Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget for Mac coming soon

Comments

• Woo boy! Looks like they're finally working on making navigation smoother. Look at the mixer toggle on the upper left. If that means no more "back button, then expand" wankery, I'll be happy. Click # matters in music apps!

• @nick said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@nick said:

@firejan82 said:

@SpookyZoo said:

Yup! :) I think the Rosario /Durban names maybe the same gadget in Standalone and Gadget versions.

Rosario is blue, Durban looks golden and has one less knob

likely two different gadgets, following the city naming conventions

good point

Or possibly the opposite. Rosario, as far as I know, isn't a prominent place. (It's a town in Mexico, I know, and Wikipedia tells me there's a Rosario, Uruguay?) Plus they look the same, so standalone/gadget would make sense. But then you'd expect a descriptive, synthy name for the standalone, like Odyssei or iWavestation....

As far as I know, Rosario is a big city in Argentina and is FAMOUS for the football named after it (Tango Rosario) ;)

So it is.
    But the very similar look is confounding....
    How long before PR announcements become actual products for sale, I wonder?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@nick said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@nick said:

@firejan82 said:

@SpookyZoo said:

Yup! :) I think the Rosario /Durban names maybe the same gadget in Standalone and Gadget versions.

Rosario is blue, Durban looks golden and has one less knob

likely two different gadgets, following the city naming conventions

good point

Or possibly the opposite. Rosario, as far as I know, isn't a prominent place. (It's a town in Mexico, I know, and Wikipedia tells me there's a Rosario, Uruguay?) Plus they look the same, so standalone/gadget would make sense. But then you'd expect a descriptive, synthy name for the standalone, like Odyssei or iWavestation....

As far as I know, Rosario is a big city in Argentina and is FAMOUS for the football named after it (Tango Rosario) ;)

So it is.
    But the very similar look is confounding....
    How long before PR announcements become actual products for sale, I wonder?

KORG marketing is really clever, just showing enough to get every one talking and speculating ...

• @Ivan_Dj said:
    I would like to see the AUM route to Zurich :D

AUM and or AB into Zurich would be the mutts nuts

• Well, slap my ass and call me Sally. This is gonna be great! And it couldna happened at a better time. My iOS use has become very, very Gadget-centric, and i had made an informal New Year's resolution to do more stuff on the mac this year. Caint wait!

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Ivan_Dj said:

I was thinking the same, AB into the audio and guitar gadgets would be awesome - think using Guitarism or GeoShred with further processing in Gadget.

• @Thomas said:

@firejan82 said:
    Would be crazy if the long-awaited audio recording gadgets were available only for the new Mac version of Gadget. Korg wouldn't do that to us.........right?

I don't think that's the plan.
    If audio does happen to be Mac only, I'm back to mpcX dreaming. :disappointed:

I'm not sure about that. Check out this article on factmag
    http://www.factmag.com/2017/01/12/korg-gadget-mac-version-announced/

The way the paragraph is worded below makes me wonder. Perhaps I'm just being too cynical.

"Korg’s Mac version will feature the same collection of instruments as the iOS app, including the TB-303 clone called “Chicago”. It also features two new “gadgets” that allow audio recording not available on iOS and a new drum machine with 16 pads."

• @PhilW said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Ivan_Dj said:

I was thinking the same, AB into the audio and guitar gadgets would be awesome - think using Guitarism or GeoShred with further processing in Gadget.

Or indeed any other app whether it be IAA or AUv3, either played live or sequenced from ModStep or IL with Link sync, or from Auria/Cubasis internal synths using MIDI Clock sync, the output could be sent to Gadget for arranging and mixing

• @Philippe said:
    Considering the price paid for Gadget on ios including all IAP, It would be honest from them to make it universal. Why would different platform mean that I have to pay twice?!
    Anyone have made the count? Hundreds...

I don't agree with you on that...

They make Gadget for Mac as a product to earn money on, and, to employ people in the company...
    Not too smart to give it away for free to thousands of customers without earning a cent...

I gladly pay $199 for a Mac version...

• Let's not get too excited lest it all becomes an anti climax

• I would pay 199€ too but since that is already the price for KLC (Korg Legacy Collection) i'm scared it's double the price or so.
    We will see soon....

