Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Z3ta2 would you still buy it?

as a follow up on my question about synth apps with presets gallore: would you still buy it? cw support answered me they can not give any information about the iOS version regarding future and support.

Comments

• I bought it ages ago, gets used occasionally still, can't remember how much it costs in the App Store now but it's a lot cheaper than the vst version.

Essentially it's going to break soonish but still worth it probably.

• it's still an expensive app (€19.99). so i'd be happy to have it up and running for longer than soonish...

• edited January 2017

Z3Ta2 was one of my favourite vst/au synths and I was thrilled when it got released on iOS which meant an instant buy for me. There hasn't been any updates in a while and no AU support. However, since buying the excellent Poison-202, I don't use Z3ta2 as Poison-202 is a Z3ta2 substitute and I am able to recreate some of my favourite atmospheric Z3ta2 pads on Poison-202. Anyway it would still be great if Z3ta2 got an AUv3 update.

• @Artmuzz said:
    Z3Ta2 was one of my favourite vst/au synths and I was thrilled when it got released on iOS which meant an instant buy for me. There hasn't been any updates in a while and no AU support. However, since buying the excellent Poison-202, I don't use Z3ta2 as Poison-202 is a Z3ta2 substitute and I am able to recreate some of my favourite atmospheric Z3ta2 pads on Poison-202. Anyway it would still be great if Z3ta2 got an AUv3 update.

sweet, i was already eyeing Poison-202. will give it a go!

• Cakewalk is truly the most useless big-name developer when it comes to iOS. They haven't updated z3ta+ in two years, and getting any sign of human life out of their customer support is harder to endure than getting a root canal. I'm shocked you got an answer at all, so hats off to you mate.

My main issue stems from the fact that when I try to export my own preset, such as upload to email or dropbox, the thing crashes on me. If I update to a new iPad once every few years, I'd want to port over my presets as opposed to restoring the current state of my current iPad to a new one.

Luckily I only paid $19.99 rather than £19.99 (which is more money) for z3ta+ back in January 2015, but until Cakewalk starts acting like a company that actually cares about its iOS customers, I'd advise you purchase a much better synth such as Thor, or get Auria Pro which has the Twin 2 synth, or if FM synthesis is what you wish....Phasemaker.

• Without a doubt I would! I love this beast and it still is working great for me. Incredible sounds especially the moving stuff and there are quite a lot of patches of the them. The largest set of arp patterns I have come across also. It's midi learn still working most excellent alongside other apps with updates that do not . Perhaps not much for updates but still running rock solid day after day. Yes I would definitely buy again !

• @Tritonman said:
    Without a doubt I would! I love this beast and it still is working great for me. Incredible sounds especially the moving stuff and there are quite a lot of patches of the them. The largest set of arp patterns I have come across also. It's midi learn still working most excellent alongside other apps with updates that do not . Perhaps not much for updates but still running rock solid day after day. Yes I would definitely buy again !

+1
    despite the few flaws it has, still one of the very best synths on iOS

• @Tritonman said:
    Without a doubt I would! I love this beast and it still is working great for me. Incredible sounds especially the moving stuff and there are quite a lot of patches of the them. The largest set of arp patterns I have come across also. It's midi learn still working most excellent alongside other apps with updates that do not . Perhaps not much for updates but still running rock solid day after day. Yes I would definitely buy again !

+1

• @nick said:

@Tritonman said:

+1

My sentiments entirely....

• I dont use a computer but I have been buying vsts to backup my love for ios synths. Its a shame z3ta hasnt been updated for ios but Im very happy to have bought z3ta2 vst for only a little more than the ipad version. I thyink I paid £40 and at least 15 for the ios one.
    There is some hope, once Cakewalk rake in the money for their lifetime support maybe they will have some spare cash to do some maintenance. I probably wouldnt buy the ios version until that happens but you can find the vst very cheap and still appears as one of the top ten vst synths in reviews

• I'll buy it when it has an update, but won't risk it otherwise. If they've abandoned it then its pot luck as to how long it'll keep working, so a sign otherwise would give me confidence to splash the cash.

• @dermichl said:
    sweet, i was already eyeing Poison-202. will give it a go!

Do that, its a really great synth and i absolutely love its presets as well

• I have it. I would not buy any app that hasn't had an update for 2 years.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I have it. I would not buy any app that hasn't had an update for 2 years.

Me too. I do like it though, but don't use it that often.

• edited January 2017

It might help to share the features/fixes an update would address. I mentioned the ones I'm aware of in another thread: tiny controls in places, no IAA control panel. Small things for me but I admit I drank the Koolaid on this one when it first went live and haven't looked back

• One issue is that you can only get presets into it one at a time. And, it crashes each time you import a preset. Neither iFunbox nor iTunes work for copying presets..

In general, it is very crashy.

But, some of the patches you can build sounds like no other synth on iOS.

• @johnfromberkeley said:

Crystal Synth XT.

• edited January 2017

@johnfromberkeley said:
    One issue is that you can only get presets into it one at a time. And, it crashes each time you import a preset. Neither iFunbox nor iTunes work for copying presets..

In general, it is very crashy.

Yup, the sounds coming from it tonight at my friends were truly massive! I have it paired up with my Oxygen 49 controller and it maps extremely easy and well compared to Many of my other apps also. My friend Dale could not believe how extremely amazing the filters respond and how deep the arp presets go. I was actually blown away once again by it's capabilities tonight! We gave it a real nice workout for four hours and a bit more. I had my friends eyes bulging on more tha several occasions as patch after patch showed so much depth And variation. Good times had for sure.
    Oh, no crashes as in zero all night.

• Nope
    It doesn't support multi touch and there are now much better synth out there imo

• I wish they would hand it over to a developer who's into iOS