Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to get Sustain in Sampletank?

Hi all, just joined the community. Thanks in advance for your experience, advice, etc. Hopefully I'll be able to help some of you as much as I'm sure you'll help me.

I just started using Sampletank and I'm struggling to figure out how to simply add sustain to a note. For example, when playing the electronic piano I want to be able to strike a key and have that note sustain/ring out, but I can't seem to find a switch/setting to accomplish this. In GarageBand, there's a simple switch on the EP layout for "sustain" that accomplishes exactly this. Hard to imagine Sampletank would omit such a simple, yet useful feature. What am I missing?

Comments

• edited January 2017

@AnalogCortex Dial the "release" button to full (or hook a keyboard with a systain pedal to your iPad).

• the functionality is there, just connect a MIDI keyboard with a sustain pedal attach to it and it will work.
    If you're just using the virtual keyboard then no, for me the sustain switch on GarageBand it's not really useful for anything beyond playing a few simple chords but there's nothing like it on sampletank, the release knob on sampletank might work but it's not an on/off switch, it's gradual, there's no immediate on/off effect which is the whole point of the sustain pedal.

• @Marcel said:
    @AnalogCortex Dial the "release" button to full (or hook a keyboard with a systain pedal to your iPad).

Thank you! The release knob was right there in front of me the whole time. Not sure how I missed it.

• You can also load Sampletank in AUM, which has a keyboard with a sustain button (infinity sign) that can be turned on and off.