• @Noirflux said:

@Thomas said:

@firejan82 said:
    Would be crazy if the long-awaited audio recording gadgets were available only for the new Mac version of Gadget. Korg wouldn't do that to us.........right?

The way the paragraph is worded below makes me wonder. Perhaps I'm just being too cynical.

"Korg’s Mac version will feature the same collection of instruments as the iOS app, including the TB-303 clone called “Chicago”. It also features two new “gadgets” that allow audio recording not available on iOS and a new drum machine with 16 pads."

Sent a note to the author. We will see.

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@Philippe said:
    Considering the price paid for Gadget on ios including all IAP, It would be honest from them to make it universal. Why would different platform mean that I have to pay twice?!
    Anyone have made the count? Hundreds...

I don't agree with you on that...

They make Gadget for Mac as a product to earn money on, and, to employ people in the company...
    Not too smart to give it away for free to thousands of customers without earning a cent...

I gladly pay $199 for a Mac version...

I think that the price of something should be honestly set following the work that has been done to make that thing. Most of the code was already there, and those thousands costumer already paid for that code. I would be glad to pay for the upgrade which would just be an honest deal, not for the whole thing again.
    I would see them follow their IAP business model. All you have paid for, you can "restore it", and for the new gadgets, you open the wallet.
    After all, isn't it the same apple ID for ios and mac? They sould be smart enough to make it work, I guess, I wish, I doubt.

• This could be a game changer for me. Even though I don't always use Gadget as a workflow it is the workflow that spits out entire songs more frequently than any other. It's simply the best all in one solution on the iPad. I would probably live entirely in Gadget if not for all the fantastic other non--Korg stuff that keeps coming out, like Troublemaker for example.

I don't always have access to my iPad and when I have access to both my iPad and Mac sometimes I just prefer using the Mac. But I've basically been limited to GarageBand in that regard because I have been hesitant to invest any money in Mac music production related software. This is probably going to change that because the idea of seamlessly being able to switch between both Mac and iPad, using the very slick Gadget working environment and instruments, is extremely appealing to me. Garageband on both the Mac and iOS is decent but it just doesn't do it for me like Gadget would on both devices.

So this is likely an instant purchase for me no matter what the cost, assuming it turns out to be as good as it looks. Makes me wish I went after some of that Korg stuff during the 50% off sale, particularly iWavestation and Odyssei. On the other hand the restraint I somehow showed during the holidays is going to make this purchase a lot easier. This is awesome!

And personally I would really be shocked if they didn't include those two new gadgets in the IOS version in the near future. In fact I'm willing to bet those promotional images were a bit of an oversight on the part of their marketing department. I'm sure they wanted to surprise everybody with announcements of IOS versions of these two new gadgets, probably during NAMM. I guess we won't have to wait long to find out because if such announcements don't come at NAMM you know that lots of people are going to ask about it. Maybe their rep that frequents this forum (Lars?) will answer the question for us before NAMM even starts.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Noirflux said:

@Thomas said:

@firejan82 said:

maybe the author forgot to put a 'yet' or a 'currently' in that sentence

• @nick said:

That is how I read it, as in 'currently not yet available on iOS' :)

• @Samu said:

@nick said:

I was also hoping for this after I reread it 10 times lol. Thanks for sending the note @ExAsperis99 :)

• edited January 2017

It's great news but i'll stay very sceptical about the new gadgets and audiotracks coming to iOS in the near future.Rosario as a an (most probably)pure FX processor doesn't even make sense in ios gadget as it works now.Closed ecosystem and stuff like no routing options etc.I also doubt they'll make the ios gadgets AU compatible on ios.But i dont want to kill the exitement so just ignore me ;)

Although I do think now the audiotracks and the Audio/FX gadgets (so probably some more internal routing options as well)will come to iOS at some point but i hope the Mac version doesn't mean there are less ressources for the iOS development now.It already took korg a painfully long time to update gagdet ro the point were it is now.Which is not THAT far ahead of the 1.0 version.Besides the new gadgets they add from time to time.
    But there would be a big BIG disappointment in the community if they stick the audiotracks to our nose after all the time...but deliver them only for Mac.Hell would break loose and they should know that :smiley:

