Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget for Mac coming soon

1363738394042»

Comments

• @u0421793 said:
    That was then, this is now. What's the verdict on Gadget macOS? If you've also got it for iOS, do you use both, mostly iOS, mostly macOS, what?

I purely purchased gadget on mac to take advantage of the vst bundle to use within my ableton projects.

I have never used it on mac as i do on ios to create projects as i have ableton for this.

I also find it better creating patches using the vsts as i have the parameters mapped to push's rotary encoders.

It also adds more depth and versatility when using ableton export with the vsts.

• The last date of talk on this thread is telling...

I checked in on Gadget OSX after last using it seriously in July and I was disapointed to see that Monpellier wasnt available even after the requisite update.

Also why add MIDI learn to just iMono/Poly and not ODYSSEi when it is so needed and still relatively new?

There was a time when Korg looked to be ruling this iOS game but the scattershot nature of their activity has me deeply worried. Is the lack of connectivity with AB3 etc hubris or genuine disorganisation and their department not being supported? I hear that OSX Gadget was a flop but I havent really paid much attention. Are Korg losing the plot?

I was tempted to bring this up in a seperate thread but I honestly don't want to trash talk Korg harshly when they have been so inspirational for me this past couple of years.

• @Calverhall said:
    The last date of talk on this thread is telling...

I checked in on Gadget OSX after last using it seriously in July and I was disapointed to see that Monpellier wasnt available even after the requisite update.

Also why add MIDI learn to just iMono/Poly and not ODYSSEi when it is so needed and still relatively new?

There was a time when Korg looked to be ruling this iOS game but the scattershot nature of their activity has me deeply worried. Is the lack of connectivity with AB3 etc hubris or genuine disorganisation and their department not being supported? I hear that OSX Gadget was a flop but I havent really paid much attention. Are Korg losing the plot?

I was tempted to bring this up in a seperate thread but I honestly don't want to trash talk Korg harshly when they have been so inspirational for me this past couple of years.

Korg is just a gigantic corporation I suspect with a lot of people developing different things independently... I'm pretty sure Korg intends to stay in the iOS game and they're working hard on new things. AB3 is still relatively new. They only finally gave us AudioShare support... anyway what everyone is hoping for is Gadget AU support.

• Just contacted Korg support about this the other day. They responded quickly:

“Hello,

Thank you for supporting Gadget!

Montpellier on Mac will be released in next update.
    Sorry for waiting you long time.

Now, we are not looking for beta testers of Gadget.
    Thank you for the offer.

Best regards,
    KORG app team”

• @Calverhall yep Korg are a frustrating company with seemingly very little dialogue with, or understanding of their iOS customers, and some glaring issues that are failing to be addressed — MIDI out in Gadget to talk to the Volcas for example!
    But Gadget for Mac (or specifically the Gadget VSTs) is a bargain when on sale at $199. for over 30 Gadgets this equates to £5 per VST, with all new gadgets (eventually) being added without additional charge, in my opinion it’s one to snap up if you have any interest in taking your musical sketches / ideas into Ableton Live.

• @VerbaLee said:
    Just contacted Korg support about this the other day. They responded quickly:

“Hello,

Thank you for supporting Gadget!

Montpellier on Mac will be released in next update.
    Sorry for waiting you long time.

Now, we are not looking for beta testers of Gadget.
    Thank you for the offer.

Best regards,
    KORG app team”

Ahh that's good to hear! I"ve been all over Montepellier since it launched and can't fully load songs (marseille piano is auto replacement). Hoepfully it's real soon.

• @Artefact2001 said:
    @Calverhall yep Korg are a frustrating company with seemingly very little dialogue with, or understanding of their iOS customers, and some glaring issues that are failing to be addressed — MIDI out in Gadget to talk to the Volcas for example!
    But Gadget for Mac (or specifically the Gadget VSTs) is a bargain when on sale at $199. for over 30 Gadgets this equates to £5 per VST, with all new gadgets (eventually) being added without additional charge, in my opinion it’s one to snap up if you have any interest in taking your musical sketches / ideas into Ableton Live.

Yes I agree. Not bad for all the instruments you get and they are all fully functional in Live.