hope Audio tracks are linear or at least have an option

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Noirflux said:

@Samu said:

@nick said:

Sent a note to the author. We will see.

maybe the author forgot to put a 'yet' or a 'currently' in that sentence

That is how I read it, as in 'currently not yet available on iOS' :)

I was also hoping for this after I reread it 10 times lol. Thanks for sending the note @ExAsperis99 :)

Reporter said he was simply quoting the press release and didn't mean to add confusion. He added he'd be amazed if the new gadgets weren't included on iOS....

This definitely changes the app-buying/gift card landscape for the near future...

Good to hear for now :D

@Halftone Agreed. I use midimux/dropbox when I want to get my IOS stuff into Ableton. If there is nothing new on the desktop version to offer than I'm not interested at all but good news overall.

• Noticed that the transport bar now has bars and beats - hopefully this can also be switched to minutes and seconds. It's always annoyed me that you can't see the length of a song in Gadget :-)

• @Philippe said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@Philippe said:
    Considering the price paid for Gadget on ios including all IAP, It would be honest from them to make it universal. Why would different platform mean that I have to pay twice?!
    Anyone have made the count? Hundreds...

I don't agree with you on that...

They make Gadget for Mac as a product to earn money on, and, to employ people in the company...
    Not too smart to give it away for free to thousands of customers without earning a cent...

I gladly pay $199 for a Mac version...

I think that the price of something should be honestly set following the work that has been done to make that thing. Most of the code was already there, and those thousands costumer already paid for that code. I would be glad to pay for the upgrade which would just be an honest deal, not for the whole thing again.
    I would see them follow their IAP business model. All you have paid for, you can "restore it", and for the new gadgets, you open the wallet.
    After all, isn't it the same apple ID for ios and mac? They sould be smart enough to make it work, I guess, I wish, I doubt.

If the Mac version for first-time Gadget buyers is more expensive than the iOS version, then why wouldn't iOS users have to pay that extra price for it? And Korg has been developing Gadget a long time for existing users without extra charge---except for a few relatively inexpensive IAPs. It may be reasonable to think that just the new features in the Mac version alone cost more than the entire current iOS version.

As I mused yesterday, I'm curious to see the pricing. Are desktop prices coming down? Can Korg make money selling stuff for what we've come to expect on iOS? Will they offer some big discounts as "upgrades" or introductory deals? I don't know. We're getting spoiled with what these great tools cost these days.

• You guys gotta stop whining about prices. It's a killjoy for people who are more interested in what's coming our way who already understand there's no such thing as a free lunch.

• My Mac's waiting for this. Bring it on! In as much as I love my iPad Pro, I love my workflow a lot better on the Mac. Imagine this on a beautiful 27inch screen

• @u0421793 said:

@Halftone said:
    I could care less about the Mac version …

I'm just the opposite - I couldn't care less about the Mac version. I've forgotten I ever used a Mac to make music, and I'm buggered if I'm going to buy the whole lot again (or any of it again). I've settled on the iPad as the place to make, and although there's resistance and friction, it already beats the ease of working I used to have when I was, for example, doing music on Mac System 7 on a Mac IIsi, and that sort of setup took years to develop to that point. The iPad points the way, I feel, if we give it a chance.

Each to their own. I have Gadget and I will also buy the Mac version for sure. It will give me more screen space and all that goodness.

• edited January 2017

@db909 said:
    Woo boy! Looks like they're finally working on making navigation smoother. Look at the mixer toggle on the upper left. If that means no more "back button, then expand" wankery, I'll be happy. Click # matters in music apps!

Yep, I guess that's why I never got into Gadget... Hope the split-screen thing is also for IOS..
    Now, all we need is a Gadget like the Electribe Sampler in there.. sweet

• @FrankieJay said:
    My Mac's waiting for this. Bring it on! In as much as I love my iPad Pro, I love my workflow a lot better on the Mac. Imagine this on a beautiful 27inch screen

Sometimes I hook up my iPad Pro to my apple TV and use my 32" bedroom TV for a jam session. Speakers on the TV are garbage but the size is awesome.

• @FrankieJay said:
    My Mac's waiting for this. Bring it on! In as much as I love my iPad Pro, I love my workflow a lot better on the Mac. Imagine this on a beautiful 27inch screen

I hear you. Many mobile apps are wonderful and have their advantages but, how I work, and what I've come to expect from a computer, iPads don't cover it. If Mac Gadget is a fully functional desktop app, I'll probably go for it. For those who don't want a computer, though, mobile does offer a lot and more all the time. Good thing In this consumer paradise is having options.

• I hope not. $99 is the the price point I wouldn't have to second-guess, and fair since the desktop version would not have the touch functionality of the iOS version.

@Cib said:
    I would pay 199€ too but since that is already the price for KLC (Korg Legacy Collection) i'm scared it's double the price or so.
    We will see soon....

• This is a win win situation for everyone. Audio plus midi plus whatever else you have equals joy whether on iPad or Mac. I haven't been using gadget a lot because of screen space but this Mac version will get a lot of funk from me. Logic Pro X just got a bump in the night.

• @ksound said:
    I hope not. $99 is the the price point I wouldn't have to second-guess, and fair since the desktop version would not have the touch functionality of the iOS version.

@Cib said:
    I would pay 199€ too but since that is already the price for KLC (Korg Legacy Collection) i'm scared it's double the price or so.
    We will see soon....

I'm thinking $99 for the basic Mac version. A few $10 IAP add-ons. $49 for IOS Gadget users.

• @Dham said:

@ksound said:
    I hope not. $99 is the the price point I wouldn't have to second-guess, and fair since the desktop version would not have the touch functionality of the iOS version.