Probably they announce the Audio stuff for iOS on Musikmesse,if we are lucky.But in the very next time i think the focus is on the Mac version.If there are not two teams working on it which i doubt as well but yeah....who knows

Personally i still can live without audiotracks i just wish there would be an alternative way to arrange stuff.A more classic timeline as a secondary option/screen.THAT would be my biggest wish.i love gadget but i hate to arrange with it so i avoid it were i can (and therefore have a lot of extrawork)

• I could see them make at least the Module gadgets into audio units on iOS, would probably help sell Module and all its IAP , especially to musicians who don't use Gadget

• edited January 2017

from dischord just now - in regards to audio gadgets

Although the website doesn't explicitly state that these gadgets will come out for iOS, I am hearing some credible rumors that they both will. The rumors also mention new effects are coming to iOS.

discchord.com/appnews/2017/01/12/korg-gadget-is-coming-to-macos

• Tim from discchord says he has heard **credible **rumours the two new gadgets will be on ios too!

"Although the website doesn't explicitly state that these gadgets will come out for iOS, I am hearing some credible rumors that they both will. The rumors also mention new effects are coming to iOS."

• Gadget on macOS will feel 'weird' as the whole Gadget 'concept' is based around touching onscreen 'things'.

Looking at the screenshots it's also pretty apparent that Gadget will get some kind of bussing system.
    So the 'FX Processor' Gadget could simply be a 'effect-track'(with automation) to which other tracks can be routed.

And we know nothing about the 'tape recorder' maybe the editor will allow live re-pitching of recorded material and things like that, and that in turn could then be routed to the effect track...

I'm still hoping the amount of available IFX effects will increase too, I mean I love the Phoenix Gadget but there is no way to put some chorus on it. The Gadget includes Delay but no Chorus on the IFX section. And no way to add distortion/overdrive to Dublin...

• Korg knows what they are doing, keeping us in suspense about the iOS version, taking us for a ride like that just to amplify the joy when they deliver the iOS update and the Mac version simultaneously......... I hope

• edited January 2017

@Samu said:
    And no way to add distortion/overdrive to Dublin...

there is a drive knob

• @Noirflux said:

@Samu said:

@nick said:

I was also hoping for this after I reread it 10 times lol. Thanks for sending the note @ExAsperis99 :)

Reporter said he was simply quoting the press release and didn't mean to add confusion. He added he'd be amazed if the new gadgets weren't included on iOS....

This definitely changes the app-buying/gift card landscape for the near future...

• I don't think there's any chance of the 2 versions being anything but identical in terms of features. Will there be IAPs? Bet your ass. Will Mac cost more? Most likely. But we'll be fine with the features/gadgets.

• I could care less about the Mac version - in fact, I don't think I'd even install it on my MacBook if Korg gave it to me free -- I hate making music on desktop or laptop that much. But this is very good and exciting news for ios Gadget for sure. Can't wait for all the new stuff!

• edited January 2017

@u0421793 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    My poor wallet...

Yeah, those bastards, forcing us to buy stuff like that. I'd far prefer to be given the choice, if only there was free will.

Two quotes from Mister Singer. One for @u0421793

You must believe in free will; there is no choice.

And the other for the rest of us Gadgeteers:

Perhaps God throws away many experiments before He finds the right expression. Perhaps we are the discards — or we could be the part He keeps. This mystery is what keeps us all going, to see what happens in the next chapter.

• I like the idea of being able to start a project on the iPad, and finish it off on the laptop, but not the idea of paying for it all again, so doubt I'll bother. I like Gadget, but it's a bit too rigid for my way of working so doubt I'll take the plunge. Probably.

• @Halftone said:
    I could care less about the Mac version …

I'm just the opposite - I couldn't care less about the Mac version. I've forgotten I ever used a Mac to make music, and I'm buggered if I'm going to buy the whole lot again (or any of it again). I've settled on the iPad as the place to make, and although there's resistance and friction, it already beats the ease of working I used to have when I was, for example, doing music on Mac System 7 on a Mac IIsi, and that sort of setup took years to develop to that point. The iPad points the way, I feel, if we give it a chance.