Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget for Mac coming soon

Comments

• @Tarekith said:
    It says in the very first post they will be available as VSTs :)

It sounded too good to be true :)

• Seems almost another finger up at Apple saying the iPad can replace your laptop lol :p

• edited January 2017

Considering the price paid for Gadget on ios including all IAP, It would be honest from them to make it universal. Why would different platform mean that I have to pay twice?!
    Anyone have made the count? Hundreds...

• so three audio gadgets. wow, interesting news.

As an amusing side note -- In our 2015 guess-what-the-next-gadget-will-be-called thread I predicted a Durban gadget and @JohnnyGoodyear predicted a Zurich gadget, and here they finally are!

• Looking forward to the Zurich tape Gadget hitting iOS. Good news. And that it must be getting continued development is also good for the iOS version.

• I really hope there will be a 'discount' for existing Gadget owners...

• No interest in returning to Mac, but I want the new gadgets on my iPad!

• I'm curious if they allow you to take those recorded tracks and put them in a sampler gadget. Presumably the new 16pads is a beat slicer. That's the only thing I miss in Gadget. A way to take a beat, chop the sample and play the slices.

I know that AbuDhabi does that but the slicing process is tedious and that made for stuttering shit which is not up my alley.

I think on the Mac there will be 2 products: 1) Gadget standalone 2) VST pack with the separate gadgets which you can use in Live or any daw.

It was interesting if they used them as VSTs in gadget internally... that way... in iOS they would appear in other hosts as well, but that's a long shot :D

• @Matthew said:
    No interest in returning to Mac, but I want the new gadgets on my iPad!

That's what I'm after too :)

• That's a point, if the Gadgets become AUs on the Mac then shouldn't they also become AUs on iOS? Doubtful....but curious.

• edited January 2017

@u0421793 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    My poor wallet...

Yeah, those bastards, forcing us to buy stuff like that. I'd far prefer to be given the choice, if only there was free will.

Strange comment.

Anyway, looks like a nice thing, but if there's a cheaper way of integrating Gadget with Logic then I'll go that way instead. Probably.

• mh ... the gadgets as auv3 on iOS would be nice

• @nick said:
    mh ... the gadgets as auv3 on iOS would be nice

That might very well happen as they are advertised as AU on the Mac too :)

• Wow! Great news. Well, I'm not a Mac user but I'm assuming the plugin collection will be purchasable for VAT hosts? Also it's strongly implied that the new version will be a consistent experience from iOS to Mac OS. If so, Gadget is about to replace the majority of my other apps!

• @Samu said:

@Matthew said:
    No interest in returning to Mac, but I want the new gadgets on my iPad!

That's what I'm after too :)

And me.

I must say this is a surprising development in the Gadget development program. The purpose of Gadget seemed clear: A touch based, relatively closed and slightly limited solution for mobile music production. This made more sense by the addition of Ableton Live project export. It's purpose and position seemed clear.

This news indicates Korg now have even bigger plans for Gadget.

All I hope is that Korg keeps the iOS version on a level par with the Mac version, and not as a crippled sketch pad before export to the Mac version.

One detail makes me especially hopeful; the current version of Gadget is 2.9. Version 3.0 is imminent ;)

• Also, as I just mentioned on another forum, anyone else find it interesting that it's the first (AFAIK) non Props app to support Allihoopa? I wonder if this indicates a closer relationship between Korg and Props, or if Allihoopa is functioning as its own service now independently of Reason and Props other apps. Hmmm.

• I'd like to see the whole of gadget work as an au on mac, but happy the gadgets will be available as plugins.

• What it make me happy is see the audio waves in Gadget.

• edited January 2017

Why is the Wolfsburg labelled as Wolfburg ?

• Audio tracks ang guitar amps on ios please!!! hope that my mini2 can keep up with it!
    Also a windows version to run on cheap tablets and netbooks would be great but I don't have much hope...

Will the the VST be available to windows user? doesnt seems so... let's see

• edited January 2017

@bleed said:
    The most interesting thing for me are those little "All Ins/Master" switches on top of the mixer that seem to indicate, that you may be able to merge different tracks and that you might be able to record straight in other gadgets (Bibao and Abu Dhabi would be the obvious candidates) as well. Also, that 16 Pad drum gadget sounds like it's perfect for slicing up drum loops.

The Master button could be for AUX (FX) tracks....if theyre adding FX gadgets and audio recorder it makes sense.

• hope we can send audio from other tracks in the audio recorder; or render trrack and open in new audio track....

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Why is the Wolfsburg labelled as Wolfburg ?

Because of the Volkswagen emissions scandal

• edited January 2017

I'm curious about the new powerful drum gadget with 16 pads

• @Ivan_Dj said:
    I'm curious about the new powerful drum gadget with 16 pads

There is already London, Gladstone and Tokyo.......what could another drum machine add ? User configurable multi layered kits ? Humanize functions ? or a playing surface with Beat repeat/Roll type of stuff ? A more powerful version of Tokyo with more sound control options ? A drum arranger ?
    Who knows what it will be......

I really do hope that all these Gadgets they are announcing with the Mac version do come to iOS as well otherwise all of us will feel very used and abused after all the support we have given Gadget.

• @Ivan_Dj said:
    I'm curious about the new powerful gadget with 16 pads

Same here.

I quite like the way the Electribe 2/Sampler is laid out.(I have the Electribe 2, non sampler).
    It's just 16 'parts' (with filter and ifx per part) where each part is treated like a 'synth' that can be played across the keyboard.

The closest I've seen on iOS so far is actually BeatHawk...

But most of all I'm hoping we're finally see proper 'sapling/re-sampling/editing' in Gadget.

Remains to be seen if I fall for Mac version of Gadget as well, I mean It would be nice to use the 'Gadget AUv3s' inside Logic...

• I hope the Mac version works like a desktop app - plenty of keyboard shortcuts, normal copy & paste functions and file management, naming tracks, etc… and it should be really nice on a big screen. Not sure if I really need it, but it would be easier exporting to Logic.

I expect it’ll be more expensive, but the price should be interesting to see — the difference between the markets on the two platforms, and what Korg needs to make with this on the Mac. If it costs roughly the same as the iOS version, with the added price of all the new gadgets and features, I think it’ll be a steal.

• Exciting news on the new audio Gadgets and mac Version.

I recently got the NanoKontrol Studio and was pretty underwhelmed with the interaction between iOS Gadget and the controller. So many of the buttons are redundant.

So hopefully they'll also have a firmware update on the NK Sudio with new functionality for the desktop and mobile versions.

• edited January 2017

@1P18 said:

Looks like maybe it's another effects Gadget, like the new Rosario guitar one shown in the other photo. It has waveforms rather than midi.

Maybe Rosario will be a Standalone app and Durban is what it's named within Gadget?

• Well. Korg has been doing it's own thing and teaching me what i want so i await instructions.