@Cib said:
    We will see soon....

I'm thinking $99 for the basic Mac version. A few $10 IAP add-ons. $49 for IOS Gadget users.

Would be difficult to resist at that price.

My thoughts on audio tracks are...

Maybe they are coming to iOS because otherwise how could you possibly have the ability to work seamlessly back and forth between mac and ipad if the ipad didn't have audio tracks (unless there is some 'freeze track' thing for audio tracks when on an ipad?)

But on the other hand how are they going to be able to transfer tracks seamlessly between ipad and mac if they contain audio files. Right now iCloud doesn't pull across any Bilbao or Abu user audio when you share across iCloud (unless they've fixed this - which would be a very good thing!)

• edited January 2017

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

But on the other hand how are they going to be able to transfer tracks seamlessly between ipad and mac if they contain audio files. Right now iCloud doesn't pull across any Bilbao or Abu user audio when you share across iCloud (unless they've fixed this - which would be a very good thing!)

Samu says that this is done through iTunes. Haven't tested it yet but he seems to know right?

• @vpich said:

Samu says that this is done through iCloud. Haven't tested it yet but he seems to know right?

@Samu ?

Since when? :).

• Itunes sorry. Edited

• Module iOS app itself is £29.99 before IAPS. Think this desktop Gadget concept will be pricier than the estimations on the thread here.

They do however always play fair with their release prices. Although most of their apps are at the premium end of the scale they do usually have a generous discount on release that normally last for the 1st month.

Certainly intrigued to see how Korg deliver this.

• Velocity sensitivity in Gadget for the first time. Ability to run more instances of power-hungry Gadgets like ODYSSEi.

I wonder if we'll see Module for Mac next?

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@Dham said:

@ksound said:

@Cib said:
    We will see soon....

Maybe they are coming to iOS because otherwise how could you possibly have the ability to work seamlessly back and forth between mac and ipad if the ipad didn't have audio tracks (unless there is some 'freeze track' thing for audio tracks when on an ipad?)

My gut feeling is audio gadgets will come to iOS. Or at the very least one of the two new gadgets. I'm sure Korg has figured out some clever way how to transfer the audio files. Can't wait. Wonder when they'll come? A month?

• edited January 2017

@ksound said:

@Cib said:
    We will see soon....

But instead of multi-touch it has all the bells and whistles which plug-ins have inside a big DAW.
    Also as much as i multi-touch like and sometimes prefer, a trackpad or mouse can be much better and precise in some situations, epecially with small Gadget's.
    The iOS version with all IAP and Gadget's like Milpitas and Lexington is way beyond €99.
    So i would wonder if it's under €199 (which would be still a no-brainer price for over 30 plug-ins i could use in any of my macOS DAW).

• @Halftone said:

@Dham said:

@ksound said:

@Cib said:
    We will see soon....

My gut feeling is audio gadgets will come to iOS. Or at the very least one of the two new gadgets. I'm sure Korg has figured out some clever way how to transfer the audio files. Can't wait. Wonder when they'll come? A month?

My guess is release late March...
    Why? Korg waiting in the release of the shiny new iPad Pro v2, new iPads with mooooore muscle and memory under the hood...

Do you guys remember the first demo release of Auria Pro? We had to wait almost ten month on that...

Until this is released, we sure have a lot of things to enjoy ourselfs already ;-)

• From a few pics you see that also the Gadget's from the modules are included.
    So really everything Korg enabled as Gadget yet.
    It's great to have Gadget's everywhere....iPhone, iPad, notebook, desktop.

• @Cib said:
    But instead of multi-touch it has all the bells and whistles which plug-ins have inside a big DAW.
    Also as much as i multi-touch like and sometimes prefer, a trackpad or mouse can be much better and precise in some situations, epecially with small Gadget's.

IMO, Gadget is special and worth the price for me on iOS because it is a touch sequencer with great usability. The desktop version won't have that advantage. The instruments are fun, but there aren't many that I don't have better desktop versions of, and the sequencer would not be my top choice vs. what I have purchased. If they make this a similar price to Logic, I think they're doing it wrong.

• I hope it is made (iOS) real. It will be a good test for many of us who have barked and begged for the audio they promised. Put up or shut up etc.

• I don't think it will be expensive. On iOS, they don't have many competitors but things are very different in the desktop world. An entry level desktop DAW like Cubase Elements, Live Intro, etc. is usually around $100 (Reason Essentials is just $70 and is very capable) and there are dozens of free high quality virtual instruments you can download.

The main advantage of Gadget for Mac is the following: Seamless connection between KORG Gadget for iOS and KORG Gadget for Mac enables a smooth workflow so you can produce music anytime and anywhere. 95% of Gadget for Mac buyers will be those who already own Gadget for iOS and some/all of its IAPs. I believe Gadget for Mac + all its plugins will be considerably cheaper then the iOS version + IAPs and apps that also function as IAPs, because you can't have "seamless connection" between the two versions w/o buying the iOS Gadget IAPs first i.e. what's the point of having iM1 as a desktop plugin if you can't use it on your iPad because you don't own it? This way, the mobile users won't need to pay the full price of every additional instrument the second time (how many can justify that). I hope I'm not wrong

• I don't expect Gadget to even come close to Logic as a complete DAW, but as a sketchpad, it fills a different niche for me. And the touch capabilities of iOS Gadget aren't that significant to me; it's the composition environment that makes it unique. I also don't expect other companies to practically give things away like Apple does with their music apps, so another reason not to compare prices. Under a hundred dollars for all that Gadget offers would be amazing.

• Ableton Live project export gets a little awkward for them now, dunnit?

• I need a windows version. just so i can use the gadgets in Vst's in Ableton.....